A Titan Among Us Has Fallen

Where we pay homage to our honored dead.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Fast Cast
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: A Titan Among Us Has Fallen

Post by Fast Cast »

This thread should be renamed "Eat My Fuck" and pinned under "Ten High".
I just wish there were some actual drunkards around here who can handle themselves like adults while still acting like retards - liquor&poker

sloweducation
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by sloweducation »

Very sorry to here this. Never talked personally but I have spent many a drunken night laughing at then MDM board and specifically Mayhem. I hope your family heals and can still feel you every day buddy.

WastelessPointOfTime
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by WastelessPointOfTime »

MayhemsGirl wrote:Hey all,

I just wanted to say hi. I don't know if you know of my existence, but I'm the lady that was lucky enough to catch Tony's eye and heart. On our very first date, he probably did a half hour on MDM stories. He loved you all here very much. I'm thankful that l... invited me over to see the awesome tribute posts to the beloved Mayhem. I'm only partially thru - I remain in awe of how many people truly loved him. <3

Nice to meet y'all.
Sincere condolences. I spoke with Tony least of all the Rochesterarians, I reckon (damn Yankees), if I did at all, but always held him in high esteem. Cheers again.
"binary: being drunk makes me amazed at life"

23:22 <@fiyah> i need a new glass
23:22 <@fiyah> this one has ... toothpaste on it
23:22 <@fiyah> i hope it's toothpaste

21:15 <@fiyah> then again
21:15 <@fiyah> we just wash our hands
21:15 <@fiyah> splash water on our faces
21:15 <@fiyah> and see what's out there

sloppydrunk
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by sloppydrunk »

Ciao Tony, Hasta Siempre, Amigo!

rebornlush
Tippler
Tippler

Post by rebornlush »

This is The Lush, I just forgot my password so had to make a new account. Tony was one of the old school of this board, and as is obvious from other posts, a friend to many. Whilst I never met him, I am sure he was a fine fellow. He will be missed.

Mother Goose
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mother Goose »

The HBE is being done again this year. One of Tony's favorite events all year. Anyone who fucksover the recipient this year will be publicly shamed in Tony's honor. :)

"DC is a toilet. And it needs a good flush." ~ Weatherman

Drunkard Chat bot sez: fiyah: i'm picturing wasabi oozing out of her parents, and im at a good pace if you have to do this cheap as fuck. but drunkards need to unite

ChiliDawg
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by ChiliDawg »

God speed, big Dawg. Sad news, indeed. Had a few pm's with big Tony, several years ago. Seemed like a quality cat.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

still can't read any of these threads all the way through. It's Timmy all over again. Shit happens, but nobody can tell me I have to accept it.
like tears in rain

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

Wow, to add onto all this I just lost 2 friends in 1 day yesterday. Unbelievable! My buddy who lives in Rochester just called me as he was good friends with one of them. Made me think I have to add another post here as he will be coming to town in a few days. We will raise one to Tony and to our friends Merry and Mooney.

Man this has been a crappy few weeks.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

l...
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by l... »

Resident Asshole wrote:Wow, to add onto all this I just lost 2 friends in 1 day yesterday. Unbelievable! My buddy who lives in Rochester just called me as he was good friends with one of them. Made me think I have to add another post here as he will be coming to town in a few days. We will raise one to Tony and to our friends Merry and Mooney.

I'm sorry about your friends....this has truly been a month of suck. (2 friends in 3 days for me. tony, and one from suicide. 5 total friends in the past six weeks or so.) I'm raising my glass to your friends NOW.
That's what I call Drunkard justice. I hate prisses like that. They're mincing their way through life when they should be marching. ~fkr.

I wish i could find me a woman who drinks!~ruiner..on lack of women drinkers.

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

Winter has set in here, the season of death has me dwelling on old friends tonight. I still think of how we always meant to talk of serial killers but never did. Your friendship was life changing.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

Resident Asshole

Post by Resident Asshole »

l... wrote:
Resident Asshole wrote:Wow, to add onto all this I just lost 2 friends in 1 day yesterday. Unbelievable! My buddy who lives in Rochester just called me as he was good friends with one of them. Made me think I have to add another post here as he will be coming to town in a few days. We will raise one to Tony and to our friends Merry and Mooney.

I'm sorry about your friends....this has truly been a month of suck. (2 friends in 3 days for me. tony, and one from suicide. 5 total friends in the past six weeks or so.) I'm raising my glass to your friends NOW.
Thanks my buddy who came into town just left this morning. I didn't get on the board as a bunch of old friends came into town for the wake and I was busy being with all of them. Sad, but ended in hugs.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

General E. Fubar

Post by General E. Fubar »

Here's to the loss of a Great!
Cheers
"I hope you like Guinness, I find it a refreshing substitute to... food."
- O'Neill

If I stop drinking all at once, I'm afraid the cumulative hangover will kill me.
- Archer

WildDamnTurkey
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by WildDamnTurkey »

I saw a sort of oblique reference about Mayhem somewhere else, and just came here to have it sadly confirmed.

There's not much I can say that hasn't already been said, but if our lives can be said to have carried weight, I think the measure of it can be taken on the impression we have on those we touch. All of us here, eleven pages of us and counting, whether we met him in person or encountered his distilled personality online, all the names from the old days who have come back to say a few words - it's a pretty telling series of reference points. Mayhem reached across the country and across oceans to change our lives, even if by just provoking a smile one day.

Eat my fuck, everybody.

*clink*

Booz Hound
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Booz Hound »

RIP Mayhem, I'm sure he got a fine seat at the bar upstairs.

BTW AC/DC's Have a Drink on Me started playing as i made this post!

[N.B. From 2359hrs on the 31st of January 2014, this topic has been "Locked". Anyone wishing to contribute further posts after this deadline, should contact a moderator. With deep regret and respect for our fallen comrade, Palinka.]