Moskovskaya vodka

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Negromancer
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Moskovskaya vodka

Post by Negromancer »

I picked this up at the government booze office today, I picked it over Stolichnaya for reasons of which I'm not really aware. The hand of fate just told me "Come on, it's a DOLLAR cheaper, more bang for buch, come on!" Even though Stoli is more infamous by far. Both have a certain USSR feel judging from the labels, and it might have been the fact that Mosko even LOOKS cheaper than Stoli, that woke up some primeval Russian instinct in me.

I haven't opened it yet. Did I make the correct choice? Oh, I also intend to use this to make some cocktails. Drop me a few recipes that don't really require any other booze-ingredients(I'm poor enough as it is!).
"The best drink of the day, was the drink he had in his head before the first drink of the day."

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Moskovskaya vodka

Post by Badfellow »

I'm a great fan of the little green label. And I believe Palinka was before me in recognizing it so.

You were correct in your decision. Chill it in the snow. Drink many shots with gravlax and friends, while the winter lasts.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Negromancer
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: Moskovskaya vodka

Post by Negromancer »

I quite enjoyed it! I still got half the bottle left. Yesterday I had two big bloody marys and some shots. Also mixed nicely with ginger ale. I also made a new cocktail: White Rugian, which is one part vodka, two parts cultured milk.
"The best drink of the day, was the drink he had in his head before the first drink of the day."