Redneck Black and Tan

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Gin Dandy
Souse
Souse

Redneck Black and Tan

Post by Gin Dandy »

not very orginal i know but i was bored and didnt feel like just one beer at a time....
pour half a pint of pbr
pour half a pint of guiness on top

quite tasty but then again ive had 6 already

Pee
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Pee »

Black and yellow.

Bass= Tan

PBR= yellow

Gin Dandy
Souse
Souse

Post by Gin Dandy »

like i said last night, i had had 6 of these concosions on top of everything else ( i found an empty bottle of sailor jerry in bed with the wife and i this morning?) so im not to be held responsible for my color distinctions...

Bew
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Bew »

lol that sounds rancid

but Ima hafta try it!

mjm
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by mjm »

Maybe call it a Top and Bottom?

As in shelves, FWIW.
"It is well to remember that there are five reasons for drinking: the arrival of a friend; one's present or future thirst; the excellence of the wine; or any other reason." -- Latin Proverb

White Lightning
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by White Lightning »

Isn't there a cheap beer that could fill the role of "black?"

Barca

Post by Barca »

White Lightning wrote:Isn't there a cheap beer that could fill the role of "black?"
Wouldn't that have to be a malt liquor?
Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. - Henry Lawson

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

Barca wrote:
White Lightning wrote:Isn't there a cheap beer that could fill the role of "black?"
Easy now, city boy. The white snowboard punks here drink the cheap octane.
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

Gin Dandy
Souse
Souse

Post by Gin Dandy »

ok i told my buddy about this recipe a few months ago, i guess that at the bar her works at they call them "Black and Blues" and there a really big seller at the moment. this is a fairly small bar maybe 300 squarefeet small, but these boys in there are going through a keg a night of pabst and theyve tripled there guiness orders. so i guess if you live in a redneck zone these were a great idea!

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Barca wrote:
Those are usually a sallow color, though.
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Yuengling makes a black and tan, which is a mixture of its Premium beer and its Porter, which is quite distinct from an Ale vs. a Stout (Bass and Guinness), or a Lager vs. a Stout (Harp and Guinness). The Premium is referred to on Beer Advocate as an "American Macro Lager," sort of on-par with say High Life. Its basically Yuengling's "cheap" beer, available in tallboys and quarts, though the Lager is now available in both these sizes as well, but for money moolah. The mixture is also 60% Porter and 40% Premium. Its definitely a very unique blend.
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Cornwell
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Cornwell »

When I was in college we used to buy a couple forties of Bud, and drink them down till you could pour in most of a can of Guinness. I know it's not a good drink, but if you work on getting that Bud down quickly while it's still cold, your taste should be sufficiently shot so that the 'bastardized Black and Tan' isn't so bad.

If someone knows a good thick cheap beer to use in place of Guiness, that would be great, unfortunately 'cheap and creamy stout' are not words that go together.

rune
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by rune »

Save the Guinness to drink , don't waste it by mixing.
Ditch the bud and get some 40's of Rainier Ale.
Welcome