We Are All "Frackable" Now!

This is where you let you can let it all hang out.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, One for the Frog, Frankennietzsche

Palinka (RIP)

We Are All "Frackable" Now!

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Here is an interesting article about the future of Capatalism, and how we show all expect to get shafted, even more so than we are currently.

Your comments, will, as always, be interesting, illuminating and gratefully received...
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: We Are All "Frackable" Now!

Post by oettinger »

I don`t know if I understood everything the autor said, but the headline "Future of capitalism" is an oxymoron in itself.
The neocons are behind the scenes for a long time now planing what`s going to happen after the system crashes big time. Southern europe is only the testbed. Next up: us. The idea to abandon cash altogether points in that direction, just look at what they did in cyprus with the bank accounts (you might say: They only cut money off from accounts 100000 upwards or some figure like that). But still, that might one day happend to the 500 bucks you got left on your account.

What I also think is utterly hilarious is how people use some apps monitoring their physical condition. What do they think happens with said data? While you are young it might be a cool tool to toy with but that can quickly backfire on you. Just wait for the sudden raise from your health-insurance on day.
Same goes for these lets call em "trackers" every new car in the EU has to be prepared with from 2016 or 17 on. They can promise you all shit all day about safety, confidentiality and shit, this data can certainly be used to monitor your driving habits, i.e. how fast, how often you drive. Or say: he is visiting a certain doctor the third time this week, hits the liquor store every other day etc. Insurance companys will more than willingly pay a lot of money for this info and will charge you accordingly...
Drink!

Rev. Dead Corpse
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Rev. Dead Corpse »

We haven't been a fully Capitalist nation here in the US for a while now and our use of capitalism decreases every legislative session.

The number of problems we deal with goes up proportionately as well...

Maybe a return to a more laisse-faire system would fix all that.

Nah... Too simple and doesn't employ enough bureaucrats....
<insert something profound here>

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

My health insurance company wants to play games.
I irgnored their yearly letter about my income, cause, you know nothing changed, and it`s all robots doing this anyway.
Now I got a letter that says: For not answering you earn the highest we can estimate, that is 4500 per month! Your monthly payments are from now on 750 bucks!
Answer us and tell us what u make and all will be fine.

Is this the freaking mafia?

They got a letter now, with estimated earning of 13 cents. Per year.
Drink!

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Rev. Dead Corpse wrote:We haven't been a fully Capitalist nation here in the US for a while now and our use of capitalism decreases every legislative session.

The number of problems we deal with goes up proportionately as well...

Maybe a return to a more laisse-faire system would fix all that.

Nah... Too simple and doesn't employ enough bureaucrats....
it's easy to ignore problems that don't directly affect you. In economics they are called externalities. For example the disproportionate risk from driving. We imagine it is less than it truly is, so, without intervention would pay less than the true cost of driving

These are difficult issues to get a grip on, and it seems like a problem jumping from nowhere, but it isn't, it is a matter of facing up to responsibilities that have been ignored
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Mr. Viking wrote:These are difficult issues to get a grip on, and it seems like a problem jumping from nowhere, but it isn't, it is a matter of facing up to responsibilities that have been ignored
Two words: Junk Food

Does that fit your example?
Drink!