MADD at it again in Connecticut

This is where you let you can let it all hang out.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, One for the Frog, Frankennietzsche

WildDamnTurkey
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

MADD at it again in Connecticut

Post by WildDamnTurkey »

CT is one of few states where there's no law against passengers drinking in a motor vehicle as long as the driver isn't. MADD is using a grieving parent of someone who was killed by a drunk driver [again] to further their agenda.

Sponsoring the bill: Rep. Mitch Bolinsky, R-Newtown

http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut ... story.html

Nightclub Jitters
Souse
Souse

Re: MADD at it again in Connecticut

Post by Nightclub Jitters »

Oh, this I can whine about. The really sad thing is that probably 80% of Connecticut residents either don't know or refuse to believe they can legally drink in the car if they are the passenger. Every time I mention this law (or lack thereof) I get incredulous stares or awkward laughter. I say keep roadie drinks alive!
Jerry Horne: "Sweetheart, I'd like to order two drinks: one double scotch on the rocks, and my brother would like a double scotch on the rocks."

Waitress at One Eyed Jacks: "...That's two double scotch on the rocks?"

Jerry Horne: "Next stop, rocket science."

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Up heah in what is currently known as the "state of Maine" it was legal for everyone to be drinking in a moving vehicle as long as the driver was not caught with a drink in hand when pulled over.

A few years ago, that change. Now you have to place all of your open containers behind the last seat, into the cargo area, or through the rear seat into the trunk, or booty, for those of you who like to put things there.

It takes a lot of skill to do this if you are the only one in the vehicle, because you have to do this before stopping.

Then again, MDM does not approve of putting anyone else in danger from your drinking. This includes never drinking and driving. Do either one at a time, and do it very, very well.

However, fuck the MADD egotists who think they know what's best for others. They took a good cause and abused it for their own nefarious purposes.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

mistah willies wrote: A few years ago, that change. Now you have to place all of your open containers behind the last seat, into the cargo area, or through the rear seat into the trunk, or booty, for those of you who like to put things there.
That is pure absurdity. Would they try something like that in germany we would put our authorities in some psychiatry and throw the keys away. Wait, We should do that regardless.
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

oettinger wrote:
mistah willies wrote: A few years ago, that change. Now you have to place all of your open containers behind the last seat, into the cargo area, or through the rear seat into the trunk, or booty, for those of you who like to put things there.
That is pure absurdity. Would they try something like that in germany we would put our authorities in some psychiatry and throw the keys away. Wait, We should do that regardless.
Are we talking about stuffing things in the boot, or are we talking about letting the automobile continue on along its trajectory, as we crawl over all of the seats and stuff our open containers in the far away place of the vehicle?

However, either is very bad.

Let us instead chat about that MADD insanity. They probably do, indeed, take it up the booty
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

mistah willies wrote:
oettinger wrote:
Are we talking about stuffing things in the boot, or are we talking about letting the automobile continue on along its trajectory, as we crawl over all of the seats and stuff our open containers in the far away place of the vehicle?

However, either is very bad.

Let us instead chat about that MADD insanity. They probably do, indeed, take it up the booty
We are talking bout drinking in the passenger seat. Hey if I wanted to I would shoot up some H while being the co-pilot
Drink!

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

oettinger wrote:...Hey if I wanted to I would shoot up some H while being the co-pilot
Is that why you were flailing around while I was driving you back to the airport? Shooting up some Hoff?

"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Nightclub Jitters
Souse
Souse

Post by Nightclub Jitters »

I wonder if my girlfriend will be magnanimous enough to let me transform the glove box of her car into an elegant mini bar before this nonsense goes into effect. For carpool trips only, of course.
Jerry Horne: "Sweetheart, I'd like to order two drinks: one double scotch on the rocks, and my brother would like a double scotch on the rocks."

Waitress at One Eyed Jacks: "...That's two double scotch on the rocks?"

Jerry Horne: "Next stop, rocket science."