Drugs are bad mmmmkay

This is where you let you can let it all hang out.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, One for the Frog, Frankennietzsche

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Drugs are bad mmmmkay

Post by mistah willies »

Intoxicants, intoxication, these are a few of my favorite things.

Should be a real life true story about this in that urbane spaceman thread. Hmmmm

Opened a frosty beverage as advised...

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I wonder if there`s a tobacco equivalent to MDM cough cough would be hilarious cough
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

oettinger wrote:I wonder if there`s a tobacco equivalent to MDM cough cough would be hilarious cough

I think there was a discussion about vaporizing alcohol an inhaling. But after drinking all day and finally rising out of the dust form last night and into the saddle again, I can't think of it

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

I must admit that I was shocked to discover that British Doctors are handing out over 50 million prescriptions for antidepressants every year!

Are people more depressed than they used to be?
Are drugs being used to "paper over the cracks of a fractured society?
Is modern life that stressful?
Are pharmaceutical companies pushing their products harder?
Is is just cheaper than sending a patient to a medical health professional?
Is it some combination of the above or is this just a symptom of the "generation of pampered wusses" that have grown up in and after the sixties?
Discuss.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

It`s a big cash cow that must be milked.
Docs in germany aren`t allowed to get directly paid by pharma corporations anymore, or so I heard at least. But they surely get nice little presents or invitations to medical conventions in five star hotels and stuff like that
Drink!

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

British water supplies have been shown to carry traces of cocaine.
Fortunately, I never touch the stuff, myself.
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

oldsmartskunk
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by oldsmartskunk »

Palinka wrote:I must admit that I was shocked to discover that British Doctors are handing out over 50 million prescriptions for antidepressants every year!

Are people more depressed than they used to be?
Are drugs being used to "paper over the cracks of a fractured society?
Is modern life that stressful?

Discuss.
F*** yes! I don't know how things are in other countries, but here everyone have to worry how will they pay their taxes, where will they live. There are little to no possibilities to get even half decent job if you don't have friends in "high" positions. People are reserved, homophobic, unfriendly. When you grow up(you know, get a job, begin to live on your own) you will have no friends. Literally. You will have some people you get drunk with ~5 times a year and that is it. You live from paycheck to paycheck, too tired to think about anything else, just waiting for something to happen. Usually it is death. We got highest suicide rates in the whole world even though the population here is less than 3 millions. People should get antidepressants for free here. Too pessimistic? This is how it is. At least here.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

oldsmartskunk wrote:... Too pessimistic? This is how it is. At least here.
Forgive me, but exactly where is your here my friend?

Bottles held by carrier pigeons on their way to you, need to clean them off because of pigeon business from the in-flight movie

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

mistah willies wrote:
Forgive me, but exactly where is your here my friend?...
He is from Lithuania; all the fun of buying into liberal capitalism, just as it's collapsing, coupled with a miserably oppressed past. Yay!
ドロンケン
ImageImage

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Palinka wrote:
mistah willies wrote:
Forgive me, but exactly where is your here my friend?...
He is from Lithuania; all the fun of buying into liberal capitalism, just as it's collapsing, coupled with a miserably oppressed past. Yay!
That was a funny and spot on take on things.
Now you lithuanians are introducing the euro cris... eh currency yourself. Nice to hear that, because I like travelling places without changing cash and thus I love being poor in other countries aswell. The days of my 1 million greek drachma coins are finally numbered! Do you give me a beer for this very very nice looking grey stone?

Money is a drug and too much of it weakens a persons character mmmmkay!
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

oettinger wrote:
Palinka wrote: He is from Lithuania; all the fun of buying into liberal capitalism, just as it's collapsing, coupled with a miserably oppressed past. Yay!
That was a funny and spot on take on things.
Now you lithuanians are introducing the euro cris... eh currency yourself. Nice to hear that, because I like travelling places without changing cash and thus I love being poor in other countries aswell. The days of my 1 million greek drachma coins are finally numbered! Do you give me a beer for this very very nice looking grey stone?

Money is a drug and too much of it weakens a persons character mmmmkay!
Money is scarce for this here Drunkard, and it is a tool.

TO buy More Booze!

CHeers indeed

Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Palinka wrote:I must admit that I was shocked to discover that British Doctors are handing out over 50 million prescriptions for antidepressants every year!

Discuss.
I think part of it is a lack of other resources. I have friends who have been diagnosed with depression and rather than paying for counselling they are prescribed the cheaper option of anti depressants.

I think more people are becoming depressed as the majority of people have meagre prospects. No matter how hard they work a large aspect in their success depends on their background. Also I think they have been failed by schools, education and the media and given skewed outlooks on life
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

KingoftheJuice
Tippler
Tippler

Post by KingoftheJuice »

It would be most difficult to pinpoint one cause or reason for a larger number of citizens to be prescribed meds.
1. Large Pharmaceutical companies make mucho dinero and give alot to political parties to finance their agendas
2. Its easier to treat symptoms of a problem than the root cause
3. DIfferent govt agencies get a shit load of funding from the war on drugs. and ending that would put many out of a job
4. Although there wil ALWAYS be a demand for drugs. Legalizing or decriminalizng drugs would take money out of the hands of the govt
(which incidentaly money could be spent on drug addiction treatment and prison recidivism reform for non violent drug offenders)
5. People like to get fucked up
That being said, it may be a collage of many things. A bunch of spokes in the wheel if you will.
This beer tastes like I'm not going to work tommorow.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

They aren`t that gay, only people who do them are. Sniff n cheers
Drink!

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Here's some real education about narcotics, "Out of my Head - Rik Mayall on Drugs".
ドロンケン
ImageImage