Movies We'd Like to See Again

Moderators: Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge, Frankennietzsche, Bur, ThirstyDrunk

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Movies We'd Like to See Again

Post by Frankennietzsche »

"From Beyond" I don't think that I have seen this since the VHS days.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Rumble in the bronx, Chan`s breakthrough in hollywood
Drink!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

oettinger wrote:Rumble in the bronx, Chan`s breakthrough in hollywood
Jackie Chan will kick your ass!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Scarface Al Pacino, 1983. "Say hello to my leetle friend!".
https://youtu.be/7pQQHnqBa2E
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Frankennietzsche wrote:"From Beyond" I don't think that I have seen this since the VHS days.
I just watched it earlier this eve'n. 'Tis just as glorious as I rememver, and looks incredible in blu-ray.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Frankennietzsche wrote:
Frankennietzsche wrote:"From Beyond" I don't think that I have seen this since the VHS days.
I just watched it earlier this eve'n. 'Tis just as glorious as I rememver, and looks incredible in blu-ray.
This is beyond creepy.

Ptflea2
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Ptflea2 »

Maybe not as good as The Re-Animator, but a very good, gooey follow up from Stuart Gordon/Jeffery Combs.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Ptflea2 wrote:
Maybe not as good as The Re-Animator, but a very good, gooey follow up from Stuart Gordon/Jeffery Combs.
I almost bought the Re-Animator when I ordered From Beyond, but I went with Prince of Darkness, instead. I need to keep this blu-ray habit in check.

I will watch any film with Jeffrey Combs in it.

Edit: he has an official site:

http://www.jeffreycombs.com/

Too bad that there isn't a forum.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Jeremiah Johnson.
https://youtu.be/QFLwH-ZZ1MY
Last edited by Lush City on Mon May 23, 2016 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Frankennietzsche wrote:
Indeed. I stole The Frighteners form HBO on VHS and it is an unsung classic movie.

I think that Jeffrey is greatly under rated, and also, a chameleon in the un-Geiko manner,

...like, in a dark way. He stole the movie.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

mistah willies wrote:
Frankennietzsche wrote:
Indeed. I stole The Frighteners form HBO on VHS and it is an unsung classic movie.

I think that Jeffrey is greatly under rated, and also, a chameleon in the un-Geiko manner,

...like, in a dark way. He stole the movie.
Nice movie, but for some reason I loathe Michael J. Fox. Hate everything about him. Strange, must be some kind of Doc Hollywood trauma. I need to hit the couch about that very soon...
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

There's a Jesse Stone marathon today. I know, it's rather cheesy but how can you not love Tom Selleck as a detective having his Scotch in the morning to "steady himself"?!
Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Sister of Sherlock wrote:There's a Jesse Stone marathon today. I know, it's rather cheesy but how can you not love Tom Selleck as a detective having his Scotch in the morning to "steady himself"?!
I like these. Deep thinking needs deep drinking. And a dog
Just can`t support his taste for JW-red
Drink!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Well, the deal is for all of you consumers of this thread, movies are made today to affect your frame of mind and to indoctrinate you into the globalist ideology. That's why I am not a fan of current productions if only for comic relief. The best movies have already been made. Just start reading the posts from page 1 of this thread. There is a wealth of movies in the past that are still archived and broadcast or published on media. They are available for a pittance to everyone. These classic movies are being remade because producers today don't want to take a chance. Thankfully there have have been more than a few that went against the grain and produced popular films at financial risk. They won.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Lush City wrote:Well, the deal is for all of you consumers of this thread, movies are made today to affect your frame of mind and to indoctrinate you into the globalist ideology. That's why I am not a fan of current productions if only for comic relief. The best movies have already been made. Just start reading the posts from page 1 of this thread. There is a wealth of movies in the past that are still archived and broadcast or published on media. They are available for a pittance to everyone. These classic movies are being remade because producers today don't want to take a chance. Thankfully there have have been more than a few that went against the grain and produced popular films at financial risk. They won.
I do agree. I'm not in to most current productions either and I am definitely not a movie goer. None of it really interests me. X-Men? Really??

"The best movies have already been made". It does appear that way. I have a handful of favorites and I'm pretty sure none of them have come out in the last 10 years.

"These classic movies are being remade because producers today don't want to take a chance". That, and I think Hollywood is running out of ideas. Been there, done that.
Okole maluna!