"Rally Against Alcohol"

This is where you let you can let it all hang out.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, One for the Frog, Frankennietzsche

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

"Rally Against Alcohol"

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

It appears that a group of Muslims are holding a "Rally Against Alcohol" in East London this Friday the 13th - yes, Friday the 13th. I'm aware that Friday is a holy day in Islam, but I'm also well aware of the western superstition. I can't help but have a chuckle at the thought of an anti-alcohol protest on the streets as buses go past with beer adverts on their sides.

This is disappointing, but hardly surprising since it is being promoted by Anjem Choudary, a very strange hardline character who I believe has rather limited support from British Muslims.

What's even more strange is that he wasn't always anti-alcohol. These photos are supposedly taken from his time as a university student. Maybe he just couldn't hold his drink?

Palinka (RIP)

Re: "Rally Against Alcohol"

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

On the one hand, I think that everyone is allowed to change their minds (how many deathbed former "agnostics" have taken a Roman Catholic, or other religious, blessing?) On the other hand, I think that denouncing alcohol for everyone is totally wrong.
If you don't want to drink booze, fine (more for me). However, since I will not try to make you drink, kindly refrain from preventing me from having a few drinks.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

How old is the guy that is organizing this? If he's over 60 he's like the majority of the goody two shoes drys. Hell raisers back in the day, but trudging ever closer to death, they feel the need to "get right with God/Allah/Higher Power". In doing so they have sworn off all "evils" such as booze. Why not? They've had their fun but from here forward fun ends. For everyone. Twisted bunch of fucking hypocrites.

My father-in-law is one and he's a twat. God forbid i order a beer with a meal while dining out and the Heaven's will crash if I have a second one. Screw him. I love the look on his face when I ask our server for the third. Withered old shit's eyes nearly fall out of his head as he stutters and stammers his tut tuts. He can't string two intelligible syllables together but I'm drunk?

Shane you and your pub mates should go to that rally as drunk as Lords!
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

Patchez, I'd have made a passing appearance if I lived closer to London!

Here's an update. Low turnout and some great waffle about Allah. If Al-Qādir exists at all, he is probably drinking heavily to relieve himself of the shame that comes with fools like Choudary using his name.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

...they were all yelling for the snackbar...
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:...they were all yelling for the snackbar...
No. That was the "Legalise Cannabis" brigade,
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage