Tamarind Juice as a Mixer?

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Palmwine Drunkard
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Palmwine Drunkard »

MeanOldLady wrote:
Palmwine Drunkard wrote:Ah, c'mon!
Be adventurous!
It's great!
had my computer not blown up, i'd have responded to this much sooner. i endorse the use of tamarind juice/tamarindo for all purposes, particularly those involving cocktails. i've mixed tamarindo with several things, vodka and rum included, but never thought to add lime. i usually don't make drinks at home that include garnishes or fruit juices, and not because i don't enjoy them, but because i'm too much of a lazy ass to make anything that involves slicing, or squeezing or shaking. i take a glass and pour booze into it, and sometimes i get adventurous and pour in a non-alcoholic liquid as well. so on that note, going to the mexican store for some tamarind is now officially on my list of errands, so i'll probably try this in about 3 weeks.
Like I said before the boards went down, this makes total sense being appreciated by a Tica!
Actually, I just remembered a juice offered in the Salvadorean/ Costa Rican restaurants of my Californian youth: Orchada!

Try Orchada too, especially with Rum or Tequila.

Cheers, Peace and Love Mean Old Lady!
"Nature is beautiful at its most violent and chaotic. Embrace the wildness, in the storm and in yourself. And meditate heavily with aid of Johnny Walker. You've got it right. Let it all keep turning."
(Raoul Duke)

MeanOldLady
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by MeanOldLady »

arr, leave my brain, drinker of palm wine! i came to this forum specifically to post about the fantasticosity of horchata and rum. i'm drinking some right now and find it to be even more delicious than vodka and tamarindo.
"Vodka is the Harry Potter of Booze, fun at first but ultimately unsatisfying and made for children." -The Lush

"If you can't trust the inner monkey, who can you trust?" -F. Sott Blitzedgerald

"this thread should be called WEAK drunk pics. more people should be bloody and passed out" -old crow

Palmwine Drunkard

MeanOldLady wrote:arr, leave my brain, drinker of palm wine! i came to this forum specifically to post about the fantasticosity of horchata and rum. i'm drinking some right now and find it to be even more delicious than vodka and tamarindo.
Ahh!
I remember when I used to buy Tamarindo, or tongue burrito's from the Salvadorean bodega I used to frequent in Mountain View, Ca.
"Horchada" was sold as "Orchada" and it was great!
I just don't even know the fruit from which it was made, and we have Tamarinds in overblown proportions here in North Sumatra.

Hopefully I'll never leave your brain, nor shall you mine, Tica!

Cheers to you MOL!
"Nature is beautiful at its most violent and chaotic. Embrace the wildness, in the storm and in yourself. And meditate heavily with aid of Johnny Walker. You've got it right. Let it all keep turning."
(Raoul Duke)

MeanOldLady
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by MeanOldLady »

i've been a long time fan o vodka and tamarindo, but the lime adds a kick i'd hardly anticipated. last night, i went to father MOL's house, 1) because it was his bday, 2) 'cause i wanted to steal limes from his lime tree. the lime added an extra tastiness to an already delicious conoction. i've been making thse all morning and it's made my house cleaning an almost enjoyable experience.
"Vodka is the Harry Potter of Booze, fun at first but ultimately unsatisfying and made for children." -The Lush

"If you can't trust the inner monkey, who can you trust?" -F. Sott Blitzedgerald

"this thread should be called WEAK drunk pics. more people should be bloody and passed out" -old crow

Palmwine Drunkard

MeanOldLady wrote:i've been a long time fan o vodka and tamarindo, but the lime adds a kick i'd hardly anticipated. last night, i went to father MOL's house, 1) because it was his bday, 2) 'cause i wanted to steal limes from his lime tree. the lime added an extra tastiness to an already delicious conoction. i've been making thse all morning and it's made my house cleaning an almost enjoyable experience.
I used the lime because the people here use it when they drink tamarind juice (always with sugar).
They say it "opens up the flavor".
I must agree, as it seems you do as well.
I hope you're having a great night Tica.

Cheers to your dad and his lime trees, you are lucky!
Peace and Love to all!
(Raoul Duke)