Movies We'd Like to See Again

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Frankennietzsche, Bur, ThirstyDrunk

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Movies We'd Like to See Again

Post by Artful Drunktective »

So many wonderful actors. I only saw it once but remember enjoying it. I must watch Moonrise Kingdom again!

Okole maluna!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

oettinger wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:42 am
Lush City wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:42 pm
'Once Upon a Time in Hollywood'
Is it worth a watch? It got very bad reviews
Well, the film was geared to the baby boomers who remember 1969. I especially am partial because it was all set in SoCal where I grew up and frequented Hollywood around that time. It got bad reviews from the pc crowd because Tarantino showed his contempt for hippie freak serial killers. That got their panties in a knot. It's a man's movie so watch it and decide for yourself.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Fellow drunkard Shane-o-matic posted Who's Harry Crumb? trailer on FB recently. Of course I had the DVD a long time ago beings how it's a comedy AND detective flick and I must get it again. Who doesn't need some John Candy in our lives?
Okole maluna!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:30 am
Fellow drunkard Shane-o-matic posted Who's Harry Crumb? trailer on FB recently. Of course I had the DVD a long time ago beings how it's a comedy AND detective flick and I must get it again. Who doesn't need some John Candy in our lives?
Yeah, anything with John Candy is pure gold.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Stupid yet funny Haunted Honeymoon was entertaining. Love Gene Wilder and Dom DeLuise was magnificent.

Okole maluna!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

The Roaring Twenties (1939) - Here's One Rap Ya Won't Beat Scene (7/8) | Movieclips
This is all about bootlegging during the prohibition 1920-33.
https://youtu.be/QuZ_ak2qxeE

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

I saw True Crime when it was sorta new and remembered it was pretty decent if you like amateur sleuth crime drama type of stuff. Alicia Silverstone and Kevin Dillon were good. Kinda want to see it again.

Okole maluna!

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Merchant Seaman »

In no particular order

Whiskey Galore

Action In The North Atlantic

Lake Boat

Night and The City

Fat City

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

Although I had seen bits and pieces of it, I had never watched First Blood. Until last night. What a stupid piece of shit film. It's really really terrible. (sorry Oett).

Bad writing, bad acting, bad filming.

There are all kinds of things that make so sense at all. I don't even know where to start.

As an example: When John Rambo is in the mining cave, he uses matches to find his way around in the dark. A little while later, he uses a Zippo to light a gas station on fire. Why not use the Zippo in the cave? Maybe because it looks so cool to toss a Zippo and walk away?
DRINK!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Dear Booze wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:05 am
Although I had seen bits and pieces of it, I had never watched First Blood. Until last night. What a stupid piece of shit film. It's really really terrible. (sorry Oett).

There are all kinds of things that make so sense at all. I don't even know where to start.

As an example: When John Rambo is in the mining cave, he uses matches to find his way around in the dark. A little while later, he uses a Zippo to light a gas station on fire. Why not use the Zippo in the cave? Maybe because it looks so cool to toss a Zippo and walk away?

But you posted this comment in the "movies you'd like to see again" thread so does this mean you'd like to see it again?
Okole maluna!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:05 am
Dear Booze wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:05 am

But you posted this comment in the "movies you'd like to see again" thread so does this mean you'd like to see it again?
First, I didn't want to create a new thread. The mods on this board get very upset about that kind of thing. I searched "movies" and came up with two choices. One was about testicles, the other was this.

Second, "Rambo" was such a piece of shit, I actually look forward to seeing it again. Much like "Plan 9 from Outer Space," I'm waiting for it to reach kitsch status. Perhaps there will be drinking games associated with it.

So there you have it.
DRINK!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:05 am

Dear Booze wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:49 pm
First, I didn't want to create a new thread. The mods on this board get very upset about that kind of thing. I searched "movies" and came up with two choices. One was about testicles, the other was this.

Second, "Rambo" was such a piece of shit, I actually look forward to seeing it again. Much like "Plan 9 from Outer Space," I'm waiting for it to reach kitsch status. Perhaps there will be drinking games associated with it.

So there you have it.
We don't get upset, we just merge new threads to the same threads that have already been created to avoid redundancy. Thank you for using the search function BTW!

It's my least favorite thread title EVER on this board (hence why it isn't easily found) but for future reference, movies people hate on are here.
And I think once for Rambo First Blood was enough for me. Again, sorry oett.
Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Whatever, Rambo is gonna rape you both
Drink!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:09 pm
Whatever, Rambo is gonna rape you both
Well, any man who can cause a helicopter to spin outta control by throwing a small rock at it is a man to be feared. Lucky for us, it's impossible. Hilariously impossible.
DRINK!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

^ ^ ^ What, you've never downed a helicopter with a rock?

Okole maluna!