DOTW 10/21

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Barca

DOTW 10/21

Post by Barca »

Pagan thinkers didn't believe in free will, they believed that thoughts were the Gods speaking to them. Wisdom came from Athena, rage from Mars, courage from Thor, etc. The animists believed inspiration came from the voices of the souls of nature. Many of the monotheists believe you can't have an independent thought without the touch of God. Fatalists believe life is predetermined and free will is merely a fortuitous illusion. Biometaphysicists believe are actions are simply reactions to a variety of chemical processes.

All these people are wrong.

Inspiration. Independent thought. Creativity. All of these things come from Booze. Alcohol. Liquor. Boozahol.

The undrunk mind can lay around and crunch numbers all day and posit logical theories and think rationally and go from point A to B, but what if we need to go from point A to point 16? Logic and clear thinking can't do jack. The only solution is to fill our brains with the divine elixir, God in a bottle, and turn our neat little architectural blueprints into stairways to heaven. Less Franklin Lloyd Wright, more M.C. Escher. Once we're free to ignore logic, probability, physics, thermodynamics, and all things grounded in reality, the entire world is our oyster shot. Space and time warp and the whole world is your neighbor. Fuck John Nash. Fuck Isaac Newton. Fuck God. I genuflect to Booker Noe.

The DOTW is a rerun but God told me to:

The Grasshopper

Creme De Menthe
Creme De Cacao
Cream

Enjoy.
Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. - Henry Lawson

Martini Time
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Martini Time »

You have a drink named Irving?
"Martinis are a balm against a sordid world, a shield against all that is sullied, rushed and coarse"

Raoul_Duke
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Raoul_Duke »

The Grasshopper is one of those rare drinks that few have actually ordered but is still almost universally accepted as delicious. I believe that the Grasshopper is the original White Russian: a bit too sweet maybe, but a drink that once you order and enjoy one, the sheep will follow. Also, Grasshoppers are drinks that can unite an entire bar. One person orders one, and soon whispers arise from the dark corners of the public house about how tasty that girly drink looks. Pretty soon, everyone has set aside their prejudices and revelled in what the booze gods command. Good call on this DotW, Barca.
"Rid the mind of knowledge when looking for pleasure.
Or start thinking and find a lot of pain."
---J. P. Donleavy

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Crystal »

i could go for a grasshopper right now.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
GFYCMD- Go Fuck Yourself, Captain Mike Davis.

ruiner
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by ruiner »

bring me one. no, two.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

I liked the god in a bottle line but I have to disagree about the pagan thing. Maybe that's what your Greeks and Romans thought but if you read a little more on your northern non-Christian's ( I prefer the term Heathen). You'd know for the most prt they thought the gods sons-a-bitches hat had to be dealt with and appeased rather than the rulers of Fate. In the Norse even the lot of gods is determined by Fate aka the Norns. I'm completely of topic and drunk half out of my brain O hope this makes sense whan I wake up you bastard.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Oggar wrote: I'm completely of topic and drunk half out of my brain O hope this makes sense whan I wake up you bastard.
Valhalla called. They want to know who drank all the Mead last night. I heard Odin got pretty shitfaced though.

In regard to the topic: it's difficult to resist the charms of a cream based drink, particularly one that contains all the best aspects of a chocolate mint with the added bonus of appreciable alcohol content. Note, however, these tasty treats are NOT designed to be embibed en masse and tend to pile fats and dairy protiens on the stomach where they compete against vital booze absorption. And needless to say, I think we've all experienced a dreaded White Russian belch.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Shot Time
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Shot Time »

Badfellow wrote:
In regard to the topic: it's difficult to resist the charms of a cream based drink.
This is a keen observation; the other morning I woke up with an intense desire for a White Russian. My buddy IMed me with an idea, saying that we should look for a way to get in the Guinness Book of World Records. Without thinking, I put on some pants, went to the bookstore to get a paperback copy of the book, then proceeded to go to the local. Let me say, that first taste was so delicious, I laughed out loud to myself as if someone had just told me a wonderful joke--as if I should have done this long ago.

Raoul_Duke
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Raoul_Duke »

Shot Time wrote:
Badfellow wrote:
In regard to the topic: it's difficult to resist the charms of a cream based drink.
This is a keen observation; the other morning I woke up with an intense desire for a White Russian. My buddy IMed me with an idea, saying that we should look for a way to get in the Guinness Book of World Records. Without thinking, I put on some pants, went to the bookstore to get a paperback copy of the book, then proceeded to go to the local. Let me say, that first taste was so delicious, I laughed out loud to myself as if someone had just told me a wonderful joke--as if I should have done this long ago.

I strongly relate to that line. For me, that happens with my first drink of the day no matter what/when it is.
"Rid the mind of knowledge when looking for pleasure.
Or start thinking and find a lot of pain."
---J. P. Donleavy