Movies We'd Like to See Again

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Frankennietzsche, Bur, ThirstyDrunk

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Movies We'd Like to See Again

Post by oettinger »

Lush City wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:42 pm
'Once Upon a Time in Hollywood'
Is it worth a watch? It got very bad reviews
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

This was a good watch. A few favorites like Frances McDormand and Woody.
THREE BILLBOARDS OUTSIDE EBBING, MISSOURI
Okole maluna!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

oettinger wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:42 am
Lush City wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:42 pm
'Once Upon a Time in Hollywood'
Is it worth a watch? It got very bad reviews
Yeah, it got bad reviews by the Hollywood cognoscenti because those practices are still going on today but probably a lot less than before Harvey Weinstein. Any film these queer reviewers don't like, I automatically endorse. LOL!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Yah!
Fargo Trailer - Jerry Lundegaard's (William H. Macy) inept crime falls apart due to his and his henchmen's bungling and the persistent police work of pregnant Marge Gunderson (Frances McDormand).
https://youtu.be/h2tY82z3xXU
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

^^^ Fuck yeah! Fargo never gets old.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Bad Grandpa

Post by Savage »

Since our ordered dvd of Elf did not arrive, we decided to watch Bad Grandpa. (I don’t know why, but we’d already watched Patton in A Christmas Carol and Charlie Brown and his sad ass tree.)
Anyway, wow. Now, we haven’t had tv since FEN, so we never watched the Jackass. I really thought that was an old actor. Okay, bourbon may have been involved. But darn, I wish that guy and that cute little boy could have done a Christmas sequel. Too late, I guess The kid is probably a Macaulay Culkin old guy burnout. OMG. Like the boy who did Charlie Brown’s voice. They found him screaming in the middle of Hill street-had to lock him up.
like tears in rain

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Any Cohen brothers film really.

Fargo, Raising Arizona is offbeat hilarity, the Big Lebowski the list goes on.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Re: Bad Grandpa

Post by Rye and Coke »

Savage wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:20 am
Since our ordered dvd of Elf did not arrive, we decided to watch Bad Grandpa. (I don’t know why, but we’d already watched Patton in A Christmas Carol and Charlie Brown and his sad ass tree.)
Anyway, wow. Now, we haven’t had tv since FEN, so we never watched the Jackass. I really thought that was an old actor. Okay, bourbon may have been involved. But darn, I wish that guy and that cute little boy could have done a Christmas sequel. Too late, I guess The kid is probably a Macaulay Culkin old guy burnout. OMG. Like the boy who did Charlie Brown’s voice. They found him screaming in the middle of Hill street-had to lock him up.
Yeah, the Jackass crew were personal favorites of mine. Hard partying, hard living rascals who didn't give two shits about much. One of them died in a drinking and driving accident that I think had more to do with the car he was driving than the booze, but it is what it is.

They've all pretty much gone undrunk now, which I guess is a downer.

And I just never got Elf. My coworker is obsessed with it, but to me it's .... meh. I'm more of a Scrooged/Bad Santa guy.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Bad Grandpa

Post by scream ale »

This might the first holiday season since I don't even remember that I didn't watch Silent Night, Deadly Night or Bad Santa. Woops.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

This is the way they used to make movies. Bruce Lee makes his cinematic debut here and makes a fabulous exit, no spoiler intended. I bought my own copy it is such a collector's item.
Marlowe (1969) Official Trailer - James Garner, Bruce Lee Movie HD
https://youtu.be/mIgTl-rXmOk

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Let this be your intro to Film Noir. Films done in black and white with a story that ends tragically. The protagonists end up dead.
Out Of The Past HQ - (Original Trailer) 1947, Robert Mitchum, Kirk Douglas, Jane Greer.
https://youtu.be/fryuS6Zd_mc

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by TheDrunkardAnglo »

They've recently put The Matrix trilogy on Prime Video. I don't have a meeting until Friday, so I've got it on in the background whilst answering some emails.

It got me thinking. These guys they're out of the Matrix flying around on these little ships wearing some kind of industrial cotton/woolen clothes.

They clearly have the knowledge, the equipment how come they don't have any scenes with Moprheos over a stovetop going "Damn, this is good hooch... those machines don't realise we're going to get hammered and then we're going to fuck their mechanical arses"

They could make the hooch out of that shitty buckwheat/porridge they seem to be eating.
Major Strasser: What is your nationality?
Rick: I'm a drunkard.
Captain Renault: That makes Rick a citizen of the world.

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by TheDrunkardAnglo »

Battered Bastards of Baseball - a documentary about a bunch of bastard misfits and weirdos beating the shit out of establishment baseball.
Major Strasser: What is your nationality?
Rick: I'm a drunkard.
Captain Renault: That makes Rick a citizen of the world.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Saw this once years ago on cable and enjoyed it. Lots of great actors too.
Nightwatch

Okole maluna!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

TheDrunkardAnglo wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:43 am
Battered Bastards of Baseball - a documentary about a bunch of bastard misfits and weirdos beating the shit out of establishment baseball.
Did you see 'Moneyball'? This was about the Billy Bean era of the MLB California Angels and their record winning streak that still stands today.