Feminism

This is where you let you can let it all hang out.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, One for the Frog, Frankennietzsche

Palinka (RIP)

Re: Feminism

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Cousin It wrote:...Wow! I sense some people don't like Babe Walker- for shame, she is hilarious. Is this a Social Justice Warrior forum?
If you cannot understand that it has nothing to do with your link, but your precursor...
Cousin It wrote: Hmmm...white girl problems...
...then you do not fit into the category of a Modern Drunkard.
This Board, as do many others, have areas which are for serious discussion and areas that are for levity.
Cousin It wrote:I'm out. Have with the victimization bullshit!
Really?!? You feel "vicimized"? After all the offensive posts that you have made?
Ohh, and blaming the booze will really get you nowhere, here.
So, if you choose to leave in a huff, remember that it is your choice (and that a taxi will get you there more quickly).
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Cousin It wrote:
GinSoakedGirl wrote:You haven't been victimised, you said something stupid and were called out on it. There's a difference.
You're a special snowflake, aren't you?

Peace out with the SJW bullshit.
Snowflakes are unique. Idiots tend to be similar.
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Screwball
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: A half foot away from a cat's nutsack. I Gotta get the DevilKat Fixed!

Post by Screwball »

Palinka wrote: Snowflakes are unique. Idiots tend to be similar.

HEY!!!

I'm an Idiot and I take offence with being grouped with that Asshole.

Did I spell offence right?

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Screwball wrote:
Palinka wrote: Snowflakes are unique. Idiots tend to be similar.

HEY!!!

I'm an Idiot and I take offence with being grouped with that Asshole.

Did I spell offence right?
My apologies. You, sir, are most definitely unique.

As for your spelling quandary, it depends entirely on your geographical location.

All the best (bitter).
Take care and plenty of strong drink.
Cheers,
Your friendly neighbourhood moderator.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

OtisCampbell
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by OtisCampbell »

A professor in my graduate level psych class announced that if a man is not a feminist, he is a masochist. I raised my hand and stated, "Shut up and make me a drink, bitch."

Or, maybe I just stayed quiet.
Pipe down, Otis!!!!

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

The Guardian's 2013 Women Awards.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

A very interesting addition to the debate, in the guise of a 10 minute short movie, from a French Feminist Filmmaker, "Oppressed Majority".
You can read about why she chose to make the film and the abuse that she received because of it, here.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

nic the chick
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by nic the chick »

Palinka wrote:A very interesting addition to the debate, in the guise of a 10 minute short movie, from a French Feminist Filmmaker, "Oppressed Majority".
You can read about why she chose to make the film and the abuse that she received because of it, here.
ddb and i have watched that film, and it was nothing less than poignant.
if a woman has not personally experienced any of what's exemplified in this project, then she has not left the house. my daughter (15) gets catcalled and hooted at when she walks down the street, and has been since she was 11. street harassment is a constant reminder that there are men out there who want to dominate her, and society brushing it off is condoning their disrespectful behavio(u)r. then comes this:
"well, i wish i got that kind of attention."
"what was she wearing?"
"she's a pretty girl. that's to be expected."
and to the jerks (many of whom are female) that make these excuses, a big "fuck you," and stay the hell out of my house.
from street harassment to shariah law to congressional attempts (some successful) at creating laws which discriminate against women, and the shitty executives who have rallied to BLOCK equal pay laws, the earth has a ton of work to do when it comes to feminism. fortunately, we have her:
http://www.biography.com/people/malala- ... i-21362253
For a forreal party, you needs to be takin a mirror off of the wall and shit.
~anonymous

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

nic the chick wrote:...my daughter (15) gets catcalled and hooted at when she walks down the street, and has been since she was 11. street harassment is a constant reminder that there are men out there who want to dominate her, and society brushing it off is condoning their disrespectful behavio(u)r...
That is truly horrible, nic. At least she has you, Dr Drink Bastard and your booze wisdom to come home to and be comforted by.

In fact, on that note, here is some disturbing food for thought.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Troubling link Palinka.
Lets try to word this in proper english.
At my former job we had a supervision practice about "sexualisierte gewalt" which would translate to sexualised violence I think.
One thing we had to do was: Go through a room and reach the next door with
- 1st, your female co-workers sexually harassing you the best they can while you walk through. No name calling but really giving everything dirty they got
- then 2nd your male co-workers doing the same

I can tell you that female thing was a cake-walk, but the male thing was really terrifying. You knew it was "acting" but it was so much more. I was ready to punch my boss after he kissed me...
Makes one to relate to victims of harassment a little bit more
Drink!

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

nic the chick wrote:...my daughter (15) gets catcalled and hooted at when she walks down the street, and has been since she was 11.
Saddens me to hear that this still goes on, and I really feel for you, and your daughter. That takes me right back to being a small boy, with my best friend at the time, and his sister (15 sounds about the right age, maybe less), and their mother. We're all walking along on our way to get ice cream, and some asshole starts talking perv talk at the sister out of his apartment window. The mother sure gave him a tongue lashing, but obviously, he felt invincible and didn't give a shit.

I'd never seen anything like that before at my young age, and wondered how anyone could possibly do that. My parents didn't raise me that way. And it was explained to me that this wasn't the first time.

It was a harsh lesson for his sister, and some of the resulting personality changes that affect a young woman who's been through that experience are awful to see. No one should have to go through that. And then they get labeled "bitchy" for the way they subsequently treat men.

Because of the way I was raised, I never had an inclination to disrespect anyone who didn't deserve it, women or men, but that lesson reinforced some things for me.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

If you thought that the Bic, "...For Her" pen was sexist (and many do), then check out these awful products that are chasing the female £, €, ¥, $ etc.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Palinka wrote:If you thought that the Bic, "...For Her" pen was sexist (and many do), then check out these awful products that are chasing the female £, €, ¥, $ etc.
Now waittaminit. I use each of those items, especially them tampon drink holders. These are for women only? Segregation! Diminuitivitiousnessitationism! DRINKs!

(see how I turned it around?)

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

mistah willies wrote:Now waittaminit. I use each of those items, especially them tampon drink holders.
We shall never speak of this again. Your secret is safe with me, and the entirety of the Internets.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

booznik wrote:
mistah willies wrote:Now waittaminit. I use each of those items, especially them tampon drink holders.
We shall never speak of this again. Your secret is safe with me, and the entirety of the Internets.

Perhaps the fairer gender has a better drinking experience from them. I know I would. From them...