Gaelic Storm

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

DrunkFishEat
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Re: Gaelic Storm

Post by DrunkFishEat »

Jimmy&Guinney wrote:It's mostly just a Belfast Car Bomb (though a lot on here just use the term Irish car bomb. I propose a Belfast car bomb has to use Bushmills instead of Jameson.) But a Gaelic Storm would use Scotch instead of Irish whiskey, and a dram of Drambuí. Drop that jigger of Jacobitism into a 3/4 full pint glass of Guinness, point the bottom of the glass up high to the stars that Oscar the Wilde was looking at, and you have united the Gaelic tribes of both Inis Fáil and Pictland against the Saxon foe. Cú Chulain himself would be proud. And if you keep drinking these, you will be spinning around inside your skin like the Champion of Ulster as well. Up the rebels!!!
Love Car Bomb's. Bushmills is the best choice. Good post. Now'll I'll have to wash a glass and make one.

Omar The Tentmaker
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Location: Second Barstool to the left, and still drinking in the morning

Post by Omar The Tentmaker »

Jimmy&Guinney wrote:
Omar The Tentmaker wrote:damn, fergot tonite, will hafta have tomorro CHEERS! question what causes some people to become red splotchy ewhen they drink? just noticed my knickles are red and i havent punched anything that i know of
I don't know about your knuckles, but have you ever heard of a Celtic nose? I think it has to do with white people who have shitty skin to begin with get even shittier skin as get older. Drinking raises your blood pleasure, which brings blood to the surface and your shitty white skin can't hold back the blood so to speak and that's why a red nose and cheeks is associated with drunks and Irish and Scottish, and hence, Celtic, folks.

Are you sure you didn't punch someone?
could be, red hair easily sunburned skin, wierd thing is it seems only certain drinks do it to my but usually i have found that its michelob and i guess maybe Jim did me wrong tonight. Happened as red face, splotchy down arm with knuckles of right hand red too, thats just where i noticed it at the time. oh well ill live.

nope no new bruises so far as i can tell
I have a newfound respect for vegetarians. With all the good enjoyable things they cut out of their diets, they still leave in alcohol.

Non-alcoholic beers make not a Drunkard

Circling over Shannon
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Location: Sorry to inform you that party headquaters has closed its doors in Philly and has moved to Baltimore

Post by Circling over Shannon »

That sounds killer! I'm ganna be all bout that this weekend

rednek buddha
Souse
Souse

Post by rednek buddha »

I think the term " GAELIC STORM" should be used for what happens after you have one too many irish carbombs.
Meat... Fight it, fuck it, or eat it.

deadpuppiesandwhores
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by deadpuppiesandwhores »

Jimmy&Guinney wrote:I think they appeal to both men's sense of hard drinking, sense your slamming beer, and women's more sugary palate because by the end of it, it tastes like chocaltate milk. Now Ladies, I know not all women have sugary palates, I'm sure almost none on here do, but ye are the regal exception, and I'm speaking generally, not stereotyically. I know a lot of fellows, too many in my opnion, who have sugury palates. Car bombs rock!
ahhhhh! the women here have just as sugarry a palate as any, only they been trained right by good and proper men, ain't that right lassie's?
road to hell is paved with unbought stuffed dogs.
"I AM TOO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN."
colonel sanders

http://meetme.hotornot.com/r/?emid=K8ERHQN

i'm not saying i beat the devil, but i drank his beer for nothin'.... then i stole his song.

Rowdydrunk79
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rowdydrunk79 »

Finally got to try this one today. It's OK but I don't believe Guinness was meant to be chugged so you might want to which things around. How about a shot of Jameson or Bushmills with a pint of John Courage?
"Preacher! Go on down and get me some bourbon. J. T. S. Brown. No ice, no glass."
- Paul Newman, The Hustler
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/141203 ... F8&s=books

Jimmy&Guinney
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Jimmy&Guinney »

Rowdydrunk79 wrote:Finally got to try this one today. It's OK but I don't believe Guinness was meant to be chugged so you might want to which things around. How about a shot of Jameson or Bushmills with a pint of John Courage?
I'm curious what makes you say that? There is less calories and less alcohol in Guinness then there is in light beer.

And I never heard of John Courage, but it sounds good.
And they say her flower is faded now
Hard weather and hard booze
But maybe that's just the price you pay
For the chains you refuse

Rowdydrunk79
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rowdydrunk79 »

Jimmy&Guinney wrote: I'm curious what makes you say that? There is less calories and less alcohol in Guinness then there is in light beer.

And I never heard of John Courage, but it sounds good.
John Courage is a Scottish beer, my local has it on tap. As far as chugging Guinness I'm just too tempted to savor it.
"Preacher! Go on down and get me some bourbon. J. T. S. Brown. No ice, no glass."

fdoosey
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by fdoosey »

The closest I've ever come to this was Jamesons and Drambuie in the Guinness.

It's got a wallop that scared my friends. But I liked it. Now to have it with Scotch.

Rowdydrunk79
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rowdydrunk79 »

Wow, I haven't had my Topic Notification on in three and a half years so I knew that somebody was digging up bones. Shannon, Omar, DFE - the good ol' days.

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Post by Rip Rufus »

Car bombs are one of my favorites. But that stuff is black-out juice for me. If I have a couple of those along with my regular dosing of beers, I hit black out stage. More so than anything else I drink, car bombs make me forget everything that happens that night. And sometimes, that's a very positive attribute.
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

Hossasaurus Wrecked
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Hossasaurus Wrecked »

Since we're on the topic, what is everyone's favorite recipe for an Irish Car Bomb? I've heard a few different variations - the main difference being switching around whether you mix the Jameson's with the Guinness or the Bailey's.

Oh, and what's everybody drinking? This round's on me.

fdoosey

Post by fdoosey »

I like the cut of your job. I'll have one of the aforementioned Gaelic Storms. OK, I'll have 10.

To be honest, I've never had an authentic car bomb. I've dropped Jameson's and Drambuie in a Guinness (as mentioned above), I've dropped vanilla rum into a Guinness (and that's amazingly good, too)...and just plain jameson's (a Jimmy & Guinney).

But I had them at an Irish private club and we cursed the British...so does that count? :)
http://www.sammichmen.com

methfront: the man who wanted to steal a shopping cart of bowling balls and drop them from the back of a car down route 36 doesn't want to sow bitterness
fdoosey: No, he just wanted to have fun with a shopping cart of bowling balls.

Hossasaurus Wrecked
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Hossasaurus Wrecked »

fdoosey wrote: To be honest, I've never had an authentic car bomb. I've dropped Jameson's and Drambuie in a Guinness (as mentioned above), I've dropped vanilla rum into a Guinness (and that's amazingly good, too)...and just plain jameson's (a Jimmy & Guinney).

But I had them at an Irish private club and we cursed the British...so does that count? :)
Good point. Until now, I've just assumed that an Irish Car Bomb consisted of Guinness, Bailey's and Jameson in varying amounts. Anybody have a more complicated recipe?

And I'd assume that cursing the English would only make the car bomb taste that much better. No offense meant to any Limeys in the community.

fdoosey

Post by fdoosey »

Hossasaurus Wrecked wrote:Good point. Until now, I've just assumed that an Irish Car Bomb consisted of Guinness, Bailey's and Jameson in varying amounts. Anybody have a more complicated recipe?

And I'd assume that cursing the English would only make the car bomb taste that much better. No offense meant to any Limeys in the community.
No one takes offense too much here. Well, most of the time. But it's not a car bomb without some sort of slandering I guess. My Irish club doesn't do complicated drinks unless you go back there and make it yourself, or you're a lady. Ladies get treated real nice. :)

Reminds me that I need to go back and do some work at some point. I made a Papa Doble there (despite it being pink in color, it was pretty good) and after about 10 attempts, got down the art of making a layered black and tan.
http://www.sammichmen.com

methfront: the man who wanted to steal a shopping cart of bowling balls and drop them from the back of a car down route 36 doesn't want to sow bitterness
fdoosey: No, he just wanted to have fun with a shopping cart of bowling balls.