Movies we would kill to not see again

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Frankennietzsche, Bur, ThirstyDrunk

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Movies we would kill puppies not to see again

Post by Artful Drunktective »

scream ale wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:54 pm
I know I'm a glutton for punishment but 'Tremors: A Cold Day in Hell' was pretty bad. Verging on awful.
Albeit some decent actors in the first Tremors....that one kinda blew as well. I only liked it for a hot minute because I was too young to know better.
Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:59 pm
Nausea wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:21 am
The Happening.
Agreed. It tried too hard to be something and ironically nothing was "happening". I took several naps. We can always count on Shyamalan for that! It kinda reminds me of that boring ass alien movie with Joaquin Phoenix and Mel Gibson where you are in chronic pretend boring suspense but don't know why.
Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Nausea wrote:
The Happening.
Agreed. It tried too hard to be something and ironically nothing was "happening". I took several naps. We can always count on Shyamalan for that! It kinda reminds me of that boring ass alien movie with Joaquin Phoenix and Mel Gibson where you are in chronic pretend boring suspense but don't know why.
Okole maluna!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:01 pm
scream ale wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:54 pm
I know I'm a glutton for punishment but 'Tremors: A Cold Day in Hell' was pretty bad. Verging on awful.
Albeit some decent actors in the first Tremors....that one kinda blew as well. I only liked it for a hot minute because I was too young to know better.
Yet still I love Burt Gummer.

Public Service Announcement

need briefed
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

I did enjoy the first Tremors, not really sure why I felt the need to check out the sequels though.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:59 pm
Nausea wrote:
The Happening.
Agreed. It tried too hard to be something and ironically nothing was "happening". I took several naps. We can always count on Shyamalan for that!
Say what you want about the guy, but, he wrote 'The 6th Sense' starring Bruce Willis. That was a huge success and I've seen it at least twice. So, you will keep seeing his name as long as people keep paying him.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Killing Puppies - The Movie
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Killing Puppies - The musical - On Ice - One Night Only - Sold Out!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

The remake of Poltergeist. Fucking horrible movie. Not that the original was cinema gold, it wasn't, but holy shit this is terrible.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Movies that come to mind for this thread are the recent films starring Nick Cage. I won't even mention them. They are really bad. He's just working and making big bucks as long as folks keep paying him while he spends it all on crazy shit. The other loser is Robert de Niro. He is nothing but a clown today as compared to his days starring in 'Raging Bull'. His wife is spending all the money so he has to keep making one POS movie after another just to pay his bills! This guy is living in Hell. His brand is being greatly tarnished.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

buzzsaw
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by buzzsaw »

Gonna get some shit for this, but 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Alright hear me out, I went to the theater to see this over the summer in IMAX. This was after seeing this movie numerous times before. Spent half the movie at the theater bar (once even doing some karaoke to pass the time). Movie wasn't made for IMAX, not very impressive. My guess, I saw a lot of older folks in there, maybe it just brought back memories from back in the day.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

buzzsaw wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:47 pm

Alright hear me out, I went to the theater to see this over the summer in IMAX. This was after seeing this movie numerous times before. Spent half the movie at the theater bar (once even doing some karaoke to pass the time). Movie wasn't made for IMAX, not very impressive. My guess, I saw a lot of older folks in there, maybe it just brought back memories from back in the day.
Not my fav IMAX or not
Drink!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

buzzsaw wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:47 pm

Yeah, that's what it was, pure nostalgia. I saw it when it first came out at the Cinerama Dome in Hollywood in 1969. It was a 180degree screen. The best seats were up in the lodge. Saw it sitting in the pit in front of the screen. The early post production special effects were all too apparent back then sitting so close so you just went along with it as crude as they were. It was those apes and leopards in the beginning. But most of the film broke new ground and was pretty flawless elsewhere.

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

I tried to go through last Resident Evil movie - The Final Chapter, but I just couldn't. I put it on the background to TV and did other stuff but it was so boring and bad I found it distracting. Also CGI from like year 1998. Wooden Acting. Horrible writing. And pretty much everything else I you can fuck up.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Splatter University. So bad even Troma washed it's hands of the thing. And yes I do own a copy of this piece of crap on VHS.