What is your favorite Elton John song?

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Lush City, peetie44

OscarWildesCharm
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Ok Ok

Post by OscarWildesCharm »

Ok Ok Ok LOL, As the resident Fag, I have to say, I think "The One" or "Can you feel the love tonight" is the best Elton song. The best gay Elvis song.....Just kidding....Betcha thought I was gonna say Elvis was a pillow biter didn't ya? heh. Cheers mates LOL.
"We feel sorry for those who don't drink, Because when they wake up in the mornin', Thats as good as their gonna feel all day"

-Francis Albert Sinatra

Lushlife
Banned From the Pub
Banned From the Pub

Post by Lushlife »

Barca wrote:This might be the only time Lushlife and I are ever in complete agreement. Rocket Man is the only Elton John song I truly love, but "Hold me close, Tony Danza" is probably my favorite lyric of the seventies.
And who would have thought that perhaps all along Elton John has been the answer to world peace?

WillyBlues
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by WillyBlues »

Funeral for a Friend or Grey Seal, saw Elton John live in 1990 at the Garden in NYC and he was great, played nothing but old tunes, the intro number was Benny and the Jets

Dale
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Dale »

fishy wrote:I'm Still Standing.

Ironically, the only time I ever play it nowadays is when I'm not capable of standing.
I have to agree. Basically, because it's one of the few Elton John songs I know. It's good and fitting.

Fast Cast
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Fast Cast »

Don't Let Your Son Go Down On Me, the duet version with George Michael.
I just wish there were some actual drunkards around here who can handle themselves like adults while still acting like retards - liquor&poker

Dale

Post by Dale »

Fast Cast wrote:Don't Let Your Son Go Down On Me, the duet version with George Michael.
Whenever I hear the name George Michael I'm thinking of that damn song they'll play every Christmas a dozen times a day on the radio. Quite the torture.

Jimmy&Guinney

Post by Jimmy&Guinney »

November Rain.
And they say her flower is faded now
Hard weather and hard booze
But maybe that's just the price you pay
For the chains you refuse

JohnnyT

Post by JohnnyT »

I was going to post "none of the above", because Elton John's music makes me want to stop drinking (yes, it's that bad), but then I decided I shouldn't post that in this thread.

RIPT

Post by RIPT »

JohnnyTequila wrote:I was going to post "none of the above", because Elton John's music makes me want to stop drinking (yes, it's that bad), but then I decided I shouldn't post that in this thread.
Concur. The guy gives me the creeps with those giant glasses and all.

happydrunk
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by happydrunk »

JohnnyTequila wrote:I was going to post "none of the above", because Elton John's music makes me want to stop drinking (yes, it's that bad), but then I decided I shouldn't post that in this thread.
Okay - you listen to the song "Social Disease" and tell me that you don't want to have a drink, then you just ain't the drinkin' kind!

That whole album is great, but some songs on it want to make you drink, more than others, and that song is one of them (and then there's that Candle in the Wind song, and I can see where you're comin' from).

But Social Disease sooooo makes me want to drink and be proud to be drunk . .. .I can only thank Elton John for that!'

okay, edited to type the lyrics for those that just don't know:

And I get bombed for breakfast in the morning,
I get bombed for dinner time and tea,
I dress in rags, smell a lot, and have a (real good time) (heart of gold),
I'm a genuine example of a social disease.

:lol: :lol: :D
I'm not so think as you drunk I am.

Hell is no bourbon - Ms. Savage

Because that's how you win. Gunpowder and rum.,

Leftboston
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Location: Queen Creek, before there was mexicans We had German POWs working farms

Post by Leftboston »

Gotta go with the early stuff like Madman across the water. After Captain Fantastic, he was a she and the whole thing was as bad as any undrunkened up rock star

Judge

Post by Judge »

"Benny and the Jets" c'mon lyrics like "mohair suit, electric boots" you just don't write shit like that anymore.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

WastelessPointOfTime
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by WastelessPointOfTime »

JudgeLyonell wrote:"Benny and the Jets" c'mon lyrics like "mohair suit, electric boots" you just don't write shit like that anymore.
That was gonna be my vote, though I have no idea about any of the lyrics apart from the "B-b-b-b-b-enny" and such... Just childhood memories. That's a cool song.
"binary: being drunk makes me amazed at life"

23:22 <@fiyah> i need a new glass
23:22 <@fiyah> this one has ... toothpaste on it
23:22 <@fiyah> i hope it's toothpaste

21:15 <@fiyah> then again
21:15 <@fiyah> we just wash our hands
21:15 <@fiyah> splash water on our faces
21:15 <@fiyah> and see what's out there

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: What is your favorite Elton John song?

Post by Artful Drunktective »

"Standing" behind the opinions of some drunkards past, definitely I'm Still Standing
Okole maluna!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: What is your favorite Elton John song?

Post by Patchez »

Saturday Night or Crocodile rock.

Maybe Ballad of a Well Known Gun or almost anything off his duet album with Leon Russell.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice