Bacon, Bourbon, Maple Syrup

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Bacon, Bourbon, Maple Syrup

Post by Rip Rufus »

The original article:
http://www.thestar.com/Food/Recipes/article/616968
The comment thread from Fark:
http://www.fark.com/cgi/comments.pl?IDLink=4324620

All that being said, I love bourbon. I love bacon. I like maple syrup. I'd try it, but for some reason I don't think I'd enjoy it.
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Bacon, Bourbon, Maple Syrup

Post by peetie44 »

As I recall, the Drake Hotel (Toronto) is a pretty fancy-smancy place. I believe Gene Di Novi used to play piano there sometimes, back in the '80s.

Seems like a strange location to have a maple syrup festival.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Fred O'Lisby
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Fred O'Lisby »

How about just drinking bourbon on the rocks with your breakfast of bacon, French toast, maple syrup, poached eggs, creamed spinach, and fresh melons at... let's say at 9am ;)
Earlie Cuyler: Allow me to explain the contamination process. Pine cones go in here, party liquors comes out here and proceed to here.
[points to mouth]
Earlie Cuyler: Fights begin, finger prints are took, days is lost, bail is made, court dates are ignored, cycle is repeated.

JesusLizard23
Souse
Souse

Post by JesusLizard23 »

Maple infused ginger ale, double of bourbon, stirred with a crispy strip.

You'r bloody bacon sir.
straight up and down
and beer is all there is

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

Saw someone get a Manhattan with Bacon the other day.

Personally if I were to try this I would go all out and try a Bourbon flip with Bacon garnish.

This isn't really a new concept actually.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619