NFL; Racism and Homophobia

This is where you let you can let it all hang out.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, One for the Frog, Frankennietzsche

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

NFL; Racism and Homophobia

Post by Oggar »

In light of the Incognito debacle. First, aside from opening with a racial epithet, I'm pretty sure I've left some of you worse messages than that.

Obviously the NFL locker room is a different place than a standard office. I think there is some precedent for the players to believe that it is exempted from the rules and mores of regular society and I think, to some degree, the NFL has made them comfortable in believing that. But everyone is acting like this is from some bygone and almost unimaginably barbaric past. Incognito is suspended indefinitely for these comments but the league has ignored homophobic comments for years, and continues to use a racial epithet as a team name!
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: NFL; Racism and Homophobia

Post by peetie44 »

Sign on the wall of virtually every NFL locker room...

What's seen here
What's heard here
What happens here
Stays here
When you leave here
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Oggar wrote:In light of the Incognito debacle.
I am not sure what this is referencing. Do you have an article/link that would explain, please?
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

frankennietzsche wrote:
Oggar wrote:In light of the Incognito debacle.
I am not sure what this is referencing. Do you have an article/link that would explain, please?
"Offensive Lineman" is right.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

I like how Incognito's teammates basically said if he was guilty of bullying they all were.

DING DING we have a winner!
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Continuing on with this sad tale...

The word "Bullying" has its place as a description of mean and even vicious intent in the school, in the workplace and in life in general.

Now, not in anyway excusing such behavior, it simply must be understood that in order to make it to the highest level in professional sports; to play in the big league, then a player will need to have fierce aggression and the fight mentality instead of the flight/escape mode.

Should we expect political diplomacy in the locker room? Should we expect politicians to be priests? Should we expect priests to be celibate?

When you play the game, then familiarize yourself with the rules, or don't play.

Thoughts?

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I`m too drunk to elaborate my thoughts.
But I will have to say: What a bunch of assholes.
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

oettinger wrote:...I will have to say: What a bunch of assholes.
There you go. Indeed.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

My comment on this topic is an objection against the term 'homophobic'. Because certain individuals have a moral response toward homosexuality which should not make them public enemies. Unfortunately this is the brainwashed path the mainstream media provides to its ready consumers. This is a hate term and denies religious and moral expression. So when ESPN goes to extra lengths to cover the aspiring NFL player who has 'come out' as some sort of hero really makes a lot of people sick. Here we have a minority of individuals forcing there values down the throat of the masses at large and we are led to believe that anyone who objects is sick. This is tyranny and mind control. But it's too late since this crap has gotten into the school systems and the youth now will definitely check it out. Sorry if you find this offensive but that's your problem.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Bur

Post by Bur »

Lush City wrote:My comment on this topic is an objection against the term 'homophobic'. Because certain individuals have a moral response toward homosexuality which should not make them public enemies. Unfortunately this is the brainwashed path the mainstream media provides to its ready consumers. This is a hate term and denies religious and moral expression. So when ESPN goes to extra lengths to cover the aspiring NFL player who has 'come out' as some sort of hero really makes a lot of people sick. Here we have a minority of individuals forcing there values down the throat of the masses at large and we are led to believe that anyone who objects is sick. This is tyranny and mind control. But it's too late since this crap has gotten into the school systems and the youth now will definitely check it out. Sorry if you find this offensive but that's your problem.
I generally find very little offensive, but I feel very strongly about the matter when this sort of point is made. Will/might make point of why later on.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I`m too drunk to get it, but let gays be gay religions be religoins, don`t step on my yard and we`re fine.
Drink!

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

I don't think your belief in the supernatural should protect you from being called out when you're deciding to discriminate against people who aren't hurting anyone. 'It's my religion' should not be a valid shield. Believe in whatever you like with no evidence, but when you're applying it to how other people should behave then you're just being an enormous arse. I have yet to hear one valid, logical argument against homosexuality. 'God says it's wrong' and 'it sickens me' are the worst. I feel physically sick watching people eat raw tomatoes but that's a pretty pathetic reason to insist that it isn't done.
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

"Every time you don't get loaded, the terrorists win." - massivedrunk

WWDJFD?

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

Oh, and finding the word homophobic offensive smacks rather of 'poor me, people are oppressing my right to be oppressive'.
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

"Every time you don't get loaded, the terrorists win." - massivedrunk

WWDJFD?

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Lot of folks terrorizing others out there, due to their own religiosity.

Like, suicide bombers and shit.

Pick a target to hate on.

It's the low hanging fruit of mentality.

Or,

fucking DRINK!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

mistah willies wrote:Lot of folks terrorizing others out there, due to their own religiosity.

Like, suicide bombers and shit.

Pick a target to hate on.

It's the low hanging fruit of mentality.

Or,

fucking DRINK!
Yep, do it people!
Drink!