Great drinking oriented movies

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Frankennietzsche, Bur, ThirstyDrunk

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Re: Great drinking oriented movies

Post by Rye and Coke »

Jose Beam wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:27 pm
Of course I see lots of mentions of Barfly, but let us not forget it's ugly cousin Factotum. Not as fun, but still dern good to get souced to.
I actually love Factotum, but for different reasons than I love Barfly. I see the two separate depictions as the two sides of Bukowski: Barfly showed the hopeless romantic poet and stumble bum, and Factotum showed the hedonistic, abusive working man who had a distaste for authority.

Both were true, and both have their place.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:01 pm
Jose Beam wrote:
Of course I see lots of mentions of Barfly, but let us not forget it's ugly cousin Factotum. Not as fun, but still dern good to get souced to.
I actually love Factotum, but for different reasons than I love Barfly. I see the two separate depictions as the two sides of Bukowski: Barfly showed the hopeless romantic poet and stumble bum, and Factotum showed the hedonistic, abusive working man who had a distaste for authority.

Why do I have to always tipe this: The most accurate Bukowsky: Tales of Ordinary Madness

drink my wine and leave
Drink!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

oettinger wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:51 pm
Rye and Coke wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:01 pm
Jose Beam wrote:

Why do I have to always tipe this: The most accurate Bukowsky: Tales of Ordinary Madness

drink my wine and leave
Tales of Ordinary Madness (full film)

Found the full movie I think; I'm saving it for later.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'