Drinking Music

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Lush City, peetie44

TARTANSPECIAL
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by TARTANSPECIAL »

MY GOD
Palinka, how can you be bothered to type all those lyrics down :?:
Usually when i'm on here, i find it hard to focus, never mind type :lol:

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Maybe its because I'm only 20 years old and go to school in North Philadelphia at Temple University, but I'm a fan of listening to some hiphop while drinking. One of the reasons I like it is the common bond I share with most of the artists of having a strong affinity for drinking 40s. Therefore, some of my alltime favorites are "M.E.T.H.O.D. Man" by WuTang for the classic lines "I've got myself a 40, I've got myself a shortie, an' I'm about to go and stick it, yes I'm about to go and stick it," RZA's "Daily Routine" from the first Bobby Digital album for its line, "We stay blunted, drinkin Coqui 900," and Schoolly D's "Coqui 900." So for favorites I'd say Wu-Tang and all of their solo efforts, Dungeon Family, Dr Dre are all big ones.

Also, I'm a big fan of The Doors, as well as Journey "Any Way You Want It" and "Don't Stop Believin," and Van Halen, especially "Panama." And of course, you've gotta love the blues. I'm a big fan of R&B and Soul, but for good ol' straight-blues you've gotta go with my man John Lee Hooker. Taj Mahal, to me, is my alltime favorite bluesman.

All-time greatest drinking song in my book - "Ain't Nobody's Business But My Own" by Taj Mahal
Champagne don't drive me crazy
Cocaine don't make me lazy
Ain't nobody's business but my own
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker
You can drink all the liquor down in Costa Rica
Ain't nobody's business but your own.
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

TARTANSPECIAL wrote:MY GOD
Palinka, how can you be bothered to type all those lyrics down :?:
Usually when i'm on here, i find it hard to focus, never mind type :lol:
Dedication for education. Plus vodka.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

gikmo
Tippler
Tippler

Post by gikmo »

there is nothing like plaing khe sanh by cold chisel in any pub any where in australia and seeing the whole room stand up and start signing.. every good(and not so good) cover band in australia should know it cause it will definately be requested! other great aussie songs/bands to listen to when on the piss are:

Australian Crawl - boys light up & reckless
Men at work - Land Down Under(our national anthem)
just about anything from acca-dacca
and slim dusty - i love to have a beer with duncan
for something a bit more up beat theres frenzal rhomb, the living end, 28days and alike... oh and we cant forget tommorow by silverchair and freak also...

...and there is that age old song that you can hear on any pub crawl and ill teach it to you know, its pretty easy song to get the words for-
(to the tune of Auld lang syne)

More beer, more beer, more beer, more beer
More beer, more beer, more beer,
More beer, more beer, more beer, more beer
More beer, more beer, more beer.

keep on drinking mate

gikmo
"Anti-alcoholics are unfortunates in the grip of water, that terrible poison, so corrosive that out of all substances it has been chosen for washing..." Alfred Jarry

"I could've been a child prodigy if I wasn't so fat lazy & stupid" James Hyder

TARTANSPECIAL

Post by TARTANSPECIAL »

What about the underrated 80's classic," two pints of lager and a packet of crisps please" :twisted:

beersnob

Post by beersnob »

I'm very pleased to see FEAR on the list here. Their album MORE BEER was great for swillin' Beast with the guys in highschool--"When I wake up in the morning and my mouth's all parched and dry I crawl to the refridgerator and look inside. And, I'm hopin' and I'm prayin'...I hope there's one more Beeeeeeer." Good stuff. But I'm terribly dissappointed that noone has made mention of what I view as perhaps the most important drinking music of our time (or the late 80's anyway). With records like "Another Wasted Night", "Older Budweiser", "Another case of Brewtality", and a hit (OK, so it's not a hit; it just rocks ass! hear it: http://www.taang.com/taangbands.html) song simply called "Alcohol", GANGGREEN just takes the cake. These guys just make ya wanna tip that bottle back and go ahead with the dain bramage! "Another wasted night, on the ground, i'm a total disgrace to the this town." "No doubt about it, cant live without it, alcohol, alcohol, alcohol." And, of course every punk album needs some sort of political message: "The liquor stores been closed, all the street people froze, and our government built another bomb." Sorry for carrying on, but I saw these guys play on Joe Gittleman's (currently bass player and lyricist w/ M.M. Bosstones) 21st birthday, and it was absolutey moving.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

beersnob wrote:I'm very pleased to see FEAR on the list here. Their album MORE BEER was great for swillin' Beast with the guys in highschool--"When I wake up in the morning and my mouth's all parched and dry I crawl to the refridgerator and look inside. And, I'm hopin' and I'm prayin'...I hope there's one more Beeeeeeer." Good stuff. Sorry for carrying on, but I saw these guys play on Joe Gittleman's (currently bass player and lyricist w/ M.M. Bosstones) 21st birthday, and it was absolutey moving.
Agreed.
Register, my friend (and I'm proud to call you such).
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

I'm currently annoying the neighbours by (drinking whisky - Ballvenie 10 year old maker's reserve single malt - a favourite) and playing Atmosphere, by Joy Division, way too loud. It's a public holiday here, so I expect the police to be arriving...Ah, there goes the doorbell!
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

I saw Gangreen open for Social Distortion in 89 or 90. Good show.

Palinka (RIP)

Hooky sums it up

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?

There is one thing. That I would die for.
It's when you say. My life is in your hands.
When you're near me. Your love is all I need.
Now I can't imagine.

What do you want from me?
It's not how it used to be.
You've taken my life away

Ruining everything.

Sha la la la la la la

Ruining everything.

Give me something. I can rely on.
Far away from. The life that I once knew.
But what does it matter. That's all I have to say.
And I can't imagine.

Ruining everything.

Sha la la la la la la

Just the ticket for break-up drinking music (I'm trying to wean myself off the Joy Division).
I'm not bitter, I just drink it!
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Combat Rock
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Combat Rock »

Two shots for the first to ID this song -

"IF THERE ARE GODS THEY MUST BE DRUNK!!! REV'LIN' IN THE MADNESS, YOU AND I!!! "
"Oops there goes another year - there goes another pint of beer."
"I drank one and it turned to four. On the floor and I drank more. Now I'm never seeing you again!"

UnkleLemmy
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by UnkleLemmy »

Combat Rock wrote:Two shots for the first to ID this song -

"IF THERE ARE GODS THEY MUST BE DRUNK!!! REV'LIN' IN THE MADNESS, YOU AND I!!! "
That would be Wonder Beer by Naked Raygun.

2 shots of Bourbon please!
Last edited by UnkleLemmy on Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Savage: "Unkle Lemmy looks just like his avatar, and that is hawt. Also, he sends me a crate of bourbon every month and for this, when I die, he will inherit my castle in Savagonia, and my 72 virgins. (They are all good boys, and very hard workers.)"

Combat Rock
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Combat Rock »

Coming right up...
"Oops there goes another year - there goes another pint of beer."
"I drank one and it turned to four. On the floor and I drank more. Now I'm never seeing you again!"

deadpuppiesandwhores
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by deadpuppiesandwhores »

bubblin' gold by a small band called the ghettobillies. you can order it at http://www.ghettobillies.com. it is worth it and i'm not even a friend of the band
road to hell is paved with unbought stuffed dogs.
"I AM TOO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN."
colonel sanders

http://meetme.hotornot.com/r/?emid=K8ERHQN

i'm not saying i beat the devil, but i drank his beer for nothin'.... then i stole his song.

murderama
Tippler
Tippler

Post by murderama »

This has probably already been said... but fuck off anyway, cuz it's my first post on these boards... but the Pogues are my favorite band to drink to, hands down. A good, healthy shot of Pogues with a light Firewater chaser. Then it's off to bed...
Shit! Lives! Forever!