this went completely awry

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

this went completely awry

Post by Bluto »

Being half in the bag already I decided to see what I could come up with by combining some of the lesser used items in the liquor cabinet. Here's how it played out:

Me opening liqour cabinet doors: "I'll try some Canadian Whiskey, a little chep blended scotch, and some vodka."

Combine 1 jigger Canadian, 1 pony scotch and 1 pony vodak with 1 pony fresh lemon juice and thre dashes of bitters.

Me after combining said ingredients: "I think we'll need something to sweeten this up a bit. I'll try a pony of apricot brandy"

add 1 pony of apricot brandy to the above then shake with ice and strain into a rocks glass with more ice

This did not turn out well. Surprisingly, my fix was to add a splash more scotch for some depth of flavor to cancel out the lemmon and a splash of soda water to add a bit of effervesence to bring to bring out the aroma.
I wasn't about to let the booze go to waste so I finished the drink but it's not something I'd recomend.
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

Re: this went completely awry

Post by waahoohah »

Bluto wrote:Being half in the bag already I decided to see what I could come up with by combining some of the lesser used items in the liquor cabinet. Here's how it played out:

Me opening liqour cabinet doors: "I'll try some Canadian Whiskey, a little chep blended scotch, and some vodka."

Combine 1 jigger Canadian, 1 pony scotch and 1 pony vodak with 1 pony fresh lemon juice and thre dashes of bitters.

Me after combining said ingredients: "I think we'll need something to sweeten this up a bit. I'll try a pony of apricot brandy"

add 1 pony of apricot brandy to the above then shake with ice and strain into a rocks glass with more ice
Add a cup of detergent, and I'm pretty sure you have napalm....
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald

Ozz
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Ozz »

Your playing with mixes, you do so at your peril

"in an hour of moral weakness, I once again compounded and swallowed the transforming draught.

" My devil had been long caged, he came out roaring."

Dr Henry Jekyll, 1886
The Experiment needs volunteers. Log your evening and share it with us.
http://www.drunkard.com/bbs/viewtopic.p ... 5#p1014210

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

I've also tried horrible stuff like that. sometimes there's just something that seems impossible to get rid of. My bottle of red vermouth was left at the house I moved from. Right now I have blackberry brandy. The only good use seems to be a tequila sunset
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

Mallory Knox
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Mallory Knox »

The further you got into the drink, the more palatable it became.
Am I right?
Cuz most of the time booze is magical that way.
ivan wrote:Bring it! You foe me, and I'll make brilliant posts that you won't see!

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

Mallory Knox wrote:The further you got into the drink, the more palatable it became.
Am I right?
Cuz most of the time booze is magical that way.
It sure did and I didn't even have to say abracadabra.
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595