RIP to a great judge

This is where you let you can let it all hang out.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, One for the Frog, Frankennietzsche

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

RIP to a great judge

Post by givemesomepils » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:25 pm

well there was this judge in my county the only one I have ever had for my idk 4 or 5 cases. 1 was dropped because the police didn't keep the evidence (1 g of high quality dro). another was a marijuana charge and a controlled substance charge (10mg hydrocodone pills) when I was 17. he gave me a year of defered judification probation meaning if i did it it wouldn't show up on my record. while I was on probation I got evicted from a house I was staying at at 19 so I decided I would park at a parking lot and take a bunch of pills and smoke to blow off steam, anyway it ended with me getting a dui and another controlled substance charge, and i was still on probation, anyway instead of sending me to jail for that this judge let me try having another year on probation, which I could no longer pay for because I quit my job. So that's why I went to jail, and the same judge gave me only 45 days instead of a year or 6 months, and I only did 17 days because of good behavior. anyway he died recently and i think he was one of the few parts of the us justice system that was fair.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." hunter s. thompson god rest his soul

oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Re: RIP to a great judge

Post by oettinger » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:38 am

There are judges in germany that are fair aswell. Far and between.
You get in real trouble during revision hearings (right term????) because, just like cops, they are hesitant to "over turn" a colleague and tell him he/she was flatout wrong.
Sad to hear and watch out from now on, ok?
I just really like the taste of alcohol

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: RIP to a great judge

Post by givemesomepils » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:44 am

oettinger wrote:There are judges in germany that are fair aswell. Far and between.
You get in real trouble during revision hearings (right term????) because, just like cops, they are hesitant to "over turn" a colleague and tell him he/she was flatout wrong.
Sad to hear and watch out from now on, ok?
I don't plan on getting into legal trouble, I have changed a lot since I was 19 when I got my very last charge. I just went on the run for like a year or so.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." hunter s. thompson god rest his soul