Live show

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, peetie44, Lush City

Post Reply
User avatar
oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 9121
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Live show

Post by oettinger » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:51 pm

Hit the moshpit otherworldly drunk and only remember by broken bones
or
Sit at the side and try to outdrink the whole stadium remembering half of the gig?

Discuss
Is it just me or did the boxed bumwine cork a little bit?
Image

User avatar
Patchez
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill
Posts: 5144
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:41 pm
Location: South Central, PA

Re: Live show

Post by Patchez » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:11 pm

oettinger wrote:Hit the moshpit otherworldly drunk and only remember by broken bones
or
Sit at the side and try to outdrink the whole stadium remembering half of the gig?

Discuss

A little from column B which invariably leads to column A.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

User avatar
ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie
Posts: 12099
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:35 pm
Location: Xenia
Contact:

Re: Live show

Post by ThirstyDrunk » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:01 am

Front load heavily in the parking lot beforehand, go in hammered and smash everyone and everything
To be fair, I'm drunker than you.

User avatar
ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie
Posts: 12099
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:35 pm
Location: Xenia
Contact:

Re: Live show

Post by ThirstyDrunk » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:05 am

remembering nothing.
To be fair, I'm drunker than you.

User avatar
oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 9121
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: Live show

Post by oettinger » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:49 am

I`ve been to one of these and am kind of sad and relieved at the same time that I don`t remember turd
Is it just me or did the boxed bumwine cork a little bit?
Image

User avatar
Patchez
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill
Posts: 5144
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:41 pm
Location: South Central, PA

Re: Live show

Post by Patchez » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:33 pm

I once stage dived at a Cheap Trick concert on the beach in South beach Miami. 87 I think.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

User avatar
Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie
Posts: 12352
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2003 9:13 pm
Location: Master of the Meatloaf Winds
Contact:

Re: Live show

Post by Frankennietzsche » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:26 am

When I was recently in Santa Cruz, we tried to go to a free Blue Oyster Cult concert but we missed it because it was over before 9 pm. I think that they had to get back to their room in time for Matlock.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

User avatar
oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 9121
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: Live show

Post by oettinger » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:54 am

Frankennietzsche wrote:When I was recently in Santa Cruz, we tried to go to a free Blue Oyster Cult concert but we missed it because it was over before 9 pm. I think that they had to get back to their room in time for Matlock.
Hahahahaha how should that even work? For free means they didn`t open for someone. Was it some kind of street-festival?
Is it just me or did the boxed bumwine cork a little bit?
Image

User avatar
ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie
Posts: 12099
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:35 pm
Location: Xenia
Contact:

Re: Live show

Post by ThirstyDrunk » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:34 pm

Patchez wrote:I once stage dived at a Cheap Trick concert on the beach in South beach Miami. 87 I think.
Can you honestly tell me you have forgotten the magnetism of Robin Zander or the charisma of Rick Nielsen?
To be fair, I'm drunker than you.

User avatar
Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie
Posts: 12352
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2003 9:13 pm
Location: Master of the Meatloaf Winds
Contact:

Re: Live show

Post by Frankennietzsche » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:17 pm

oettinger wrote:
Frankennietzsche wrote:When I was recently in Santa Cruz, we tried to go to a free Blue Oyster Cult concert but we missed it because it was over before 9 pm. I think that they had to get back to their room in time for Matlock.
Hahahahaha how should that even work? For free means they didn`t open for someone. Was it some kind of street-festival?
It was on the beach near the Boardwalk.

BTW's: Santa Cruz is where they filmed the Lost Boys.

Also, we were there when the rest of California (and maybe the world) were celebrating Pride Week. And this may have been totally coincidental, but they were having a car show on the pier exclusively of the old timey cars made partially out of wood, aka: 'woodies'.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

User avatar
Patchez
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill
Posts: 5144
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:41 pm
Location: South Central, PA

Re: Live show

Post by Patchez » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:25 pm

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Patchez wrote:I once stage dived at a Cheap Trick concert on the beach in South beach Miami. 87 I think.
Can you honestly tell me you have forgotten the magnetism of Robin Zander or the charisma of Rick Nielsen?
I was only unclear on the year. Love the band.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

User avatar
ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie
Posts: 12099
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:35 pm
Location: Xenia
Contact:

Re: Live show

Post by ThirstyDrunk » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:27 am

Patchez wrote:
ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Patchez wrote:I once stage dived at a Cheap Trick concert on the beach in South beach Miami. 87 I think.
Can you honestly tell me you have forgotten the magnetism of Robin Zander or the charisma of Rick Nielsen?
I was only unclear on the year. Love the band.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2oHY4RapDY
To be fair, I'm drunker than you.

User avatar
Patchez
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill
Posts: 5144
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:41 pm
Location: South Central, PA

Re: Live show

Post by Patchez » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:49 am

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Patchez wrote:
ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Can you honestly tell me you have forgotten the magnetism of Robin Zander or the charisma of Rick Nielsen?
I was only unclear on the year. Love the band.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2oHY4RapDY

That's kids stuff.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

User avatar
oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 9121
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: Live show

Post by oettinger » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:28 pm

My first live show ever was Quitters Band and I don`t remember shit. That`s prolly why it was such a good gig
Is it just me or did the boxed bumwine cork a little bit?
Image

Post Reply