The Walking Dead Season 7 Trailer

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Frankennietzsche, Bur, ThirstyDrunk

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: The Walking Dead Season 7 Trailer

Post by Frankennietzsche »

In regards to this past episode: What the fuck is wrong with the Alexandria crowd? They knew that the Saviors were coming in a few days to take half of their shit and by day three they had done nothing? They hadn't hid anything? THey still had the firearms inventory stashed with all of the firearms. It doesn't even appear that they had briefed anyone who wasn't there (in the season 7 premiere). Also, no lookouts. They just had aspergers-case manchild at the gate.
Ever since the Wolves attack, you would think that they would have an early warning lookout doen the road. Well shit, this is the crowd that woke up at the prison, one morning to be surprised by a MBT on their doorstep.

Jumpin jiminy christmas!
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

I like reading recaps to this show on various sites. It's the only show that I do this with as it is the only show that I really follow. There is a phenomenon to the comment sections for this show in which people pop in, germane to no part of the conversation, to add when they stopped watching the show. They are probably the same people who, a few years ago, thought it was cool to declare that they "don't even have a tv", both online and in real life. Can you imagine if five people are standing around discussing a tv show and a sixth person just walks up and says that they don't watch tv? What are you supposed to say? "Why are you interrupting us, then?" or "Then go away." Do they just want the conversation to stop and for everyone to bestow praise upon them for being so unique?
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Hey, television is good because: No reading. (Jim Gaffigan)

It's bullshit to dismiss any entire medium of human thought and description of our human experience.

It's much better to select form the banquet, or the buffet, if you like to share viruses.

Competitive reality shows are finally dying off. some remain, like good junk food.

Me? I like to select my viewing, and that why the internet is the best of the tubes.

That being said, the amplifier tubes are still friggin excellent. The projector lamp tubes can be great.

Just drinkin' my two cents

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

FNZ the worst part of all of the situation is that Rick's be totally neutered. Michonne now owns the nuts in the family. She, Maggie and Carol will see them through.

I forgot Rosita!. Make me a bullet!
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

I have an hypotheses: The Walking Dead (tv show) is not based on the comic book. It is based on actual game play sessions of a table-top role playing game that is based on the comic book and it is played by teen-agers.
It has to be a very large group, as well. You know the type: open to the public like at a con or a library basement. Large enough that the people running it have to take the time to section off the game play by where they are sitting around the table, and then telling them to go in the other room while they deal with the next 4 or so seats.
"Ok, what are you going to do?"
"I'm going to start walking that way. I am heading off to kill Negan."
"I'm going to jump in the back of the truck and going to kill Negan."
"I'm going on the quest for the magic bullet to use in the killing of Negan."

they record it all, then put it in the script.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

^ ^ ^

Actually, that makes quite a lot of sense. My own theory was based jobs the shotgun approach:. Lot of shot pellets, one will hit. For you non-gunners, it's like: throw a bunch of shit at the wall and see what sticks. I was basing it on the fact that there is a Talking Dead show on immediately after, where the writers get ideas from the fans for the next episode.

Of course, i never miss those either...

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

Negan deserves to take over the show, who gives a crap about those washed up arch types.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Just wait until the Republic of Alaska shows up during Season 9.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

I was trying to figure out why Nagen looked familiar... the actor is Jeffrey Dean Morgan, the guy who played the Comedian in the film The Watchmen. He has a very distinct voice, and his little bit of southern drawl comes naturally (unlike whatever accent Andrew Lincoln is trying to pull off).

Here's what I'd like to see for season 8...

*Rick Grimes grows another beard, then shaves again, then grows some stubble and wears a few more band-aids on his face.

*Let the walkers eat Karl's other eye.

*Someone in the group has the bright enough idea to raid an abandoned US Army weapons depot. Oh, and find someone that can fly a plane.

*A special holiday episode and crossover featuring wookies, R2D2 and C3PO.

*The entire cast says: "Fuck it, let's go to Jamaica".

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

I read today that Sonequa Martin-green has been cast in the new Star Trek Discovery series as the first officer. I figure that means that she will die in the TWD.

Here's the direction that the show should take: the cast finds an old steam engine at a railway museum and gets it running, then they head west and north to the paradise that is Alaska. Then they can have a spinoff/crossover with Northern Exposure. But they should spend at least one season on the train, maybe two. It would be like The Last Ship, but on a train and not at sea and with zombies and a different cast.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Totally.

I could see Chris in the Morning hooking up with Michonne. But there might be a problem getting the two Maggies mixed up. One of them would have to be killed off by a zombie grizzly bear, or maybe in the Cicely Thunderdome.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Karl would be great on the Brady Bunch, but only if they let the little, freckled snot keep the hat and gun.

Bur

Post by Bur »

What they truly need is manatees.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Badfellow wrote: But there might be a problem getting the two Maggies mixed up.
No way. Think of all the hilarity that could ensue. "Not this Maggie? Oh that Maggie." <cue worst theme music ever>
Badfellow wrote:Karl
Who? Oh, Choral.

Bur

Post by Bur »

I still believe it's pronounced kho-rahl. But I've been wrong before.