Cuba's top cocktail maker makinng a Cuban Manhattan

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

cantineros
Tippler
Tippler

Cuba's top cocktail maker makinng a Cuban Manhattan

Post by cantineros »

This is Fabio Delagado known as Papa, father of all cocktail makers making a Cocktail in a beautiful bar in Havana.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE2Tp9K0OCY

He invented 33 Cocktails including one for errol flynn, the martini special.

I am going to set up a website detailing the history of all old cantineros and bars in Havana as it is so damn interesting. One I am going to meet was bodyguard to Che Guvera.

The great thing is when they know what I am doing out there I get free drinks. Havana, drink, cigars, heaven.

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

Post by waahoohah »

yes, loved the vid, old sod!

Go there, do the video, I'm sure I'll be there to watch!
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald

happydrunk
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by happydrunk »

Nice bar, and that bartender moves soooo slow, but I liked the looks of the drink. I also had to watch the next vid of the guy making the Mojito. That looked awfully tasty too. I'd have to get a muddler though. And a strainer for the Cuban Manhatten cocktail. and some vermouth. and some cuban rum. and the bitters. At least I have the fresh mint for the Mojito. I never have the proper instruments or mix-ins for anything more than a happydrink for me or gin and tonic for Sarge. One day, when we create an actual bar . . . I'll have it all! (well, a Drunkard can dream, can't she?)
I'm not so think as you drunk I am.

Hell is no bourbon - Ms. Savage

Because that's how you win. Gunpowder and rum.,

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

What the fuck is Red Vermouth? I might be impressed by the guys knowledge but at 2 1/2 minutes a drink he's damn near worthless as a bartender except maybe morning shift at a place that doesn't get a third shift rush. But with all available boozes and mixers some math geek a hundred odd years back figured there were about 19 Billion possible drinks and theres a hell of alot more now. So while 33 cocktails is impressive...

I have also concluded I don't like people fucking with the Manhattan- it is the perfect drink. So I'm having some now.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.