Feminism

This is where you let you can let it all hang out.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, One for the Frog, Frankennietzsche

Palinka (RIP)

Re: Feminism

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Mr. Viking wrote:
Resident Asshole wrote:A bunch of misogynist crap that really isn't worth repeating
I'm sorry, but men have been making the decisions for a long time. Why should we make the decision on this again? I know women who had to leave my country so they could abort a child that they did not want to or could not carry. It is unfair for anybody except them to decide that they should have to spend money to go to another country for what is already a stressful procedure.
This man has it right and will be bought several large drinks by me when we meet
Resident Asshole wrote:Well you should probably learn how to spell apostrophe before you go around correcting people's writing...
And my apologies for a typo; you see, I occasionally drink alcohol (your error was, be honest, ignorance)
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

Mr. Viking wrote:
Resident Asshole wrote:Becoming more free to have abortions does not empower women. Teaching men what love is and not needing so many abortions does.

Letting a man makes the decisions does not make you a lesser person.
I'm sorry, but men have been making the decisions for a long time. Why should we make the decision on this again? I know women who had to leave my country so they could abort a child that they did not want to or could not carry. It is unfair for anybody except them to decide that they should have to spend money to go to another country for what is already a stressful procedure.
A thousand times yes, and a thousand pints of your choice for saying it.

RA - perhaps you are under the common misapprehension that many women choose to have abortions as a form of contraception. Perhaps some do, but I have never known a single one. Abortion always results in tears and pain. I have known (and sometimes accompanied them to the clinic) women and girls have abortions for all sorts of reasons. Usually that reason is 'mistake', sometimes it is failed contraception, sometimes as a result of ignorance (I grew up and now teach in a less advantaged area, and despite the sex ed. we give, the myths and superstitions still prevail), on two harrowing occasions I have seen it required as a result of rape (despite what Todd Akin may believe) and a case of abuse by a family member. The end result was always the same - tears and pain. Abortion is not a decision taken with whoops of laughter, but seeing as she will be the one to carry a baby for nine months, squeeze it out of a ridiculously small aperture, face the stigma of being a teenage mother if she's young enough and then inevitably be the one to make the most radical changes to her life afterwards, I have never known them to regret it. Of COURSE abortion empowers women as it allows her the choice of how to run HER life. Surely it is better to allow women and girls this choice then force them into the position of having to raise a child they never wanted in the first place? Should I ever be in the position of needing to consider an abortion I would obviously talk to my husband about it and consider his feelings, but the decision would ultimately be mine. Sorry, but my body, my rules. Why should a man, who would not have their life so radically altered, be the one to choose this? It's not an easy choice, but it IS a choice that women should be entitled to make.

I suppose the issue - the WHOLE feminist issue - is would you feel less of a person if someone else made all of your decisions for you?
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

"Every time you don't get loaded, the terrorists win." - massivedrunk

WWDJFD?

l...
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by l... »

what Laura said. and I would like to elaborate on her statement..but I don't want to hear my wife will kick your ass statements.
i'm 39, never been pregnant. but i'll be damn sure that I will fight for my rights to own my own body.
get your penis lopped off. that'll solve more than you know. quit blaming the women for being 'easy'...blame yourselves for being self appointed as the most self righteous men to think that women want you, and this is just a side project. man...wow. DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT WOMEN LIKE YOU LOOKING LIKE AN OIL DRILL ON THEIR VAGINA? in that case, carry on.
That's what I call Drunkard justice. I hate prisses like that. They're mincing their way through life when they should be marching. ~fkr.

I wish i could find me a woman who drinks!~ruiner..on lack of women drinkers.

Fabricsoftner
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Fabricsoftner »

Resident Asshole wrote: Women should stop spreading their legs in the interest of "empowerment" and do the opposite, but for the same reason.
And what, in the first place, is the issue with women "spreading their legs"? Whether sex is done in the name of empowerment, love or, is simply a one night stand, should make no difference. Both men and women should fuck who they want to fuck for reasons they see fit. How in the hell does increased chastity make a woman any more empowered than if she's with a different person (male or female) every night? Is it the lack of a sex life that somehow makes her more pure/noble? The implication is that a woman who sleeps around, a woman of "loose-morals" is a slut; that promiscuity makes a woman a whore, and a second class citizen, which is udder misogynistic bullshit.
<@Riddeford> lying on the ground laughing then going to get drunk on a pier. isn't what was fabric was born to do?

<apE> if theyd spend half as much time drinking as they do bitching, itd all be good

<@Fabric> Pint: why do I feel like shit?
<%pint> Fabric: people

<@fiyah> you're unemployed and drunk, you have no standards

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Fabricsoftner wrote:And what, in the first place, is the issue with women "spreading their legs"? Whether sex is done in the name of empowerment, love or, is simply a one night stand, should make no difference. Both men and women should fuck who they want to fuck for reasons they see fit. How in the hell does increased chastity make a woman any more empowered than if she's with a different person (male or female) every night? Is it the lack of a sex life that somehow makes her more pure/noble? The implication is that a woman who sleeps around, a woman of "loose-morals" is a slut; that promiscuity makes a woman a whore, and a second class citizen, which is udder misogynistic bullshit.
I think that's the point I meant to make
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Just out of interest, RA; would you "allow" your wife to post here, without your "supervision"? If so, let's hear from her (once you've made that decision for her, of course).
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

Another excellent point, well said Fabricsoftner.

RA - I don't really understand why you're placing a moral value on any sexual acts at all - be they gay or straight or between male or females. If two people consent (and that I'm afraid is another decision a man cannot make for a woman - sorry about that), then what is morally wrong with it providing they are hurting no-one else? I assume that you are advocating no sex outside marriage and I dearly hope that you have only ever had sex with your wife. Because otherwise that might smack somewhat of hypocrisy, no?
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

WWDJFD?

Screwball
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: A half foot away from a cat's nutsack. I Gotta get the DevilKat Fixed!

Post by Screwball »

I just wonder if RA is one of those christians. All of them I know like to keep their women folks barefoot and pregnant.

When us Atheist partner up like I did 24+ years with my girlfriend we tend to share everything 50/50. Yesterday was her day to spread the Evil of being a peaceful, caring, Hippie Liberal. Today is my turn.

To all in the MDM world: Even if I think you are a right wing christian moran(I didn't know it was spelled that way until I saw it on a teabaggers sign),using your form of "religion" to promote Hate, Racism, Anti-Women views, Anti-Poor views, Anti-Drugs views, Anti-Union views, Anti-Global Warming views, and Anti-Environment views.....

I wish you Peace and Love.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

It seems that Mrs RA won't be allowed to speak with us (maybe she hasn't learned her lines well enough)...

Meanwhile, here is a list of articles that may be of interest.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Fabricsoftner
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Fabricsoftner »

Alcoholism and Egalitarianism have always gone hand in hand for me.

Cheers to you revolutionaries.
<@Riddeford> lying on the ground laughing then going to get drunk on a pier. isn't what was fabric was born to do?

<apE> if theyd spend half as much time drinking as they do bitching, itd all be good

<@Fabric> Pint: why do I feel like shit?
<%pint> Fabric: people

<@fiyah> you're unemployed and drunk, you have no standards

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

The straightman is always the funniest. You fuckers ran with it! Cheers!
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

Yes, something of an overreaction seeing as sexism is usually so difficult to find on the internet!

WWDJFD?

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

GinSoakedGirl wrote:Yes, something of an overreaction seeing as sexism is usually so difficult to find on the internet!
There's sexism on the internet...? Where?
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

peetie44 wrote:There's sexism on the internet...? Where?
Where to start? Well, here is some (albeit mocked in advance). If you want more, how about the numerous threats of rape and mutilation sent to any woman with a high enough 'net profile (or just have a quick peek at the misogynistic horror that is "Twitter")? Or have a look at the "comments" left for this article.

Or, y'know, any of RA's posts on this thread...
ドロンケン
ImageImage

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Palinka wrote:
peetie44 wrote:There's sexism on the internet...? Where?
Where to start? Well, here is some (albeit mocked in advance). If you want more, how about the numerous threats of rape and mutilation sent to any woman with a high enough 'net profile (or just have a quick peek at the misogynistic horror that is "Twitter")? Or have a look at the "comments" left for this article.

Or, y'know, any of RA's posts on this thread...
My facetiousness got the better of you, eh?
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be