DOTW 10/20

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Barca

DOTW 10/20

Post by Barca »

I like drinking. (I may start every DOTW that way from now on) Being able to drink embiggens all other activities (except maybe driving a taxi or landing a passenger jetliner) and can really make even the most mundane of tasks into a carnival of joyous exuberance. I was thinking about this the other day while I was suffering through an unwelcome and involuntary period of undrunkenness. I find myself virtually incapable of undertaking even the most simple of day to day tasks because the spectre of undrunkenness looms horrifyingly over the entire endeavor. Instead of shopping, I order everything over the internet at home where the bartender's friendly and pours with a heavy hand. I worry that if I actually head down to Old Navy or Target or Barnes and Noble that they won't have the rolling drink carts I crave in every aisle. If a greeter at the front door doesn't hand me a flute of champagne how can I even make it to the Housewares section without succumbing to thirst, consumption, rickets, or whatever fatal malady afflicts people who overexert without proper internal lubrication?

I start to wonder, is this how the creepy, agoraphobic cat lady gets started? Was she once just a noble Drunkard who found it harder and harder to remove herself from her trusty parlor bar? Did the gravitational pull of a full crystal decanter permanently envelop her, leaving her with her only outside contact as Liquor store deliveries, capturing cats off the fire escape, and sending in jokes to "Life in these United States" at Readers' Digest?

Then again, sometimes I just put on my Batman shirt and get stinking drunk, and all these concerns melt away. Damn, Booze, is there anything it can't do?

Today's drink of the week is: The Volga Cocktail

Vodka
Creme de Cassis
Heavy Cream

Shake over ice, garnish with a raspberry.

Enjoy.
Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. - Henry Lawson

rune
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by rune »

I had to look up Creme de Cassis:
"Crème de cassis is a blood-red, sweet, black currant-flavored liqueur. It dates back to the 16th century, first produced by monks in France as a cure for snakebites, jaundice, and wretchedness."

I must try this Volga cocktail.

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

Post by waahoohah »

rune wrote: first produced by monks in France as a cure for snakebites, jaundice, and wretchedness."
It seems I've found what I've been looking for all these years...
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald

massivedrunk

Post by massivedrunk »

Sounds interesting. Just now to venture out for the ingredients.
Still just figuring it all out. Still not really figuring it out.

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Crystal »

I know a few people that need to be cured for their wretchedness.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
GFYCMD- Go Fuck Yourself, Captain Mike Davis.

Grace O'Malley
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Grace O'Malley »

I gots the vodka...

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Crystal »

I bought the creme de cassis. we have no heavy cream

i don't even know if we have vodka!
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

I scepitcal that wrechedness can be cured but I'll order one for the next wreched son-of-a-bitch I encounter.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

MeanOldLady
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by MeanOldLady »

you mean roomie? unf! (high fives self)

i don't have two of the three ingredients, so i'm just going to improvise a little, using tecate beer, sunkist brand orange soda, then garnish it with limes i stole from my dad's lime tree. sounds delicous!
"Vodka is the Harry Potter of Booze, fun at first but ultimately unsatisfying and made for children." -The Lush

"If you can't trust the inner monkey, who can you trust?" -F. Sott Blitzedgerald

"this thread should be called WEAK drunk pics. more people should be bloody and passed out" -old crow

Mother Goose
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mother Goose »

Dammit, the past two D'sOTW have been cream-based. I can't bring myself to try them, I think I drank much too much Bailey's when I was younger.

Perhaps I'll make an exception, just this once. I'm starting a booze list now - if you make good on this daily DOTW thing for a week, it's going to be a rough weekend.

"DC is a toilet. And it needs a good flush." ~ Weatherman

Drunkard Chat bot sez: fiyah: i'm picturing wasabi oozing out of her parents, and im at a good pace if you have to do this cheap as fuck. but drunkards need to unite

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

Does sour milk work instead of cream? It's thick.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

You can use cottage cheese. Trust me.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Crystal »

Is it just equal parts?? I have acquired all ingredients necessary.

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Crystal »

It tastes like a raspberry milkshake. more vodka is needed. definitely.