American History - A Future Chapter

This is where you let you can let it all hang out.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, One for the Frog, Frankennietzsche

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

American History - A Future Chapter

Post by NYDingbat »

Senator Ted Cruz and others, are filibustering against the horror that will be Obamacare. It is a wonderful thing to see we the people and some honorable representatives are upholding our Constitution and spitting in the eye of the tyranny those in the administration wish to impose on us. Fuck you, Marxists. You shall not defeat us.
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: American History - A Future Chapter

Post by GSG »

Well I'm getting that you're not in favour, but why would it be a horror?
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

"Every time you don't get loaded, the terrorists win." - massivedrunk

WWDJFD?

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

Maybe it's because I've born into such oppression that I don't really feel the dread of my situation.

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

I'm at a computer now rather than arsing about on my phone, so I've got a few questions.

1) What are the horrors inherent in universal healthcare? As Bur said, perhaps we who have grown up with it and benefited enormously from it are suffering from a weird form of Stockholm Syndrome, but I really don't see where the horror lies.
2) How are they holding up the constitution? This isn't me being uppity by the way - I genuinely don't know because I don't know enough about your political system.
3) How is trying to campaign for something you believe to be a good thing tyrannical? Or even if you're doing it for cynical reasons? Presumably if the majority of people disagree with it, it won't get through.
4) How has this got anything to do with Marxists?

I appreciate that you disagree with universal healthcare, but I do think you may be being somewhat hyperbolic...
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

"Every time you don't get loaded, the terrorists win." - massivedrunk

WWDJFD?

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

I have a friend (yes, I actually do) that works for Humana. I was conversing with him at the German-American Oktoberfest. He is not a Liberal. He said that this "Obamacare" will make Humana more money. That doesn't sound like Marxism to me.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Fabricsoftner
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Fabricsoftner »

I'd love to hear an explanation on how "Obamacare" is in any way Marxist
<@Riddeford> lying on the ground laughing then going to get drunk on a pier. isn't what was fabric was born to do?

<apE> if theyd spend half as much time drinking as they do bitching, itd all be good

<@Fabric> Pint: why do I feel like shit?
<%pint> Fabric: people

<@fiyah> you're unemployed and drunk, you have no standards

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

frankennietzsche, whilst I do appreciate the humour of your post, may I suggest that, in this case, it's probably better to invoke...

...no?
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Screwball
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: A half foot away from a cat's nutsack. I Gotta get the DevilKat Fixed!

Post by Screwball »

I'm just gonna say that this Marxist wishes NYDingbat a long healthy life.

Peace and Love.

Screwball
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: A half foot away from a cat's nutsack. I Gotta get the DevilKat Fixed!

Post by Screwball »

Oh..... and teddy cruz is a Cunt. Not a good Vagina but a TREASONOUS CUNT!!!

But I hope he or someone in his family doesn't have to deal with any illness like my family had to this year.

Peace and Love.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Screwball wrote:Oh..... and teddy cruz....
He does seem to resemble a famous villian...

Ted Cruz

Richard III

The resemblance is such that one could easily confuse them...
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

One for the Frog

Post by One for the Frog »

Whah, I had the joy to experience marxism and the egalite that lurks within :D

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Here's another version (off topic but relevant).
ドロンケン
ImageImage

greygoose1
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by greygoose1 »

"The horror........the horror......"
(quote from 'Marlon Brando's character in 'Apocalypse Now' for those who haven't seen it)

Tyranny? If that tyranny means a single mother can get basic healthcare for her kid instead of using the ER as a doctor's office (which drives up the cost of healthcare even more; because, despite their benevolent facade, hospitals are businesses. To whit, that $600 visit to the ER for a kid that ends up getting an rx for $0.50 worth of ampicillin gets passed on to those who have insurance.), then put that yoke of tyranny on me.

As for Ted Cooze, it's he and his ilk that hobbled the U.S. economy to the tune of $20-24 billion during the shutdown. Yeah, a true American patriot.

Current Tea Party jingoistic slogan - "don't tread on me"
Tea Party desperation slogan come mid-term elections - "hey wait, don't shit on me!"

Don't tread on me? Using a military (US Navy to be specific) flag for your punchline is a disgrace. You'd do well to remember that every time you see a vet in their bdu's at your local; they went to war for this country, losing limb and sometimes life. They may not have agreed with the dimwit-in-charge (George Bush) as far as the reasoning, but they went anyway. Oh, and that horror of a war in Iraq (which has gained the U.S. nothing - literally - nothing), cost the U.S. appx. $1.7 trillion ( http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/ ... PG20130314). And that's just Iraq.

I wonder what branch of the service Ted Cruz was enlisted in
"...there's no app for a bourbon buzz on a warm day in a cool, dark bar. The world will always want a drink".
~Gillian Flynn

'Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right'
~Isaac Asimov

A person can work up a mean, mean thirst
after a hard day of doing nothing much at all...
~The Replacements

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

The greatest fear of the right is that Obama's version of Romneycare will work. The law as it is helps corporations and encourages personal responsibility, things the GOP should in theory be in favor of. However, it was implemented by a darky, so it's automatically bad. When the main opponents of your ideas are old, white racists, you should feel good about yourself.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me