No Sale for Habitual Drunkards

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: No Sale for Habitual Drunkards

Post by Hugh »

Is it possible to ask a police department if they have a file on you? I've been arrested for falling on the sidewalk, and my neighbors called the cops on me when I fell in the middle of the street (I was able to make it to my apartment before they arrived, so they didn't arrest me). Perhaps the mere act of asking would raise a flag, too.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Savage wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:09 am
Where is this?
Colorado.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Hugh wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:38 pm
Remember that thread where people feel embarrassed about going to the liquor store too many times and buying too much booze because you don't want the clerk to think you're a no-good drunk? Well, I do that. That's why I alternate between CVS Pharmacy and the liquor store and I also wait for the shift changeover at the liquor store before going back. No doubt I'd be classified as a Habitual Drunkard. It's either that or take a roller cart with me to the liquor store and fill it up all in one trip.
That thread was me and I am so happy now to be in Germany where nobody cares if you're a habitual drunkard. But previously I lived in a small town so it wasn't so much the clerk I cared about, it was who was shopping at the stores seeing me buy booze constantly. Could be co-workers, the town gossipers, arch enemies, people whose business it wasn't to know I drink, you name it there were there. But there was always someone I knew there and that sucked. It was actually kind of stressful. I too, would rotate the stores.
Okole maluna!

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by TheDrunkardAnglo »

The only reason I don't go to the off-license is out of sheer bone-idleness. Amazon Prime delivers all my booze within 24 hours. I only go if I fancy some beer & yes the shop is only 10 minutes away or 4 minutes if catch a bus.
Major Strasser: What is your nationality?
Rick: I'm a drunkard.
Captain Renault: That makes Rick a citizen of the world.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Lovely neighbors. When Daddy fell down during his morning walk, some old people (retirement community) rallied up and he went to the doctor and mom was notified. Well Dad only drank one beer (occasionally two) during the Dodger games. *
I remember many weekends that I had to shift the broken chunk of mirror so he could see if the TV was benefitting from his tinkering. Sometimes we would go to Thrift Drug and test the tubes from the TV.

* Yay! Pretzels!
like tears in rain

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Hugh wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:46 pm
Is it possible to ask a police department if they have a file on you? I've been arrested for falling on the sidewalk, and my neighbors called the cops on me when I fell in the middle of the street (I was able to make it to my apartment before they arrived, so they didn't arrest me). Perhaps the mere act of asking would raise a flag, too.
You can in germany. For many jobs you need to show your clean police record actually. You`ll have to ask for it at our registration office (not the police!) and of course it costs a lot of money for a damn print out.
There`s two versions, the simple one you mostly need just shows you`re not a rapist or were convicted before. The longer one shows more records but I`m not sure what is included really
Drink!