godfather

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

godfather

Post by Miklo »

since i have a bar now, i have been slowly stocking though i am running out of room for more bottles. someone told me about a drink called the godfather which is burbon and amaretto. so i bought some disarono, even though that stuff is sickingly sweet i thought it might go good with some EW. i mixed it at a 2:1 ratio which was still to sweet. maby tomarrow i will try 3:1 and see if that makes a difference. i still need practice makeing drinks though, i also tryed to make a manhatten but with paychaunds bitthes, EW, and sweet vermouth. i just guessed at the ratios and it was drinkable but not quite right. maby i should just stick to drinking everything neat. i need to do a search for some classic simple recipies.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: godfather

Post by Resident Asshole »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuWvlXDE ... ature=fvwp

3:1 ratio is what I've seen in a couple of different places. I think I would probably like it better with Scotch than Bourbon, because the bitterness of the Scotch would offset the amaretto.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

scotch club soda

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

i have given up on the godfather, tried it with scotch as well at 3:1 and did no like.

scotch and club soda, would never try it. it seems to be a waste as scotch it quite delisious on its own, why the soda?
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

The Limey
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by The Limey »

The guy in the link upthread likes the sound of his own voice.

The "classic drink" is called The Boss ( not to be confused with the recent American invention "The Bossman" ). Not the Godfather. I wonder if there is confusion as The Godmother is vodka and amaretto ( 3:1 ) and The Godchild is Brandy and amaretto ( 1:1 ). The Boss is

1 1/2 msr bourbon
1/2 msr amaretto
Add to glass filled with broken ice and serve with a cherry

perfectly pickled
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by perfectly pickled »

The Godchild is great with an XO brandy, I use the three barrels XO.

John Barleycorn
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by John Barleycorn »

This drink sounds really heavy on the Amaretto. Maybe something more like martini proportions would be better.

captain gonzo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by captain gonzo »

3:1 with chivas regal, shaken over ice and served straight up is how I usually make them. After dinner consumption instead of desert usually. Never have more than 2 cos it is too sweet for full on consumption.
Drunk? I'm not drunk! You wouldn't dare accuse me of that if I was s0ber!

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

This all sounds pretty great to me. But unlike most on this board I have a sweet-tooth. BRING ON THE SCHNAPPS
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

looks like a while since anything on this thread. I have had a couple of godfathers in bars, and they were lovely, with a nice cough mixture flavour, but I agree with john Barleycorn; martini proportions could make it magnificent
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Jollyroger1210
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Location: Halfway between Yuengling and the Whiskey Rebellion

Post by Jollyroger1210 »

DeeboCools wrote:This all sounds pretty great to me. But unlike most on this board I have a sweet-tooth. BRING ON THE SCHNAPPS
Prost! Love me some schnapps!
"I only drink on days that start with a T; Tuesday, Thursday, today, and tomorrow."