A Titan Among Us Has Fallen

Where we pay homage to our honored dead.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: A Titan Among Us Has Fallen

Post by mistah willies »

R.I.P from a drunkard injun

l...
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by l... »

god, I wish I had money to go to Rochester RIGHT now. there is no one more deserving of paying love and respect to.
That's what I call Drunkard justice. I hate prisses like that. They're mincing their way through life when they should be marching. ~fkr.

I wish i could find me a woman who drinks!~ruiner..on lack of women drinkers.

l...
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by l... »

I hope he's w/ DJF and they are bickering like old friends.
That's what I call Drunkard justice. I hate prisses like that. They're mincing their way through life when they should be marching. ~fkr.

WastelessPointOfTime
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by WastelessPointOfTime »

Damn. RIP Mayhem. Glad I stepped out for that spare handle of Bourbon tonight.
"binary: being drunk makes me amazed at life"

23:22 <@fiyah> i need a new glass
23:22 <@fiyah> this one has ... toothpaste on it
23:22 <@fiyah> i hope it's toothpaste

21:15 <@fiyah> then again
21:15 <@fiyah> we just wash our hands
21:15 <@fiyah> splash water on our faces
21:15 <@fiyah> and see what's out there

cornbread714
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by cornbread714 »

I haven't been around much in the last couple of years (obviously) but caught word through Facebook. Wasn't an actual personal friend, but liked his posts. I'm here from Romania to make a toast - with some Bulgarian rakia.

Noroc, Tony - R.I.P.
Live like a pig, die like a dog

"Everyone sleeps before I do. Sometimes I do not know what to do with myself; then the trouble begins."
-Savage

Bluespook
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Bluespook »

Damn. Sorry to hear this, i picked it up from mama goose on facebook as well. He was a legend and even though i never met him in person he was a Class A guy from his posts. Here's to Mayhem. Rest easy and don't settle for anything less than god's private stash.
Beer's just being social. Whiskey's drinkin'.

Mother Goose
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mother Goose »

I thought I had some pics from the Schmooperbowl (February 2006!!) but I can't find 'em. Here's one of Tony from our cross-country journey (well, half the country) to MassKon, and one of his favorite fashion statements. XOXO Tony.

"DC is a toilet. And it needs a good flush." ~ Weatherman

Drunkard Chat bot sez: fiyah: i'm picturing wasabi oozing out of her parents, and im at a good pace if you have to do this cheap as fuck. but drunkards need to unite

l...
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by l... »

mandals. mandals. mandals. well, you know how I FEEL about that. (but at least I had a second of a smile)

ruiner
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by ruiner »

Good Christ.

I, like seemingly a lot of us, haven't been around as much as before. Crystal let me know this afternoon of the horrible news. Tony was one of the very first drunkards I ever talked to. I had never been on a message board before this one (I was only 20) and he made me feel right at home. And by right at home, I mean constantly putting each other down, as if we were old friends drinking in a bar.

I got to drink with him in a few bars, on a few lucky occasions. He was the first person I ever met through the internet. Invasion 1. I pulled my usual disappearing act, he would yell at me, and then we would drink more. Oggar smashed the poor mans toilet with his forehead.

Invasion 2, he was nice enough to have me over again. More drinks, more craziness, crack for some reason....and he introduced me to my wife. I will never forgive you for that Tony, and I will always owe you a drink for it as well.

We used to constantly bicker about baseball. Tony was a die hard Yankees fan, me, Red Sox. I was actually in Rochester a day or two after the Red Sox came back against all odds to beat the dreaded Yankees in the ALCS. He and Liz went out and bought Cardinals gear just to root against my Red Sox. It was one of the best weekends I had ever had.

I guess thats the thing. I would tell people I was going to Rochester for a weekend of partying, and no one could understand why. They would ask "why would you go to that shit hole?" and i would start to argue.....and I had no real answer. Nothing I could articulate anyways. Well, now, too late, I can. No one had a bad time drinking with Tony. It wasn't possible. There aren't a lot of us here that have that quality, and too few in the world as a whole.

Treetop, Crystal, there are only 3 MDM ROC 06 tattoos left. Lets remember the fourth everytime we look down at our right arm.

Cheers Mayhem, I'm gonna miss you.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

l...
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by l... »

ruiner wrote:Good Christ.

I, like seemingly a lot of us, haven't been around as much as before. Crystal let me know this afternoon of the horrible news. Tony was one of the very first drunkards I ever talked to. I had never been on a message board before this one (I was only 20) and he made me feel right at home. And by right at home, I mean constantly putting each other down, as if we were old friends drinking in a bar.

I got to drink with him in a few bars, on a few lucky occasions. He was the first person I ever met through the internet. Invasion 1. I pulled my usual disappearing act, he would yell at me, and then we would drink more. Oggar smashed the poor mans toilet with his forehead.

Invasion 2, he was nice enough to have me over again. More drinks, more craziness, crack for some reason....and he introduced me to my wife. I will never forgive you for that Tony, and I will always owe you a drink for it as well.

We used to constantly bicker about baseball. Tony was a die hard Yankees fan, me, Red Sox. I was actually in Rochester a day or two after the Red Sox came back against all odds to beat the dreaded Yankees in the ALCS. He and Liz went out and bought Cardinals gear just to root against my Red Sox. It was one of the best weekends I had ever had.

I guess thats the thing. I would tell people I was going to Rochester for a weekend of partying, and no one could understand why. They would ask "why would you go to that shit hole?" and i would start to argue.....and I had no real answer. Nothing I could articulate anyways. Well, now, too late, I can. No one had a bad time drinking with Tony. It wasn't possible. There aren't a lot of us here that have that quality, and too few in the world as a whole.

Treetop, Crystal, there are only 3 MDM ROC 06 tattoos left. Lets remember the fourth everytime we look down at our right arm.

Cheers Mayhem, I'm gonna miss you.

I love you for this. don't go to anymore strip clubs in Rochester. and I love you for this, Mike.

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

A fine, funny gentleman and upstanding, if not always standing up, Drunkard of the highest order. Shared only posts, DMs and DDs with him, but it didn't take meeting him in real life to know he was bigger than life. I am confident he is being rewarded handsomely for his wonderful care of animals, love for his fellow human beings and his tremendous devotion to his precious Gianna.

Guess Heaven needed someone to run their HBE.

God Bless your soul and strengthen your loved ones, Tony Mayhem. Here's to you! Slainte!
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

fdoosey
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by fdoosey »

I love this, and all of you for showing how great a guy he is.

Been talking to Liz, she's devastated over this. I wish I could help her get to Rochester to be with everyone they knew.
http://www.sammichmen.com

methfront: the man who wanted to steal a shopping cart of bowling balls and drop them from the back of a car down route 36 doesn't want to sow bitterness
fdoosey: No, he just wanted to have fun with a shopping cart of bowling balls.

Judge

Post by Judge »

Good lord...there really is no longer a reason to go to Rochester. I can't even fathom that.

Fuck Tony, you were more to that town than Eastman/Kodak. So long pal, never going to forget you.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.