Margarita Recipes

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

zak
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Margarita Recipes

Post by zak »

Anyone got anything good. I'm taking a hashtag from a friends tweet and running with the #summerofmargaritas10 theme. From time to time I like to do that sort of thing. So I started with the very simple for the night (big bucket of margarita mix and tequila) Image
If anybody has any recipe suggestions I'd love to try them out over the summer.
this post brought to you by #summerofmargaritas10 cause, yeah it's going to be that kinda of summer where mixed drinks with tequila is going to taste all types of good and stuff, this summer '10 get yourself some margaritas and holler at ya boy.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Margarita Recipes

Post by peetie44 »

According to your enclosed photo, it looks like you're 90% there. The following is for a shaken margarita:

1) Put Jimmy Buffet's Greatest Hits in your CD player and fire it up.

2) Fill a large cocktail shaker @ 3/4 full with small ice cubes* (don't use crushed ice). Then add some of whatcha got in your trunk there into the shaker (if your margarita mix is a dry-mix, follow the instructions on the container as to how much water to add). Start with a @2:1 ratio of mix-to-tequila. Then shake the hell out of it. BTW...depending on the quality of your tub-o-margarita-mix, you might want to add a bit of fresh-squeezed lime juice.

3) Take a margarita glass (actually, a large wine glass or any stubby wide-mouth glass will do), Rub some of the pulp of a lime wedge around the rim of your glass and then rub the rim in a plate of finely ground sea salt. Then pour your concoction from the shaker into the glass (leave the ice cubes in the shaker).

4) Taste your creation liberally and fine-tune your blend (you'll find it can always use a little more tequila).

5) Drink some more. If you're satisfied with your blend, mix more and drink more. If your not satisfied, more fine tuning (and tasting) may be required.

6) Repeat until the island has been reached.

*Unlike with crushed ice (which melts too quickly), you can keep using the same ice cubes for a few shakers-full, pouring off any excess melted water and topping the shaker up with some fresh cubes from time to time.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Fabricsoftner
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Fabricsoftner »

Get rid of the mix and use fresh lime juice

get a shaker, add some ice. Put in about 3 oz tequila, 1.5 oz lime juice and .5 oz of trpple sec. Shake and add to a margarita glass rimmed with salt. (not table salt, but preferably sea salt or maybe kosher)
<@Riddeford> lying on the ground laughing then going to get drunk on a pier. isn't what was fabric was born to do?

<apE> if theyd spend half as much time drinking as they do bitching, itd all be good

<@Fabric> Pint: why do I feel like shit?
<%pint> Fabric: people

<@fiyah> you're unemployed and drunk, you have no standards

nelto
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by nelto »

peetie44, you are a gentleman, a scholar, and an absolute wealth of knowledge.

Gin McGuinness
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Gin McGuinness »

I like crushed ice but then again my fridge makes it for me and I like easy things.

Fresh lime juice is the only way to go; sweeten with brown sugar simple syrup or Agave. For every shot of tequila add 1/2 shot of Cointreau.

The rim dust is a mixture of white sugar and sea salt (25/75) - even better when you store dried lime peel in the container.
"Personally I prefer the buzz between 'all is good and well in the universe with this glass' drunk and 'IM A FUCKING VIKING!' drunk." Impish Boozehound

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

there's a splash of sprite and a drop of orange juice in Wingman's Perfect Margarita.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

Use Grand Ma instead of Triple Sec. Your friends in the food service industry will take shots of it between 'ritas and love you all the more.

Why do service types love Grand Ma? I don't know, but it seems pretty universal.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

two shots of tequila
one shot of presidente brandy
half lime squeezed then dropped in
a pinch of salt
fill rest of glass with ice

drink and refill
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

lemon juice and tequila two ice cubes wedge of lemon no crushed ice or sugary margarita mixes and no salt

perfectly pickled
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by perfectly pickled »

Jiggers McCoy wrote:Use Grand Ma instead of Triple Sec. Your friends in the food service industry will take shots of it between 'ritas and love you all the more.

Why do service types love Grand Ma? I don't know, but it seems pretty universal.
^what he said^

million dollar margarita (shaken)
1 1/2 shots tequila
1 1/2 shots grand marnier
1/2 shots lime juice
(serve on the rocks)
no salt rim needed though

or try
tommy's margarita (shaken)
2 shots tequila
1 shot lime juice
1/2 shot agave syrup
half salt rim
coupette glass

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

Jiggers McCoy wrote:Use Grand Ma instead of Triple Sec. Your friends in the food service industry will take shots of it between 'ritas and love you all the more.

Late to the party here, but I work in a restaurant and grand marnier is used in some desert recipes, so any full scale restaurant usually has some on deck. I'm not saying It's because hungover workers get used to stealing a swig of it or putting a splash in their coffee, I'm just saying.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

captain gonzo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by captain gonzo »

You can get bottles of premixed margaritas by jose cuervo in the UK, mixed with copious amounts of tequila it aint bad.
Drunk? I'm not drunk! You wouldn't dare accuse me of that if I was s0ber!

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

Shotskis wrote:Not exactly the same, but the margarita Jello Shots were a hit at our last party!
TheJelloShotStore.com is one of the places to get them.
new guy buys. i'll have a pint glass of makers and a pitcher of yuengling, thanks.
Stupid should hurt.

--ThirstyDrunk

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

Blended Drinx wrote:6 oz. limeade
6 oz. tequila
6 oz. beer
3 oz. Triple Sec
Ice cubes

Pour all ingredients into a blender. Fill to about 1 1/2 inches from the top with ice cubes. Mix a short time until ice is crushed and drink is frothy. Enjoy!
what is it about "margarita recipes" that brings the trolls and bots out? oh, well, new guy buys. i'll try one of those frozen abominations.
Stupid should hurt.

--ThirstyDrunk

John Barleycorn
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by John Barleycorn »

Blended Drinx wrote:6 oz. limeade
6 oz. tequila
6 oz. beer
3 oz. Triple Sec
Ice cubes

Pour all ingredients into a blender. Fill to about 1 1/2 inches from the top with ice cubes. Mix a short time until ice is crushed and drink is frothy. Enjoy!
Beer in a blender? You're retarded, even for a bot.