Movies We'd Like to See Again

Moderators: Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Frankennietzsche, Bur, ThirstyDrunk

Post Reply
User avatar
oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 9703
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: Movies We'd Like to See Again

Post by oettinger » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:31 am

Read about Mad World. Is it really worth a try?
I do not remember posting that ^^^
Image

User avatar
oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 9703
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: Movies We'd Like to See Again

Post by oettinger » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:31 am

Same goes for american graffitty, anyone liked it?
I do not remember posting that ^^^
Image

User avatar
oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 9703
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: Movies We'd Like to See Again

Post by oettinger » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:55 pm

The day after - That movie was the bomb!
I do not remember posting that ^^^
Image

User avatar
Lush City
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski
Posts: 4001
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:55 pm
Location: Nearest tiki lounge

Re: Movies We'd Like to See Again

Post by Lush City » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:37 am

oettinger wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:31 am
Same goes for american graffitty, anyone liked it?
That was a movie classic. Everyone I know loved it. Suzanne Sommers made her debut as the gal in the '56 T-Bird.
Image
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.
Image

User avatar
oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 9703
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: Movies We'd Like to See Again

Post by oettinger » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:08 pm

Imagine if someone taught Conan how to operate a minigun and team up with Rambo.
I`d be like, damn we`re fucked in the ass right now
I do not remember posting that ^^^
Image

User avatar
Lush City
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski
Posts: 4001
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:55 pm
Location: Nearest tiki lounge

Re: Movies We'd Like to See Again

Post by Lush City » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:53 am

oettinger wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:08 pm
Imagine if someone taught Conan how to operate a minigun and team up with Rambo.
I`d be like, damn we`re fucked in the ass right now
Stallone never liked Arnold early on because they were contemporaries making movies for the same niche. Big action heroes like Rambo followed by Arnold in Commando. They only got together in 'Escape Plan' (2013) which was as good as it gets to see these two together on the same screen. But they were older than dirt.
https://youtu.be/zM8T963JFgE
Image
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.
Image

User avatar
oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 9703
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: Movies We'd Like to See Again

Post by oettinger » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:04 am

Lush City wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:53 am
which was as good as it gets to see these two together on the same screen. But they were older than dirt.
Expendables 2 and 3. Both suck major balls
I do not remember posting that ^^^
Image

User avatar
Lush City
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski
Posts: 4001
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:55 pm
Location: Nearest tiki lounge

Re: Movies We'd Like to See Again

Post by Lush City » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:40 pm

oettinger wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:04 am
Lush City wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:53 am
which was as good as it gets to see these two together on the same screen. But they were older than dirt.
Expendables 2 and 3. Both suck major balls
You're no fun at all! I thought they were kick ass films with a lot of well choreographed action and a decent enough plot to keep people interested. I suppose you want to see girly man movies like 'Sleepless in Seattle'. LOL!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.
Image

User avatar
ThirstyBirdy
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:36 am

Re: Movies We'd Like to See Again

Post by ThirstyBirdy » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:30 am

.
"I drink to make other people more interesting."

User avatar
ThirstyBirdy
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:36 am

Re: Movies We'd Like to See Again

Post by ThirstyBirdy » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:22 pm

The Pickup Artist 1987.....

Reminds me of those nights when you thought you could quote a movie's great one liners and get laid, only to call the reject hotline with the number she provided you.. Bticjhes...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=fmlrfhsLYl8
"I drink to make other people more interesting."

User avatar
Lush City
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski
Posts: 4001
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:55 pm
Location: Nearest tiki lounge

Re: Movies We'd Like to See Again

Post by Lush City » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:35 pm

ThirstyBirdy wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:22 pm
The Pickup Artist 1987.....

Reminds me of those nights when you thought you could quote a movie's great one liners and get laid, only to call the reject hotline with the number she provided you.. Bticjhes...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=fmlrfhsLYl8
Yes, this was awesome. It began circulating around how a formerly frustrated bachelor on the verge of becoming a chump gets the knack of getting laid. Molly Ringworm was a total bust. This is taboo today for male themed movies, but the internet is full of seduction coaches and blogs on how to get laid. The current gen of millennial offspring haven't a clue!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.
Image

User avatar
ThirstyBirdy
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:36 am

Re: Movies We'd Like to See Again

Post by ThirstyBirdy » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:20 pm

Lush City wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:35 pm
ThirstyBirdy wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:22 pm
The Pickup Artist 1987.....

Reminds me of those nights when you thought you could quote a movie's great one liners and get laid, only to call the reject hotline with the number she provided you.. Bticjhes...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=fmlrfhsLYl8
Yes, this was awesome. It began circulating around how a formerly frustrated bachelor on the verge of becoming a chump gets the knack of getting laid. Molly Ringworm was a total bust. This is taboo today for male themed movies, but the internet is full of seduction coaches and blogs on how to get laid. The current gen of millennial offspring haven't a clue!
I do feel the art has fallen to the wayside of weasels on Tinder and other such nonsense which ruins the game. A photoshopped botticelli with the body of a male penis is what we can expect these days.

Molly's attitude in this was just pathetic. Ruined the movie...
"I drink to make other people more interesting."

User avatar
ThirstyBirdy
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:36 am

Re: Movies We'd Like to See Again

Post by ThirstyBirdy » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:07 pm

1. Predator 1987

Movie is well made and holds the interest through most. the re-watchability is near infinite and
watching good
Ol' Arnold hunting an alien 4 times his size through the jungle is great fun and unique each time.

2. Two Mules for Sister Sara 1970

Clint Eastwood flick. Good as any other aside from "Unforgiven" which is his best.

3. Vertigo 1950

Been mentioned but not for awhile. Just a reminder to watch the remastered. Easy going watch...
"I drink to make other people more interesting."

User avatar
oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 9703
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: Movies We'd Like to See Again

Post by oettinger » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:13 am

Predator ranks in my top three ever
I do not remember posting that ^^^
Image

User avatar
Lush City
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski
Posts: 4001
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:55 pm
Location: Nearest tiki lounge

Re: Movies We'd Like to See Again

Post by Lush City » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:28 am

ThirstyBirdy wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:07 pm
1. Predator 1987

Movie is well made and holds the interest through most. the re-watchability is near infinite and
watching good
Ol' Arnold hunting an alien 4 times his size through the jungle is great fun and unique each time.

2. Two Mules for Sister Sara 1970

Clint Eastwood flick. Good as any other aside from "Unforgiven" which is his best.

3. Vertigo 1950

Been mentioned but not for awhile. Just a reminder to watch the remastered. Easy going watch...
Thanks for #2. I will check it out and post!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.
Image

Post Reply