Thoughts On Trump and The Freak Show That Surrounds Him?

This is where you let you can let it all hang out.

Moderators: Badfellow, One for the Frog, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, oettinger, Oggar, Frankennietzsche

Post Reply
User avatar
Rye and Coke
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Posts: 191
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:43 pm
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Re: Thoughts On Trump and The Freak Show That Surrounds Him?

Post by Rye and Coke » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:10 pm

I live in D.C., and I'm dead to politics...
"I feel sorry for people who don’t drink or do drugs. Because someday they’re going to be in a hospital bed, dying, and they won’t know why." - Redd Foxx

User avatar
Nausea
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Posts: 1036
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Thoughts On Trump and The Freak Show That Surrounds Him?

Post by Nausea » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:47 pm

Rye and Coke wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:10 pm
I live in D.C., and I'm dead to politics...
I disagree.
Oh God, my grandmother would kill me.

User avatar
Lush City
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski
Posts: 4002
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:55 pm
Location: Nearest tiki lounge

Re: Thoughts On Trump and The Freak Show That Surrounds Him?

Post by Lush City » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:42 pm

Rye and Coke wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:10 pm
I live in D.C., and I'm dead to politics...
You suffer higher rent prices than California. You must be making good money. I don't want to know what you do.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.
Image

User avatar
Rye and Coke
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Posts: 191
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:43 pm
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Re: Thoughts On Trump and The Freak Show That Surrounds Him?

Post by Rye and Coke » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:41 pm

Lush City wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:42 pm
Rye and Coke wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:10 pm
I live in D.C., and I'm dead to politics...
You suffer higher rent prices than California. You must be making good money. I don't want to know what you do.
My bad, I live in the D.C. area; just outside actually.
But yeah, property prices are ridiculous and traffic is even worse. I have no idea why someone would choose to come here and stay. I was born here, I have an excuse.
Nausea wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:47 pm
I disagree
Don't get me wrong. I do care, but the days of me covering it with any real passion are over. It's too exhausting. I once covered politics -- specifically, employment leave and disability legislation -- for a monthly and quarterly publication. I also worked with the Examiner's online publications, covering D.C. during Obama's healthcare run, and I can comfortably say:

I'm done.

I'm just done. I wish I had more of the good doctor Hunter Thompson in me, but I don't. I keep abreast of important stuff, and let the rest roll down my back and off my ass.
"I feel sorry for people who don’t drink or do drugs. Because someday they’re going to be in a hospital bed, dying, and they won’t know why." - Redd Foxx

User avatar
ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie
Posts: 12233
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:35 pm
Location: Xenia

Re: Thoughts On Trump and The Freak Show That Surrounds Him?

Post by ThirstyDrunk » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:53 pm

I love keeping abreast.
To be fair, I'm drunker than you.

User avatar
Lush City
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski
Posts: 4002
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:55 pm
Location: Nearest tiki lounge

Re: Thoughts On Trump and The Freak Show That Surrounds Him?

Post by Lush City » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:03 pm

Well, it's an all out attack on a sitting President these leftists don't agree with. The Democrats no longer wish to participate in a Democratic Republic. They have exposed themselves as being led by radical violent collectivists and they are not ashamed. We are on a civil war footing. Everyone should be prepared.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.
Image

User avatar
mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Posts: 6407
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:48 pm
Location: A ship upon the vast ocean of the Mighty MDM
Contact:

Re: Thoughts On Trump and The Freak Show That Surrounds Him?

Post by mistah willies » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:37 am

What's more fascinating than such polarized rhetoric
is how completely isolated each viewpoint has become from any other.

User avatar
scream ale
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed
Posts: 1790
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:26 am
Location: Home usually.

Re: Thoughts On Trump and The Freak Show That Surrounds Him?

Post by scream ale » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:01 pm

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:53 pm
I love keeping abreast.
I keep a pair in an old shoe box.
Image

User avatar
mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Posts: 6407
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:48 pm
Location: A ship upon the vast ocean of the Mighty MDM
Contact:

Re: Thoughts On Trump and The Freak Show That Surrounds Him?

Post by mistah willies » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:28 pm

Rye and Coke wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:41 pm
...I'm done.

I'm just done. I wish I had more of the good doctor Hunter Thompson in me, but I don't. I keep abreast of important stuff, and let the rest roll down my back and off my ass.
Quite agreed, Rye and Coke.
Me and my better half lived above second base for a couple years.
Silver Spring is great and all, there's good community and culture...
but the DC itself has become all frigged up by the current administration.
I ran back to the woods to escape all that toxicity that has taken hold there lately.

Bacchus hepp ye

User avatar
Lush City
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski
Posts: 4002
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:55 pm
Location: Nearest tiki lounge

Re: Thoughts On Trump and The Freak Show That Surrounds Him?

Post by Lush City » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:32 pm

mistah willies wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:37 am
What's more fascinating than such polarized rhetoric
is how completely isolated each viewpoint has become from any other.
You are out of your mind. I suggest you get a grip and take a closer look. But maybe that's the best you can do living up in Maine.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.
Image

User avatar
oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 9703
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: Thoughts On Trump and The Freak Show That Surrounds Him?

Post by oettinger » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:22 am

Lush City wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:32 pm
mistah willies wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:37 am
What's more fascinating than such polarized rhetoric
is how completely isolated each viewpoint has become from any other.
You are out of your mind. I suggest you get a grip and take a closer look. But maybe that's the best you can do living up in Maine.
lol Lush. Right that was his point

Ah well, politics... I`m drunk. Cheers
I do not remember posting that ^^^
Image

User avatar
mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Posts: 6407
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:48 pm
Location: A ship upon the vast ocean of the Mighty MDM
Contact:

Re: Thoughts On Trump and The Freak Show That Surrounds Him?

Post by mistah willies » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:16 pm

oettinger wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:22 am
Lush City wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:32 pm
mistah willies wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:37 am
What's more fascinating than such polarized rhetoric
is how completely isolated each viewpoint has become from any other.
You are out of your mind. I suggest you get a grip and take a closer look. But maybe that's the best you can do living up in Maine.
lol Lush. Right that was his point

Ah well, politics... I`m drunk. Cheers
"Being out of my mind" set aside,
(I mean, really, who would contest that? No one, my friend. There was no mind to begin with... )
there are two points here, which are these: *hiccup*

How many news channels do people watch these days?

There's Brightfart, there's Foxy chicks, there's CNN, MSNBCDE...

But also, there's world news like BBC, France 24, Al Jazeera, and of course, the experts at YouTube Cons-Piracy.

The first point is this: most folks don't allow other viewpoints into their consideration for good assessment.

My second point is: Indeed, I grip the lawn to keep from flying off into the ethernet/blackness of the starfield when I drink, and that is the best way to travel.

The Earth travels at a 1000 MPH, and you can get flung off the merry-go-round.

Third points: *hiccup* Uuurrrrrrp

User avatar
Lush City
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski
Posts: 4002
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:55 pm
Location: Nearest tiki lounge

Re: Thoughts On Trump and The Freak Show That Surrounds Him?

Post by Lush City » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:29 am

It was news today that Trump fired his admin assistant because she got liquored up with reporters and said stupid shit like she has a closer relationship with Trump than his children. There was more but she got whacked. What an embarassment that must be. She is laying low and not going out to meet anyone. Maybe she should be on suicide watch.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.
Image

User avatar
mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Posts: 6407
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:48 pm
Location: A ship upon the vast ocean of the Mighty MDM
Contact:

Re: Thoughts On Trump and The Freak Show That Surrounds Him?

Post by mistah willies » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:27 am

Lush City wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:29 am
It was news today that Trump fired his admin assistant because she got liquored up with reporters and said stupid shit like she has a closer relationship with Trump than his children. There was more but she got whacked. What an embarassment that must be. She is laying low and not going out to meet anyone. Maybe she should be on suicide watch.
Getting liquored up: always, yes.
With reporters, hell why not? They have the best stories.
Doing those two things when you're working with the POTUS?
What a dumbass.
See? She's definitely not Modern Drunkard material.

But what a way to go out, huh?
Crash and burn

User avatar
mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Posts: 6407
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:48 pm
Location: A ship upon the vast ocean of the Mighty MDM
Contact:

Re: Thoughts On Trump and The Freak Show That Surrounds Him?

Post by mistah willies » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:02 pm

This olde song of yore pretty much sums it up these days with politics.

(BTW, the singer of this song was actually a really good sort fellow and missed by many. Helluva voice, for his chosen style...)

Drowning Pool (video is odd)

https://youtu.be/gCSs5QggRUk?t=238

Post Reply