Movies We'd Like to See Again

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Frankennietzsche, Bur, ThirstyDrunk

WastelessPointOfTime
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Re: Movies We'd Like to See Again

Post by WastelessPointOfTime »

I can't remember the movies I'd like to see again because the reason I'd like to see them again is because I was on a 5-disc plan from Netflix before streaming days, and I frequently sent things back before I knew I saw them. I was drunk.

There is no telling how many times this happened.

On the plus side, I can watch almost any movie from the last decade+ and be surprised at something. I barely remember what I ate yesterday and I only remember that I did eat yesterday because my employer bought me breakfast. And that's Thursday yesterday, not realtime yesterday, since I see it is now officially Saturday.

This is a helluva lifestyle, friends. There is only the moment.
"binary: being drunk makes me amazed at life"

23:22 <@fiyah> i need a new glass
23:22 <@fiyah> this one has ... toothpaste on it
23:22 <@fiyah> i hope it's toothpaste

21:15 <@fiyah> then again
21:15 <@fiyah> we just wash our hands
21:15 <@fiyah> splash water on our faces
21:15 <@fiyah> and see what's out there

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Lush City wrote:John Wayne and Maureen O'hara in McClintock
This was a modern take on Shakespeare's Taming of the Shrew
http://youtu.be/8Cbh2UqXk-s
Ooh, one of Grumpy's favorites. I worry about that old man.
like tears in rain

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Samurai (also known as, "Shoot First...Ask Questions Later" and, perhaps most famously (in the US), as "The White, The Yellow and The Black"). Drink Recommendations: Whiskey, Sake and Rum (possibly in the same glass at the same time).
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

With apologies to Mr Boozificator, Waterloo. Drink Recommendations: Schnapps, Jenever, Cognac and (last and least, since the British provided the least amount of troops and most of those were Scots) Whisky.
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

If you haven't seen this film, then now is your chance. Possibly one of the funniest films ever made (and that is no idle hyperbole) and an influence one everyone from Woody Allen and Mel Brooks through to Zucker, Abrahams and Zucker (the guys behind Airplane, Kentucky Fried Movie, The Naked Gun etc.)
Please do take the time to watch this film, Hellzapoppin' (for more information, click here). Drink recommendations: Anything you can choke down between laughs.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Palinka wrote:If you haven't seen this film, then now is your chance. Possibly one of the funniest films ever made (and that is no idle hyperbole) and an influence one everyone from Woody Allen and Mel Brooks through to Zucker, Abrahams and Zucker (the guys behind Airplane, Kentucky Fried Movie, The Naked Gun etc.)
Please do take the time to watch this film, Hellzapoppin' (for more information, click here). Drink recommendations: Anything you can choke down between laughs.
Quite a find. Didn't know this existed. It's obviously an Illuminati production geared for Satan worshippers. While the US slipped into WWII and England was being bombed to smithereens, the public could still have great entertainment. Thanks for the link.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Lush City wrote:Quite a find...Thanks for the link.
You are more than welcome, I am very glad you enjoyed it. I would like everyone to see this film just to realise where a lot of the "Airplane" style of comedy comes from. In fact, anyone interested in film, comedy and, especially, film comedy really ought to see "Hellzapoppin'".
ドロンケン
ImageImage

EuroSlave
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by EuroSlave »

I just saw 'the worlds end'

wanted to see it right again after

excellent

EuroSlave
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by EuroSlave »

Just drank half a bottle of makers mark

it's 20 to 2

time to watch Leaving Las Vegas

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Palinka wrote:If you haven't seen this film, then now is your chance. Possibly one of the funniest films ever made (and that is no idle hyperbole) and an influence one everyone from Woody Allen and Mel Brooks through to Zucker, Abrahams and Zucker (the guys behind Airplane, Kentucky Fried Movie, The Naked Gun etc.)
Oh dear, it takes the Marx Bros. oeuvre and raises it a few bucks. Mel Brooks must have committed it to memory.
like tears in rain

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

EuroSlave wrote:Just drank half a bottle of makers mark

it's 20 to 2

time to watch Leaving Las Vegas
Beautiful film...
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Bobby Stout
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Bobby Stout »

I loved Leaving Las Vegas.

I watched the feature length Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor thing with Helena Bonham Carter and McNulty from the Wire in it yesterday. There wasn't nearly enough boozing in it.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Bobby Stout wrote:...There wasn't nearly enough boozing in it.
If it's Burton and Taylor boozing you want, then try "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?"
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Bobby Stout
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Bobby Stout »

Palinka wrote:
If it's Burton and Taylor boozing you want, then try "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?"
Not available in my country, unfortunately, but I'll seek it out.

For the record, my favourite boozing film is, by far, Factotum. It's simply perfect. When friends mention my drinking, I tell them to just go watch that movie and it'll tell them all they need to know.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Palinka wrote:
This movie reminded everyone about that failed relationship they had where they saw a strange and unwelcome aspect of themselves emerge. The critics panned this film because they couldn't face the truth. The free wheeling liberals that produced the film had pulled the covers on so called marital bliss.
http://youtu.be/ZgJXvwWRdfM