Cockney Rhyming Slang

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Cockney Rhyming Slang

Post by Lush City »

Have known a couple of working class expats from the UK at my local pub here in LA for years. From time to time I've learned their slang from them as they played gags on me. Here's something I said to them last time I saw them.

"It's good to see you gentlemen here at the local rub a dub (pub), perhaps we can put our bees and honey (money) together, no weep and wail from you (beggar's tale) and we can have a gay and hearty (party) with many a tumble down the sink (drink). Be advised no iron hoof (puff) will be allowed".

Had them in stiches!

I want to hear some British drunks educate us all some more on this.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Cockney Rhyming Slang

Post by benitobeast69 »

it's a cockney thing so more my wifes neck of the woods....her old man always asks me for a Nelson Mandela when he arrived at our house...took me a second to realise he meant a Stella.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Cockney Rhyming Slang

Post by oettinger »

I think cockney is fine, liverpool, newcastle and manchester suck so hard
Drink!