Palinka?...

Where we pay homage to our honored dead.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Palinka?...

Post by BeerMakesMeSmart »

Come on, you son of a bitch. I know you have it in you.
I'll miss you, pallie.

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

i'm incredibily drunk and raising a drink to Palinka. Here's to him. This must get to him with how hammmered i am afeter tonight's party
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

One for the Frog
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by One for the Frog »

wisp o' the willies wrote:Κάρμα είναι ένα δίκοπο μαχαίρι
Yeah, our friend didn't quite elaborate his/her deep wisdom, so I think it would be absolutely on topic to remember that:
As Dr. P. used to quote one of his favourites:
Understanding is a three-edged sword.

Veen
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Veen »

I know this thread has slowed down and all but, do we have any more updates?

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Veen wrote:I know this thread has slowed down and all but, do we have any more updates?
Any updates will be immediately posted here by one of the folks in his email list. Guaranteed.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Pali is on his way. Don't worry about him he is way ahead of us all. He was a forensic surgeon and has long had a relationship with death. He is one we can look to when it is our time to leave. My guess he will be there on the other side to guide us all in the afterlife for a short time at least. Souls all have their path to follow. God bless Pali!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Lush City wrote:Pali is on his way. Don't worry about him he is way ahead of us all. He was a forensic surgeon and has long had a relationship with death. He is one we can look to when it is our time to leave. My guess he will be there on the other side to guide us all in the afterlife for a short time at least. Souls all have their path to follow. God bless Pali!
Yes! He will welcome us with a martini at the airport again.
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Hello everyone,

I have some great news about Patrick for you all tonight.

The last few days he really seems to be making some progress. He’s started opening his eyes and tracking people around the room again. He’d been flailing around in his bed a lot for a while but his movements have recently become more controlled and his mum says that he has now started conducting some imaginary orchestra from his bed! So much so that they’ve had to put white boxing gloves on him to make sure he doesn’t knock out his tubes.

Yep, Patrick’s wearing boxing gloves! So you know that he really means business with this fight huh?

Apparently if he’s to recover he has to make his way through all the stages of a baby’s development. So far, as I say, he’s looking, tracking and he’s moving his limbs. The hope is that next he will smile, make other facial expressions, gain head control, grasp response etc. Anyone who’s had a child will know the procedure but we just have to hope that theres enough of him left inside there and that his progress doesn’t stop.

But hey, its looking a LOT better than the last time I wrote eh?

Another development is that the doctors have allowed him to have non-family visitors finally, so starting last weekend he’s been getting regular visitations from some of his oldest school friends. My mother will be seeing him next Tuesday and Im hoping to go down to see him myself in a week or two, so of course I will report my impressions here.

Now I know that some of you have asked about whether to travel to see him and even though its now possible I have to say that I would still hold back if you are far away. He’s still not showing any expression and won’t hold eye contact a lot of the time. So he’s not going to be even a sliver of the Patrick that we all know, not yet anyway. I think patience is in order, I do now believe that we will eventually get Patrick back, but he’s not here yet.

Anyway, Ill be in touch soon. Keep it up with the prayers, they seem to be working wonders.

Alex

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

YES

From our late friend booznik Them wuthering heights

And a big shout out to Alex for keeping us updated!

Cheers n thank you Alex!
Drink!

One for the Frog

Give him a drink and watch!

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

Was just jumping over to see if The Great Willies had posted this. I'm excited. Let's keep him in our prayers. Things are sounding very up. I'm especially liking the *tone* of the email. Tone really reads a lot into what's going on amongst doctors, the family, etc. This email was much more up-beat, and that gives me a lot of hope. This drink's for Palinka, and although I haven't set foot in church in years and rarely pray, here's a prayer to Palinka!

Cheers. Keep fighting man, we're all here for you!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

Mother Goose
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mother Goose »

The Geese collectively haven't been here in ages, but we're both devastated to hear about Palinka's situation. All our thoughts and good vibes are being sent to him across the pond. Much love . . .

"DC is a toilet. And it needs a good flush." ~ Weatherman

Drunkard Chat bot sez: fiyah: i'm picturing wasabi oozing out of her parents, and im at a good pace if you have to do this cheap as fuck. but drunkards need to unite

Bur

Post by Bur »

Just now read this.

For long I've clicked this thread with great anxiety, yet with a sliver of hope.

These are most welcome news indeed.

I just got paid and I'm considering in light of these news a middle of the week drinking session, which I can't allow myself often enough nowadays.

A single toast, simply won't do.

edit: simple typo fixutin'
Last edited by Bur on Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

shit. i can't be in denial anymore. will read other pages later
like tears in rain

One for the Frog

Today's progress is that he squeezes hand on request. Sounds good enough to hold a glass now!