Drinking Music

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Lush City, peetie44

Post by Guest »

Good thumpin' heavy metal, Metallica or even better Rammstein. :twisted:

TARTANSPECIAL
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by TARTANSPECIAL »

I've got to remember to log on!!!!! As i was saying, good heavy metal but never ever, the god awful Bryan Adams!!!!!

Henry Chinaski
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Rat Pack

Post by Henry Chinaski »

THe live recordings of the Rat Pack is perfect to drink to. Especially when Dean sings, Drink to me only. There's something about listening to music that is performed by singers that are getting loaded right along with you.

Drunken Sailor
Souse
Souse

Post by Drunken Sailor »

Stevie Ray Vaughn plays some good Texas blues.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
-Hunter S. Thompson
ImageImage

drinklikerichardburton
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by drinklikerichardburton »

Old bluesmen. Leadbelly, Robert Johnson (especially "I Believe I'll Dust My Broom"), Muddy Waters ...

Or Neil Young - preferably the stuff he wrote after Danny Whitten died, or the "After the Goldrush" album.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Social Distortion is great to get ripped to, if you like this type of music., which I do. Some of the later stuff isn't as good as the first couple of albums. I got a reissue of their first record on clear vinyl in the late 80's.

Palinka (RIP)

No argument here

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

I like the suggestions so far (although Mettalica and Rammstein might be a little off-putting if one is trying to have a little "hair of the dog.")
However, it should be mentioned that certain songs (or musical genres) go well with certain drinks:
For a good old fashioned drunken blowout The Pogues, The Dubliners or The Chieftans (amongst others) provide a fine arm raising rhythm.
For sudden drinking frenzies The Wonderstuff, Blink 182 or Blur (amongst others) impart a certain esprit de corps.
For a reflective "fuck'em all" session the inestimable Mr Waits, Hank Williams (pere et fils) or even Bob Dylan (amongst others) cannot be beaten.
And for all purpose boozing a combination of Oasis, The Fall and The Beautiful South (again, amongst others) rate as personal favourites.
But on the whole, isn't conversation the cornerstone of tying one on?
Last edited by Palinka (RIP) on Wed Apr 16, 2003 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Sometimes;sometimes not.

Henry Chinaski
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

What's more

Post by Henry Chinaski »

And sometimes silence is the best companion. Nothing goes better with a Jack on the rocks then a moment of quiet contempulation with an old friend across the table who also understands that mindless chatter need not fill every social moment. What is the greater cement to any friendship than that unspoken understanding?

Palinka (RIP)

Re: What's more

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Henry Chinaski wrote:And sometimes silence is the best companion. Nothing goes better with a Jack on the rocks then a moment of quiet contempulation with an old friend across the table who also understands that mindless chatter need not fill every social moment. What is the greater cement to any friendship than that unspoken understanding?
One's friend demanding to buy the drinks all night.
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Henry Chinaski
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Touche

Post by Henry Chinaski »

Ah, yes.

Combat Rock
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Combat Rock »

Frankennietzsche wrote:Social Distortion is great to get ripped to, if you like this type of music., which I do. Some of the later stuff isn't as good as the first couple of albums. I got a reissue of their first record on clear vinyl in the late 80's.
Yeah, on my first warm day off this season, I'm gonna start drinking at half past noon and listen to Social Distortion out on my porch until I pass out.
"Oops there goes another year - there goes another pint of beer."
"I drank one and it turned to four. On the floor and I drank more. Now I'm never seeing you again!"

Palinka (RIP)

Tsk, tsk!

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

So late? My dear fellow, invest in an alarm clock. You'll waste far less time with Morpheus and will, therefore, have more time to spend with Bacchus!
ドロンケン
ImageImage

SavageXmasJjelloshot

Post by SavageXmasJjelloshot »

When drinking in a crowd, I found that I had an embarrassing tendency to dig out the old disco records, and try to dance. Have thrown them out. Next on the trash it list is the old sentimental pop crap from my youth--that I drag out when I'm drinking alone.

Albert Collins is a good guy to spin. (I ain't drunk, I'm just drinkin'...)

Barca

Post by Barca »

All I Wanna Do by Sheryl Crow may not be a great song, but it's one of the best odes to drinking in the history of pop music.

"I like a good beer buzz early in the morning." That's just classic.
Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. - Henry Lawson