My favorite drink for cold weather

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

gnarkill
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

My favorite drink for cold weather

Post by gnarkill »

Alright, I realize that the early summer months aren't exactly the best time for this, but the following is my favorite drink for when it's shitty outside:

pour two fifths of bourboun (old grandad works nicely) into a pot and let it simmer on the stovetop with fresh ginger, cinnamon sticks, cloves and a small amount of maple syrup added to taste. If you're picky about this sort of shit, you'll probably want to strain the resulting concoction before drinking it; if not, just drink it as is. Also, it should be noted that you'll want to use the lowest amount of heat possible. This is a drink that should be served warm, but you don't want to accidentally boil off some of the alcohol.

This is my go-to drink for cold winter days. I've also tinkered with the recipe, adding things such as anise and fresh mint with varrying degrees of success. Pretty much all of the ingrediants other than the bourbon should be added to taste. for instance, if you want it to be on the spicier side add more of the fresh ginger.

Give this a try. I think you all might like it, and I'd be interested to hear how it works out for you.
IN VINO VERITAS

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: My favorite drink for cold weather

Post by Wingman »

sounds like gloog, a spiced wine mixture our swedish friend turned us onto this winter. though she didn't tell us until 3 cups in she'd spiked it with vodka. kina like a spiced brutal hammer. man, that was a good night.

and yeah, it's fucking hot. we're not going to rember this in the cooler months.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk