What if we

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

What if we

Post by Savage »

Yeah, what if we kept the Christmas tree up all year, but redecorated it for every different season/holiday? Wouldn't that be jolly? And make food and booze to theme?

Of course, it would have to be an artificial tree (I've never had one of those) but it seems like a kind of nice idea. Of course, it is five in the morning and the moose--sorry, the Grumpy is making so much noise that the dogs next door have started barking...

Usually, when their owner lets them out at five or six freaking hours of the morning, they moan and cry like someone was pulling a fully decorated Christmas tree out of their asses. (I think they should be taken to the vet to be checked out)
But when Grumpy is in full throat, I guess they can hear him, because they seem to do a sort of call and response.

G:Snore! Snort, choke!
D:Gasp, oww, rrroooww! ruff!
like tears in rain

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: What if we

Post by scream ale »

I leave Halloween/autumn themed decorations out around the house year round. Grinning pumpkins, witches, black cats, turkeys, all kinds orangr and black stuff. Never thought of incorporating them into other holidays though.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

...lock our big cat out.

He brings mice in at around 4 to 5 in the morning hours. That freaks out the dog and his barking freaks us out.

Sleep, precious sleeping rest. We need it!

I don`t care about trees, they go bald like me
Drink!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I am so looking forward to this Halloween 2021. 2020 (the much anticipated Saturday Full Moon 31st), was something we Halloweeners had been looking forward to for years. Then came the virus. Since our long established hot spot at the big pink pile of stucco was sold at the end of 2018, 2019 saw us in a brand new neighborhood, with only a few houses. We had perhaps a dozen trick or treaters. Quite a difference from the hundreds we were used to. I did the usual balls to the wall outdoor decor, and Grumpy bought full-sized candy bars. Well, we weren't nuts. We realized it was a new area, but I expected more than the few TOTS that showed up. I'm pretty sure that some of our later visitors were repeats, because hey, full-size candy bars.

2020 we abstained, of course.

2021? New houses have been/are being built. I'm going to do it. I have a shed full of skeletons and assorted stuff. I used to do themes, with thrift shop outfits for the skellies, but I donated those, because we're going back to the basics. But dammit, we are once again underneath a streetlight. Can't a girl get a break?
like tears in rain

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Savage wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:05 am
I am so looking forward to this Halloween 2021. 2020 (the much anticipated Saturday Full Moon 31st), was something we Halloweeners had been looking forward to for years. Then came the virus. Since our long established hot spot at the big pink pile of stucco was sold at the end of 2018, 2019 saw us in a brand new neighborhood, with only a few houses. We had perhaps a dozen trick or treaters. Quite a difference from the hundreds we were used to. I did the usual balls to the wall outdoor decor, and Grumpy bought full-sized candy bars. Well, we weren't nuts. We realized it was a new area, but I expected more than the few TOTS that showed up. I'm pretty sure that some of our later visitors were repeats, because hey, full-size candy bars.

2020 we abstained, of course.

2021? New houses have been/are being built. I'm going to do it. I have a shed full of skeletons and assorted stuff. I used to do themes, with thrift shop outfits for the skellies, but I donated those, because we're going back to the basics. But dammit, we are once again underneath a streetlight. Can't a girl get a break?
A woman after my own heart. This is what I'm talking about, let's start early! The rest of the year is mostly only bullshit anyway.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

What if we moved new years to February? Or maybe March? I get all this time off work between Thanksgiving, christmas and new years then nothing until...I don't even know when. Maybe easter? I can't remember. Seriously March 1st would work just as well as January 1st.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

What if I went back to being female?
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Nausea wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:33 pm
Your tip jar at the liquor store might finally pay off.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Nausea wrote:
I gotta pair of garden shears...
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rye and Coke »

scream ale wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:24 pm
What if we moved new years to February? Or maybe March? I get all this time off work between Thanksgiving, christmas and new years then nothing until...I don't even know when. Maybe easter? I can't remember. Seriously March 1st would work just as well as January 1st.
Honestly, with it's now infamous reputation, I don't know why St. Patty's isn't a long weekend holiday. Work productivity has to be shit the next day.

steved2112
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by steved2112 »

What we need is a Christmas Tree that turns into an air conditioner. Since both of those things are a giant pain in the ass to move in and out of position.
I feel like I;' Typing down hill.
-F. Sott Blitzedgerald

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

^ ^ ^ I am totally down with this.
Okole maluna!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

scream ale wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:24 pm
How whimsical! I will add my three and a half cents (I'm so much better than two) Lets declare each and every one of our birthdays a national drunkard holiday. Sorry boss, I won't be in today, it's Drunky McDrunkardson's birthday. I'll be going to the open bar mass, to be followed by the pancake breakfast with brandy champagne punch and drunkard song sing-alongs. (I usually get kicked off the stage after six or seven renditions of Fuck You I'm Drunk.)
like tears in rain

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

steved2112 wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:56 pm
What we need is a Christmas Tree that turns into an air conditioner. Since both of those things are a giant pain in the ass to move in and out of position.
A giant Bob Ross chia pet is what we want, what we need. Happy little trees if you please.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Nausea wrote:
How do you look in a cocktail dress and heels? Retro is in, sugar!
Oh, your lipstick is smudged----
like tears in rain