Health and well being maintenance for drunks: supplements, medicine, lifestyle etc.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

oldsmartskunk
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Health and well being maintenance for drunks: supplements, medicine, lifestyle etc.

Post by oldsmartskunk »

Hello fellow drunkards,
It just occurred to me - we're not getting any younger (only more awesome). As a booze hound you're bound to aquire certain health condition. So in order to prolong our party, here's a list of certain things that can help you:
Fatty liver - most of us have that. It's actually easy easy to get rid off. Choline bitartrate - one supplement to help with both fatty liver and your lipids.
High cholesterol - it's not 3am bacon, it's mostly booze. Well, bacon too to some extent. Fish oil - will definitely help you. Use it year round.
Insomnia and bad sleep in general. Passing out is manly, sleeping is gay. I drunkenly came up with that and i'm proud of it. Still, magnesium goes a long way to improve your sleep and general well being. You can add L-theanine and melatonin into the mix to get better results.
Let's get physical
That is a must to maintain your drinking lifestyle. Some form of physical exercise will do wonders for your mood, longevity and drinking capacity. It can be anything - garden work, walking, running, running from the cops naked or even weightlifting. Anything will do.

I'll be sure to update this more. Pitch in people, we have to preserve this small,but amazing community. Stay drunk, stay healthy, cheers!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Health and well being maintenance for drunks: supplements, medicine, lifestyle etc.

Post by scream ale »

So now he's the oldhealthconsciousskunk?

oldsmartskunk
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Health and well being maintenance for drunks: supplements, medicine, lifestyle etc.

Post by oldsmartskunk »

Drinking for 2 weeks straight, ha.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Aren't we supposeta eat more eggs for better liver health? I can come up with numerous egg recipes.
Okole maluna!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

My liver ain't fat, it's just big boned. Seriously though just eat your broccoli, beans, berries and nuts and you can drink all you want. Probably.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

My liver is so swollen it's noticeable in my upper abdomen. However, I think it's come down a bit since I cut down on whiskey. Previously I could only get one piece of chicken down with my salad. Now I can get two. Maybe my liver isn't pressing on my stomach anymore.

I take a multivitamin and exercise five days per week. The exercise not only helps physically, but lifts you up mentally too. I exercise outdoors in a park, not some dank gym with a bunch of narcissistic lunkheads.

And water, water, water to dilute the toxins and flush them out. I think my longest bender was 22 days and my brain was mush. Bukowski said after he turned 52 he could not string together more than 2 or 3 drunks in a row before he would get suicidally depressed.

The guy I used to live next to drank boxed wine every day all day long for years and never got sick/depressed from it. However, it did burn a hole in his esophagus. He never exercised, never took supplements. Ate his own homecooked stinky food in his filthy apartment.

oldsmartskunk
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by oldsmartskunk »

Hugh, enlarged liver is a sign you should lay off from booze for a bit.
Definitely take some N-acetyl cysteine (NAC). It's cheap and proven to be effective. Also, some choline bitartrate. Liver is called liver for a reason. It can recover.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Yeah, that colon butterface seems like a good idea.

This is actually a great call to action. I’ve needed to start exercising for a while now. Goddamn old smart skunk was the kick in the ass that I needed.

Children, may we drink forever!
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:49 am
I’ve needed to start exercising for a while now. Goddamn old smart skunk was the kick in the ass that I needed.
Seriously? The guy who gave us the daily jizz thread? Exercise may be the least of your worries.

Are you sure it's your liver Hugh? Maybe it's just a parasitic twin.

oldsmartskunk
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by oldsmartskunk »

scream ale wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:20 am
Rye and Coke wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:49 am
I’ve needed to start exercising for a while now. Goddamn old smart skunk was the kick in the ass that I needed.
Seriously? The guy who gave us the daily jizz thread? Exercise may be the least of your worries.
You're welcome!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Masturbate furiously to get your cardio in.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Thompson
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Thompson »

Let me ask you Hugh, do you wear an exercise outfit when you work out at the park? Those spandex pants and bike helmet? What about socks, do they match and look smart? Do you drink tap water or only drink pure spring water from the health food store? And give us the lowdown on your excercise routine. Jumping jacks? Deep knee bends? Do you run in place or jog around the park? Can we come watch you work out, Hugh?
“Talk is cheap, whiskey costs money.” — Harry Caray

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Thompson wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:33 pm
Let me ask you Hugh, do you wear an exercise outfit when you work out at the park? Those spandex pants and bike helmet? What about socks, do they match and look smart? Do you drink tap water or only drink pure spring water from the health food store? And give us the lowdown on your excercise routine. Jumping jacks? Deep knee bends? Do you run in place or jog around the park? Can we come watch you work out, Hugh?
Mmmm I wanna picture Hugh in an exercise outfit. Like those leotard onesies from the 80's with the leg warmers.

Okole maluna!

oldsmartskunk
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by oldsmartskunk »

Hell yeah!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

I was seeing a girl who wore leg warmers to a party in 2017...

Red flag if there ever was one.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.