NA beer: Not even if ordered

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

H.P. Loveshaft
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

NA beer: Not even if ordered

Post by H.P. Loveshaft »

I made brief mention of my first, and now only brush with the heretofore unknown that was non alcoholic beer by way of recent health crisis. It tasted like mediciny, slightly hopped windex. One of the most vile things I've ever had, give me a Tequiza or a Bud Light Chelada or even that can of Hamm's that's been rolling around in the trunk of my 85 Grand Marquis for 7 years. If the situation dictates that you have to refrain from drinking, don't ever drink this shit. You'd be way better off getting a water or a double shot of castor oil. Let my pain serve as a warning.
Jesus! You think Eddie Money has to put up with this shit?!

Connemera
Tippler
Tippler

Re: NA beer: Not even if ordered

Post by Connemera »

Ha ha... my Dad has Hamm's in the fridge!
"Never miss a good chance to shut up."-- Will Rogers

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” -- Catherine Aird

Slim
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Slim »

Man, I was stuck on a boat for three days with my grandpa. What I thought were packs of beer ended up being Bitburger Drive. I was at first appauled, but faced with the prospect seawater, bilge drippings, or NA I immediatley headed below deck to see what I could siphon out of the head. After some frustration I finally abandoned my quest for sickly septic swill and gave it a shot. Whileit didn't taste too bad it didn't get me as fucked up as sewer water would have. But if you have to drink NA beer for health reasons the german stuff wasn't terrible.

Cowboy Joe
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Cowboy Joe »

When I can't drink, for whatever reasons, one of my standards is the green tea bottled by Lipton. I like Coke and such, but can't stand to drink too much of it--green tea is supposedly somewhat healthy and it has a nice mouth feel that vaguely reminds me of wine.

weaksides
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by weaksides »

2 beers and a few slugs of George Dickel deep into my post-binge morning recovery yesterday, I was handed an O'Douls. Never had it before I think.

Wasn't bad except for that one annoying trait. George Dickel made it taste better.

AHHH WAIT.....I just realized I mixed whiskey! Fuck...now I've blasphemed myself.

cornbread714
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by cornbread714 »

Strange, this seems to be the thread where people who have been here longer than me, but who don't post much, talk about substances beneath mention.
But i sure want one of them hats, Slim
Live like a pig, die like a dog

"Everyone sleeps before I do. Sometimes I do not know what to do with myself; then the trouble begins."
-Savage

cornbread714
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by cornbread714 »

I had a girlfriend who had stopped drinking, but then she got hooked on O'doul's. It cost as much as real beer, and she'd drink it by the sixer.
I really hated buying it for her
Live like a pig, die like a dog

"Everyone sleeps before I do. Sometimes I do not know what to do with myself; then the trouble begins."
-Savage

captain gonzo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by captain gonzo »

The last time we were faced with NA beer (after previously being faced with it cos i was told by a now ex gf i had to stay undrunk at a party....yeah right)
me and my friend decided to add whiskey into it. Better definately....then we went into adding tequilla....WINNER. We managed to get drunk but no people didnt actually notice. The only problem they had with us drinking is they could actually see how much not cos of our behaviour. Although after that we were back on real booze and ended up unable to talk.
Drunk? I'm not drunk! You wouldn't dare accuse me of that if I was s0ber!

Slim
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Slim »

cornbread714 wrote:Strange, this seems to be the thread where people who have been here longer than me, but who don't post much, talk about substances beneath mention.
But i sure want one of them hats, Slim
Hats like that must be earned so I'm afraid you'll have to steal one from Party City, yourself.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Shouldn't this thread be moved to Not Booze Related?
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

captain gonzo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by captain gonzo »

Well i made it booze related by making NA beer the mixer
Drunk? I'm not drunk! You wouldn't dare accuse me of that if I was s0ber!

kowalski
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by kowalski »

I cannot bring myself to buy NA beer. I don't think I'm physically capable of doing it...
Snakebite & Blue Bols <-- The Drink of Champions

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

kowalski37 wrote:I cannot bring myself to buy NA beer. I don't think I'm physically capable of doing it...
kowalski,

Not to mention the EXTREMELY bad karma repercussions.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

weaksides
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by weaksides »

Hey...ease up cornbread...you've been here since June and posted a LOT. Congratulations on attaining that status, seriously.

I joined up a couple years ago and had other shit going on- working 2 jobs, getting wasted, and making my nest good for my future(current) wife. Now, I have a little more time on my hands and I chimed in with what I thought was an appropriate story regarding NA beer, hopefully for laughs.