Homemade Vodka Infusions

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: Homemade Vodka Infusions

Post by Bur »

captain gonzo wrote:Drunk fighting is hilarious, usually if both parties are totally fucked they fight like daft bitches.
You've got it sunshine.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

captain gonzo wrote:Stabbing and weapons are for pansies....real men have a fight, someone loses and then buys the winner a drink. End of.
Man...the good old days.

Back in the early '70s, guys would sometimes go out in the alley and try each other out just for the hell of it. But even the mean fights usually ended with somebody picking somebody up, brushing him off and everyone going back to drinking. Or else their buddies would patch things up between both parties while the fighters were separated and cooled down.

Nobody should get maimed or die over a friggin' bar fight.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

captain gonzo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by captain gonzo »

The way I see it fights happen to remove the tension and settle a score. Once the score is settled the tension should be gone and real men don't hold stupid grudges.
Drunk? I'm not drunk! You wouldn't dare accuse me of that if I was s0ber!

Negromancer
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Negromancer »

captain gonzo wrote:Some kid pulled a knife on me once, I hung him over a bridge until he dropped it...good job he was only a kid otherwise I'd probably have got stabbed.
Bwaha! You deserve a manly drink for that one. Let's hope he stopped pulling stunts like that.

When I was younger people would attempt pick fights with me often, because I'm scrawny and had an image that fit into the satanic public enemy thing that was pretty provocational for people at the time (friends would sometimes also use me as bait of they wanted to vent aggression, knowing nobody would try and start anything if we were in a group).
I never backed out, and it really is here like with the UK as you say that it's an Alpha Male thing. They would come at you all aggressive, but as soon as you start looking them in the eyes and pushing the frontline forwards they often back down, even if you are half their size. Not acting as they expect scares them, so I kinda adopted the guise of a drunken kamikaze to save my ass from getting beaten.

Not sure if it would work with older and more experienced people, but when we were kids it sure did. Anyway I would rather get my ass kicked for standing up for something than getting away for being a pussy. Once I got knocked down on my way to a party, right outside the house I was going to. The attackers crapped themselves when fifty longhaired guys in leather jackets came out, and the guy who hit me had to go to the hospital to get glass picked out of the back of his head.
"The best drink of the day, was the drink he had in his head before the first drink of the day."

perfectly pickled
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by perfectly pickled »

saw some fresh lychees in the market so I bought a few packs (600g) put them in a 2litre jar with a 70cl bottle of smirnoff, 200ml of simple syrup, and what was left of a bottle of bison grass vodka (around 200ml).Although the lychees in the bottom of the jar make it look like one of dr mengeles experiments, It tastes really good - subtle flavours from the lychees and the bison grass that combine well. gonna leave it for about a month then strain it.

Lucky
Souse
Souse

Post by Lucky »

Bur wrote:In Finland, in most every bar the stools are so damn heavy you can't effectively use them for attacking people. Unless you're 6'8 and 240 pounds of muscle. Maybe it's for reason.
And when not so heavy the barstools are bolted to the floor...

I have made Skittles vodka infusion myself and it wasnt so bad. It tastes kinda funny artificial-flavor-sweet-crap. I dont know
The best infusion that I have concocted comes from lemon zest or orange zest.
Pure cocoa powder is also very good to infuse in vodka.

Aleksi
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Aleksi »

Holy shit.

First, all the concoctions seem pretty awesome and to be honest horrid at the same time which were posted before in this thread.

Except for the cranberry one - and if that is made with dried cranberries.

Call me an old-fashioned kinda dude, but still the few infusions with vodka I have made have worked really well. Have been much less sweet than the posted ones though.

Shave horseradish really thinly and dry it out in an oven. What is important is that the sugars kinda dry out. Put in a bottle of vodka with a small bit of star aniseed and let infuse for about 2 weeks.

Take a batch of blueberry stems and split it in half. Use a torch to blacken the other half and put all of the stems to a bottle of vodka with a few black peppercorns.

If you can find some birch wood, torch them suckas up as well and let that woody taste seep into your bottle.

Results will be good, at least according to my palate. The birch wood is amazingly sweet and smoky at the same time.
Grappa. The realest.

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

Aleksi wrote: If you can find some birch wood, torch them suckas up as well and let that woody taste seep into your bottle.

Results will be good, at least according to my palate. The birch wood is amazingly sweet and smoky at the same time.
i bet you'd like bourbon.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I was inspired to go and infuse my bottle of white rum with some stem ginger, then I remembered I used the ginger last night. Off to the shops I go
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

does gummy bears count as Infusions.I like black berry Infusion vodka
throw in a hand full of blackberries in mason jar pour in some vodka let stand for two weeks there you go.
Earl grey tea infusion add as many bags of tea as you want in the mason jar and pour in the vodka.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

My flatmate came home at christmas with a few bottles of sloe gin, vodka or gin with crushed sloe berries and sugar added to it and left for a few months to mix. Good stuff tastes like drinking jam that hasn't set
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

I know in Russian they drink beets infusion vodka, cucumber infusion vodka,carrots infusion vodka,cherry tomato vodka
I got to wait for late summer to pick elderberries to make elderberry infuse vodka same for blackberries and blueberries

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by beerkegbilly »

I'm making some blueberry tomorrow.

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by beerkegbilly »

I started my blueberry .

Aleksi
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Aleksi »

cucumber infusion vodka
Amazing, just use the peels only. Wash really well, and after about a week of infusing, make a chilled shot with some cucumber juice. If the cucumbers were young, add a tiny twist of black pepper.

Also, add a small piece of horseradish to the cucumber vodka infusion to bring the pepperiness across.
Grappa. The realest.