"Hello, I'm back!" - Where have you been? What's your excuse?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: "Hello, I'm back!" - Where have you been? What's your excuse?

Post by Patchez »

Welcome back Space Monkey! We're here for you. Drink up and enjoy some you time. You deserve it.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

Post by waahoohah »

Badfellow wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:40 am
waahoohah wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:50 pm
…You know what? The shit wasn't worth it. Not even a little bit. Especially not the work related nightmares.
So, I walked away from it all. I've recently rediscovered this old hobby of mine called "drinking until the sun comes up."
I sleep so much better now.
I may have to find another job soon. Or, I may not! Who knows?
Came to the same conclusion some time ago and have never looked back. You know, other than like literally when I drop some change on the sidewalk. Welcome back and bottoms up.
Feel like I have come home. this feels like home.
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald

Fabricsoftner
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Fabricsoftner »

Busy with work and life bullshit. Not as online as I used to be.
<@Riddeford> lying on the ground laughing then going to get drunk on a pier. isn't what was fabric was born to do?

<apE> if theyd spend half as much time drinking as they do bitching, itd all be good

<@Fabric> Pint: why do I feel like shit?
<%pint> Fabric: people

<@fiyah> you're unemployed and drunk, you have no standards

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Welcome back Fabricsoftner, I remember your hilarious postings. Your witty humor always cracked me up

I hope shit isn`t completely full of life
Drink!

Shot Time
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Shot Time »

I haven't posted in 3 years! But I had to come back because I am blacked out on IPAs and my friend said he was on a bender, so I directed him here to Oggar's post about benders so he would know that he's actually on a rager since it's been more than 5 days.

Hope you all have been well.
Use to be cool

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Welcome back Shot Time. Five days plus is a nice binge going on for sure. Oggar`s definition of a bender is 10 days though I think. That`s rough. We`re on number five at the moment also and the wheels are already falling off. Cheers
Drink!

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

Thompson wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:15 pm
I can see it CB, you work at it, you do good, then one day you say Fuck It. You drink till your toes don’t have no feet. Now you have to deal with the hangover, it’s a very familiar spot, gonna take several days to come back around, but you might not want to come back around, might want to stay ‘out there’, and in the end It Does Not Matter. It’s going to go down like it goes down.
I will do this one day; but haven't yet. It's my birthday this month. So, nearly a whole year of sticking to no more than 4 standard US drinks per day / 14 per week. I've gone a little over at times (but never intentionally, only through miscalculation). My standard tipple is a shot of whisky or bourbon chased with three cans of beer, four days a week. It's OK. I see it as training myself to drink enough for a slight buzz, then stop. My reward for seeing out the year is no more weeky limits. If I drink more than 4 in a day, it's 1 subsequent day off for each extra drink I have. So, the motivation not to drink too much too often is that I can drink more over a week or two if I stick to 4 a day.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Casual Binger wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:13 pm
Thompson wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:15 pm
I can see it CB, you work at it, you do good, then one day you say Fuck It. You drink till your toes don’t have no feet. Now you have to deal with the hangover, it’s a very familiar spot, gonna take several days to come back around, but you might not want to come back around, might want to stay ‘out there’, and in the end It Does Not Matter. It’s going to go down like it goes down.
I will do this one day; but haven't yet. It's my birthday this month. So, nearly a whole year of sticking to no more than 4 standard US drinks per day / 14 per week. I've gone a little over at times (but never intentionally, only through miscalculation). My standard tipple is a shot of whisky or bourbon chased with three cans of beer, four days a week. It's OK. I see it as training myself to drink enough for a slight buzz, then stop. My reward for seeing out the year is no more weeky limits. If I drink more than 4 in a day, it's 1 subsequent day off for each extra drink I have. So, the motivation not to drink too much too often is that I can drink more over a week or two if I stick to 4 a day.
That`s some serious self-control.
I start counting after I had 14 for breakfest
Drink!

Bubblez
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Bubblez »

Well well well... after years of 5 day weeks turning in to 6 and 7 day weeks I am back on straight 4 ten hour days. Cuts in to my drinking money but frees my drinking time up. Still work the overnights but helps with my day drinking...
What would you rather do—leave a beautiful corpse, or a scorched Earth? Don’t live fast and die young. Live long and die hard.¸

—Sarah Szabo

I'm all for a scorched Earth policy. -- Me

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Bubblez wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:46 am
Well well well... after years of 5 day weeks turning in to 6 and 7 day weeks I am back on straight 4 ten hour days. Cuts in to my drinking money but frees my drinking time up. Still work the overnights but helps with my day drinking...
Welcome back shit head.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Welcome back Bubblez. Drinking time vs drinking money. Life`s not fair
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Bubblez wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:46 am
Looking forward to being back in your medieval dungeon on Skype! Say hi to your pug for me. Chin chin!
Okole maluna!

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

oettinger wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:43 am
That`s some serious self-control.
I start counting after I had 14 for breakfest
Yeah, it's a bit of a hassle. But, I put it to the test last Thursday while camping. 11 standard drinks (2 schooners, 1 stubby & 8 cans of beer, 1 shot of bourbon & 1 of whisky). That means 7 days off, so nothing until Friday. It was worth it though to be able to not bother for an evening. Barely even any hangover as I drank most of it before dinner, so was able to process it before going to sleep. Still, 4 a day is better than 11 one day then nothing for a week. I think best pattern is 4 per night Wed-Sat, then 6 on Sun & have Mon-Tues off.