To the Ol Drunkards

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: To the Ol Drunkards

Post by benitobeast69 »

fuck me man...when you say sarge....was he the geezer with the santa hat and shotgun in his pic???
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Some of our beloved have died. Some have moved on to other ways of life. Some, like Grumpy, have changed a lot. I think--no, I know--he is sick. He has lost the joy of drinking and moved on to a scary stage. I spent an hour or so picking glass out of the rug when he smashed a light fixture that was nowhere near where he needed to be to get more booze or go to bed. He has lost his joy. He is, and has been for a couple of hours, been lying face down on the floor, right beside where I vacuumed and picked up with my hands all the glass chunks of a light fixture that he somehow wandered into, even though it was a long way from where he should have been going, and blocked by some things we are moving. I am scared. Last year, I tried to get him some help, and I ended up in a spot of trouble myself. No one will listen. During the day, he seems normal. At night, he loses his mind.

At first, I notice he starts to have difficulty following a conversation. Then, he gets verbally combative. Then, he falls "asleep" in his chair. But so far, over the last year or two, he has managed to sort of wake up, and stumble into various things and break them, and hurt himself. I have learned how to clean blood stains out of rugs. This happened when we were in the old house, and I thought it would be better when we moved to a one story place, but it continues. The children do not believe me. I don't know what to do. I gave up drinking for a few weeks, but he just drank it all himself. I bought what was supposed to taste like bourbon but was non-alcoholic, but he found the bottles.

I guess most drinkers just drink, but some get physically addicted? I didn't give two sh**s about not drinking all those weeks I was in the ICU and hospital, and undergoing cancer treatment all summer and all that boring stuff, but I jolly well went back to my usual routine once I was off all that.

oh crap. i'm sorry. i just now realized that i totally highjacked a thread. also i heard grumpy and i'd better go check on him.
like tears in rain

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Savage wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:43 am
Then, he falls "asleep" in his chair. But so far, over the last year or two, he has managed to sort of wake up, and stumble into various things and break them, and hurt himself.
Sounds familiar. I had an ex girlfriend like that.
I sadly have no good adivce for you. You have been together for so long, so calling it quits is outta the question.
Maybe make him eat more and have him pass out from over-eating?!
Damn I`m dumb I really have no idea
Drink!

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

congrats to Jenna and Gerald

Post by whiskeyprick »

saw that the 2 drunkards got married on that bookyface thing. take it for what it's worth
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Re: congrats to Jenna and Gerald

Post by Rye and Coke »

whiskeyprick wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:23 pm
saw that the 2 drunkards got married on that bookyface thing. take it for what it's worth
Congrats to them. Don't know em, but they drink.

So they are family

cheers
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

oettinger wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:16 am
Savage wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:43 am
Then, he falls "asleep" in his chair. But so far, over the last year or two, he has managed to sort of wake up, and stumble into various things and break them, and hurt himself.
Sounds familiar. I had an ex girlfriend like that.
I sadly have no good adivce for you. You have been together for so long, so calling it quits is outta the question.
Maybe make him eat more and have him pass out from over-eating?!
Damn I`m dumb I really have no idea
We are at the age where we do not eat that much--actually, we've never been big eaters, and Grumpy has always been a fairly slim guy. Neither one of us will ever pass out from overeating. He's okay right now, but I stay up late--not really a problem since I don't sleep much--to make sure he doesn't wake up and run amok. So far this year, I've had to throw away a very nice jewelry box that I had just bought, set aside for repair two other boxes, clean up glass from a few oops, and I am still picking glass out of the rugs from the big light fixture--btw does anyone have any handy hints on how to get bloody vomit out of a rug when you've already tried the standard remedies?
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Rooster wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:34 pm
Keeping in line with the traditions and the normal practices of this Bulletin Board Service (BBS); I would like to invite each and every single one of you to go fuck yourselves.
See you on the flip-side.
I would retort likewise, but your avatar scares me.
like tears in rain

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Tell "em we said Congrats!.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Rooster
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Rooster »

I was going to post a picture; but, we're still using a BBS hosting site that is antiquated. C'mon Frank... update this platform.

Meanwhile, ya boy is still out here pounding beers. Shoutout to the legends; welcome to the new folks.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Rooster wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:07 pm
I was going to post a picture; but, we're still using a BBS hosting site that is antiquated. C'mon Frank... update this platform.

Meanwhile, ya boy is still out here pounding beers. Shoutout to the legends; welcome to the new folks.
Your nun scares me. I think she taught one of my CCD classes.
like tears in rain

OldDale
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

SHOUTOUt to WHISNEYPRICK and SEARGENT HSA

Post by OldDale »

How did we survive?
Well, I am stubborn but what about you?

OldDale
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Re: SHOUTOUt to WHISNEYPRICK and SEARGENT HSA

Post by OldDale »

And how can I correct misspellings in the subject line?
Hey' I'm drunk.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

WP is in the chat room right now
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

OldDale
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound