Drink of the Week 10/01

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Barca

Drink of the Week 10/01

Post by Barca »

Contemporary mythology, what some people call conventional wisdom and others call spin control depending on who one is trying to denigrate and/or mislead, says that America has become a society of great dichotomies filled with massive cultural chasms. Every issue hinges on red v. blue, rich v. poor, young v. old, rural v. metro, east v. west. Seemingly, we just don't get along with each other. Every personal characteristic we possess, good or bad, is only defined by its counterpoint.g

Certainly our divisive and hostile political discourse buttresses the point that we can't, and maybe shouldn't, get along with those who disagree with our cherished belief. Is it possible to hate the last four presidents with equal vehemence? Can a solitary individual see the good qualities in both Jimmy Carter and Richard Nixon?

Even if its not true of our politicians, surely the majority of citizens in this country do want everyone to be happier, more prosperous, safer, and more optimistic about the future. Eventually we'll learn that the person who voted against your politician of choice isn't actually a child molester who nails puppies to baby chicks as a hobby. Maybe he just sees a different path to Utopia than you do.

Two more things:

1. This week's drink of the week is the Tom Collins.

Gin
Lemon Juice
Sugar
Club Soda
Garnish with lemon and cherry.

Enjoy

2. Obama in 2008!!
Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. - Henry Lawson

Gin McGuinness
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Gin McGuinness »

1. I'll order one tomorrow night (after my massage at the Raffles Spa) in the famous Long Bar.
2. I pray that Obama does run. We need a BIG change.
"Personally I prefer the buzz between 'all is good and well in the universe with this glass' drunk and 'IM A FUCKING VIKING!' drunk." Impish Boozehound

Blackneto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Blackneto »

Re: number 2

I hope he does not.

I really don't want to see him get assasinated.

Besides he's really just starting out. give him a few more terms as senator to make his contacts and feel his way into the system.

Remember he made a promise that he would finish out his first term.

We all know any politician is goitn to break promises, but do you really want him to break an easy one to keep?
it's all chaff, a striving after the wind.

Shot Time
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Shot Time »

This made me so thirsty I'm going to the bar right now.
Use to be cool

maltlicker11

Post by maltlicker11 »

The TC was like the 2nd mixed drink I ever had - after the rum and coke.
I actually know a person named Tom Collins.

It would be lovely to see a person like B. "Joe" Obama leading this country.
But as B.Netto points out, the threat of assassination would be high. (Also said of Colin Powell) I expect he will only get better with time.

Malty
It's Immaterial - Life's hard and then you die
Licker is quicker

Jimmy&Guinney

Re: Drink of the Week 10/01

Post by Jimmy&Guinney »

Barca wrote: Eventually we'll learn that the person who voted against your politician of choice isn't actually a child molester who nails puppies to baby chicks as a hobby. Maybe he just sees a different path to Utopia than you do.
See, this is why the Republicans run the country. While they have mastered the art of propaganda, how to exploit bigotry while seeming to uphold the very modernistic values they despise, be the small government party while getting bogged down in not only a land war in Asia, but TWO land wars in Asia and run the debt through the wormwole...their opponts have mastered the art of the unreciprocated conciliatory post. And that it's via a carbonated drink I think not a coincidence.
And they say her flower is faded now
Hard weather and hard booze
But maybe that's just the price you pay
For the chains you refuse

Grace O'Malley
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Grace O'Malley »

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!

Tipsy McStagger
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Tipsy McStagger »

I'll skip the Gin (as it makes me hurl instantly) and go for a Vodka Collins instead.

Oddly enough, I was watching the History Channel yesterday about the true Bridge on the River Kwai and one of the P.O.W.'s names is Tom Collins! Just another reason to have a drink if I do say so myself...

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Isn't this an invention of Jerry Thomas, "father of Americam bartending"?

Judge

Post by Judge »

Senators very rarely become Presidents unless they're dads have bought an election or they got put into a vice presidents slot.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.