Gaelic Storm

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Jimmy&Guinney
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Gaelic Storm

Post by Jimmy&Guinney »

It's mostly just a Belfast Car Bomb (though a lot on here just use the term Irish car bomb. I propose a Belfast car bomb has to use Bushmills instead of Jameson.) But a Gaelic Storm would use Scotch instead of Irish whiskey, and a dram of Drambuí. Drop that jigger of Jacobitism into a 3/4 full pint glass of Guinness, point the bottom of the glass up high to the stars that Oscar the Wilde was looking at, and you have united the Gaelic tribes of both Inis Fáil and Pictland against the Saxon foe. Cú Chulain himself would be proud. And if you keep drinking these, you will be spinning around inside your skin like the Champion of Ulster as well. Up the rebels!!!
And they say her flower is faded now
Hard weather and hard booze
But maybe that's just the price you pay
For the chains you refuse

Rowdydrunk79
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rowdydrunk79 »

God, I can't wait to try this one. :D
"Preacher! Go on down and get me some bourbon. J. T. S. Brown. No ice, no glass."
- Paul Newman, The Hustler
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/141203 ... F8&s=books

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

I've noticed the car bombs becoming more and more popular in the last year. Were they featured in a movie, song or series? Or, is it the phenominon of people seeing someone with something and wanting it themselves?

Rowdydrunk79
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rowdydrunk79 »

I think they've been in the news a lot lately.
"Preacher! Go on down and get me some bourbon. J. T. S. Brown. No ice, no glass."
- Paul Newman, The Hustler
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/141203 ... F8&s=books

Jimmy&Guinney

Post by Jimmy&Guinney »

I think they appeal to both men's sense of hard drinking, sense your slamming beer, and women's more sugary palate because by the end of it, it tastes like chocaltate milk. Now Ladies, I know not all women have sugary palates, I'm sure almost none on here do, but ye are the regal exception, and I'm speaking generally, not stereotyically. I know a lot of fellows, too many in my opnion, who have sugury palates. Car bombs rock!

UnkleLemmy
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by UnkleLemmy »

That sounds good. I'll have to try one tonight.
Savage: "Unkle Lemmy looks just like his avatar, and that is hawt. Also, he sends me a crate of bourbon every month and for this, when I die, he will inherit my castle in Savagonia, and my 72 virgins. (They are all good boys, and very hard workers.)"

fdoosey
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by fdoosey »

I'm going to see if the club has Drambuie tonight. If so, I'm having me one or more of these.
http://www.sammichmen.com

methfront: the man who wanted to steal a shopping cart of bowling balls and drop them from the back of a car down route 36 doesn't want to sow bitterness
fdoosey: No, he just wanted to have fun with a shopping cart of bowling balls.

Jimmy&Guinney

Post by Jimmy&Guinney »

Good, let me know how they are. I never had one, I just thought the term "Gaelic Storm" should be a name of a drink, and should combine Irish and Scottish mythology. I like the story behind Drambuí more then the drink itself, but it might mix well with Guinness. Or it might not.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

You broght it up, what is the deal with Drambui?

fdoosey

Post by fdoosey »

Frankennietzsche wrote:You broght it up, what is the deal with Drambui?
Fookin club had no Drambuie...it's Scotch mixed with things and stuff...not 100% on what though...it's in me book o boozes someplace. But trust me, it is pretty nice stuff on its own. Lightly saweetish, but with that great Scotch bite.

No matter, I had my fill of cheap beers and bourbon, and I am continuing my assault on the bourbon tonight,. Yeah.
http://www.sammichmen.com

methfront: the man who wanted to steal a shopping cart of bowling balls and drop them from the back of a car down route 36 doesn't want to sow bitterness
fdoosey: No, he just wanted to have fun with a shopping cart of bowling balls.

Jimmy&Guinney

Post by Jimmy&Guinney »

Frankennietzsche wrote:You broght it up, what is the deal with Drambui?
According to legend, as far as you can call the label on Drambuí legend, Bonnie Prince Charles Stewart was in exile in Italy when those inbred retarded Hanoverians stole the British throne. That's where he learned this recipe to a liqueor that was popular among big spenders of the day, mid 1700's. When he returned to Scotland to try to win back the throne for the "rightful king os Scotland," that is, his dad, he brought the recipe back with him and gave it to a scotchmaker for his clan's help in the uprising of 1745. Drambuí is Gaelic for "drink that satisfies." I can't say it's an apt description. It is very licorice-yand too sweet.

Omar The Tentmaker
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Location: Second Barstool to the left, and still drinking in the morning

Post by Omar The Tentmaker »

damn, fergot tonite, will hafta have tomorro CHEERS! question what causes some people to become red splotchy ewhen they drink? just noticed my knickles are red and i havent punched anything that i know of
I have a newfound respect for vegetarians. With all the good enjoyable things they cut out of their diets, they still leave in alcohol.

Non-alcoholic beers make not a Drunkard

Jimmy&Guinney

Post by Jimmy&Guinney »

Omar The Tentmaker wrote:damn, fergot tonite, will hafta have tomorro CHEERS! question what causes some people to become red splotchy ewhen they drink? just noticed my knickles are red and i havent punched anything that i know of
I don't know about your knuckles, but have you ever heard of a Celtic nose? I think it has to do with white people who have shitty skin to begin with get even shittier skin as get older. Drinking raises your blood pleasure, which brings blood to the surface and your shitty white skin can't hold back the blood so to speak and that's why a red nose and cheeks is associated with drunks and Irish and Scottish, and hence, Celtic, folks.

Are you sure you didn't punch someone?

Chelsea40oz
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Chelsea40oz »

Jimmy&Guinney wrote: I can't say it's an apt description. It is very licorice-yand too sweet.
That's okay, I always liked Pernod.

You're out of your league, go back to your own village!

Omar The Tentmaker
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Location: Second Barstool to the left, and still drinking in the morning

Post by Omar The Tentmaker »

well its happened before and hasnt killed me so im nopt worried. oh well screw it damn my burbon is empty what do i have left?
I have a newfound respect for vegetarians. With all the good enjoyable things they cut out of their diets, they still leave in alcohol.

Non-alcoholic beers make not a Drunkard