Champagne Ice

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

vash_nc
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Champagne Ice

Post by vash_nc »

I heard about this from a friend, from what I can find out it's like Italian Ice ice cream, but made from champagne. Does anyone have a decent recipe to share?
We’re not God. Not only are our powers limited, but we sometimes are driven to become the devil himself.

Absinthe Of Malice
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Absinthe Of Malice »

I've had it, it's like a granita.

Combine champagne, some simple syrup, any fruit juice you like (orange and or pineapple juice work well). Pour into a flat tray pan and freeze. AS it freezes, "scratch" it with the tines of a fork to break up the ice crystals, about every 30 minutes. After a couple hours, the granita is done.

Before serving, allow to warm for about 15 minutes, scratch with a fork before serving and serve in a chilled cup, or in a flute topped up with more champagne. When I had it, it was served in a frozen partially hollowed out orange or lemon.
DRINK!
RIP Bill, aka mistah willies

Absinthe Of Malice
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Absinthe Of Malice »

Oh, and you can also use champagne to make jello, the bubble give the jello a "snap". Works well with white grape jello.
DRINK!
RIP Bill, aka mistah willies