Homemade Vodka Infusions

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Homemade Vodka Infusions

Post by peetie44 »

captain gonzo wrote:The UK is contradictory.... go into a real pub and order anything that has any sweetness and even if your a woman youd get beaten...but the town centres are full of half hearted attempts at bars where they love to hide the taste of booze behind a wall of sugar. That and starting to drink at 16 is classed as waiting til your old enough (most people starting at 12-13 that I know) and the young tend to be the purveyors of whats popular.

But really the silent real drinkers here tend to stick to real drinks.
The above has been pretty much my pub-drinking experience during various trips to the UK since 1976.

If you go to the local Hard Rock Cafe or equivalent you can get your theme-park drinks. If you go to a neighborhood pub you'll often take flack for ordering anything which contains more than @2 ingredients. And if you order any kind of trendy, girly/frat-boy drink, you're liable to hear something along the lines of this from the barkeep:

"Say there, Yank...it's been a long day...how about a nice whisky and a pint?...ahh, there's bein' a good gentleman now..."

"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

captain gonzo wrote:The UK is contradictory.... go into a real pub and order anything that has any sweetness and even if your a woman youd get beaten.
Wat, I think I did Gin and tonics and maybe pina colada kinda shit couple of times in glasgow and my friend sported fucking pink hair.. Maybe we didn't go to right places. I would've loved a place like that though.

captain gonzo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by captain gonzo »

Bur wrote:
captain gonzo wrote:The UK is contradictory.... go into a real pub and order anything that has any sweetness and even if your a woman youd get beaten.
Wat, I think I did Gin and tonics and maybe pina colada kinda shit couple of times in glasgow and my friend sported fucking pink hair.. Maybe we didn't go to right places. I would've loved a place like that though.
Go to the back end of Glasgow and do that,

Frankie Boyle told a good joke,

An Englishman walks into a bar in Glasgow and asks "Can I get a lager and lime", the barman replies "sorry mate, we don't do cocktails."

Honestly though, gin and tonic is the national drink. We used it when abroad to fight malaria and undrunkenness. Its pretty much helped us invade the world. Its not girly. Growing up in a small town full of miners and steel workers, my dad told me lager was girly and so I drank guinness and ales. Think my first pint of bitter was at the age of about 9.
Drunk? I'm not drunk! You wouldn't dare accuse me of that if I was s0ber!

Bur

Post by Bur »

Well my mainstay in Glasgow was whisky and guinness anyhow, with good load of bourbon mixed in. Anyway in finland it's not so much about what you drink in bars, but how you answer certain folks when they ask you about shit.

And the grills that are open after bars close are popular places for assbeatings as well. So far I've ended up in one to one cases with positive upcomes, but I know they don't always end up as pretty..

captain gonzo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by captain gonzo »

Bur wrote:Well my mainstay in Glasgow was whisky and guinness anyhow, with good load of bourbon mixed in. Anyway in finland it's not so much about what you drink in bars, but how you answer certain folks when they ask you about shit.

And the grills that are open after bars close are popular places for assbeatings as well. So far I've ended up in one to one cases with positive upcomes, but I know they don't always end up as pretty..
Kudos to the Fins for their macho drinking....Generally a tough people.

In Britain its all about appearance and not backing down. Generally if you back down you'll get beaten...stick up for yourself and you'll be ok, its all an alpha male thing. That and fighting dirty as fuck works. If you can hit them with a bar stool...do it.

I always remember being in revolutions (a shitty chain vodka bar) and some guy orders a cosmo, when she gets the martini glass out he complains that he cant drink his pink fruity vodka drink out of such a effeminate vessel (well he wasn't quite so eloquent). Anyway at this point i ordered 3 double bourbons and drank them quickly while standing next to the guy and the barmaid made a point of stating that if he wants to look manly look at me.

He gave me some grief and I told him to fuck off unless he wants to pick glass out of his forehead....turns out he was some kid who does art class at the local college and got kicked out for being underage.

Bur

Post by Bur »

captain gonzo wrote:
Bur wrote:Well my mainstay in Glasgow was whisky and guinness anyhow, with good load of bourbon mixed in. Anyway in finland it's not so much about what you drink in bars, but how you answer certain folks when they ask you about shit.

Kudos to the Fins for their macho drinking....Generally a tough people.

In Britain its all about appearance and not backing down. Generally if you back down you'll get beaten...stick up for yourself and you'll be ok, its all an alpha male thing. That and fighting dirty as fuck works. If you can hit them with a bar stool...do it.

I always remember being in revolutions (a shitty chain vodka bar) and some guy orders a cosmo, when she gets the martini glass out he complains that he cant drink his pink fruity vodka drink out of such a effeminate vessel (well he wasn't quite so eloquent). Anyway at this point i ordered 3 double bourbons and drank them quickly while standing next to the guy and the barmaid made a point of stating that if he wants to look manly look at me.

He gave me some grief and I told him to fuck off unless he wants to pick glass out of his forehead....turns out he was some kid who does art class at the local college and got kicked out for being underage.
In Finland, in most every bar the stools are so damn heavy you can't effectively use them for attacking people. Unless you're 6'8 and 240 pounds of muscle. Maybe it's for reason. The stabbing scene anyhow has much moved away from eastern finland. Compared to what it was told by quite few old timers who've been around. And I think that's good. Punching people in face, even to the balls is likely much less lethal than proving your manhood by stabbing him or what has happened mile or so where I live from coming back to bar later and HITTING THE GUY WITH DAMN AXE.

captain gonzo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by captain gonzo »

Stabbing and weapons are for pansies....real men have a fight, someone loses and then buys the winner a drink. End of.

Bur

Post by Bur »

captain gonzo wrote:Stabbing and weapons are for pansies....real men have a fight, someone loses and then buys the winner a drink. End of.
Hope everyone would agree to have it that way.

captain gonzo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by captain gonzo »

Some kid pulled a knife on me once, I hung him over a bridge until he dropped it...good job he was only a kid otherwise I'd probably have got stabbed.

Bur

Post by Bur »

captain gonzo wrote:Some kid pulled a knife on me once, I hung him over a bridge until he dropped it...good job he was only a kid otherwise I'd probably have got stabbed.
Aye.. What are people so afraid of anyhow that they need to have a knife with them at any time?

captain gonzo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by captain gonzo »

Not so much scared as they go looking for trouble, then can't handle it when they find it.

Me? I just want a nice place to sit and drink thats cheap and cheerful and serves a decent guinness.

Bur

Post by Bur »

captain gonzo wrote:Not so much scared as they go looking for trouble, then can't handle it when they find it.

Me? I just want a nice place to sit and drink thats cheap and cheerful and serves a decent guinness.
Wish the decent guinness was as much around/affordably avaible in here. But I must admit I've gone out looking for trouble, that was before I found about stuff like you know boxing, BJJ, MMA etc.

captain gonzo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by captain gonzo »

Bur wrote:
captain gonzo wrote:Not so much scared as they go looking for trouble, then can't handle it when they find it.

Wish the decent guinness was as much around/affordably avaible in here. But I must admit I've gone out looking for trouble, that was before I found about stuff like you know boxing, BJJ, MMA etc.
Been into martial arts since I was 7, tbh getting into fights is great as long as you know you won't get stabbed.

Mostly now i want a bar where I can sit getting hammered and no one bothers me, not easy in Manchester as they don't like you slurring....but I wanna get obliterated not tipsy.

Bur

Post by Bur »

'S good far as you ask me. I mean it's part of me that says fighting is fine as long as no-one gets crippled for life. As much there is part of me saying it's survival of the fittest. That part I don't like so much..

Anyhow I prefer fighting while undrunk. Much more controlled etc..

captain gonzo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by captain gonzo »

Drunk fighting is hilarious, usually if both parties are totally fucked they fight like daft bitches.