My old friend Dave

Where we pay homage to our honored dead.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

My old friend Dave

Post by RIPT2.0 »

None of you knew him but we grew up together. Across the street from one another, actually. I found out he died today. Up until three years ago he was living high on the hog. He and his wife made big money, lived in a big house, had a daughter in College, and then they both lost their jobs and divorced. He had plenty of money but the divorce blew him out of the water and he started boozing real hard. His ex-wife went on to get another big dollar job but Dave retired to the local pub. Women will kill you, under the right conditions. May God rest his soul.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: My old friend Dave

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, Sammy. May he rest in peace and drink!

Yes yes women will be the death of you if you let them. Just don't give them the "right conditions". And a life insurance policy.
Okole maluna!

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: My old friend Dave

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Thanks. Dave had it particularly hard this last year because about a year ago he put his SUV into a ditch and got a DWI. He was in the middle of nowhere and might have avoided that charge but his smart phone, which was paired with the vehicles computer, automatically dialed 911. The Cops were on him before he could even extract himself from the vehicle and decide what to do. First his wife divorces him and then his own vehicle turns on him. His driving was restricted to only day per week for personal business after that and his Lawyer told him if he fucked up again he'd go to jail because his BAC was high enough to make it a felony DWI. He used to be out and about most days playing golf, playing in a horse shoe league, or just bar hopping around with friends, but after the DWI he couldn't go anywhere unless he got a ride from somebody, so I think he just sat at home and proceeded to drink himself to death most days. I love to drink but there are easier ways to kill yourself.